Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump uploaded by Katie R.

BY AMEDA BREASTFEEDING PRODUCTS #24 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Pump Kit without BPA Mom Inspired, Hospital Trusted Double Electric Breast Pump:  Effective for Mothers Working Full-Time Custom Control™ .  Separate suction and cycle dials to help find the settings that work best for you.  Easy Care .  No need to clean kit tubing Convenient.  Lightweight and portable Provides 30-6- cycles per minute Versatile Carry All Shoulder Bag; Easy to clean microfiber Where breast pumps were born and raised:  More than 60 years ago in Sweden, engineer Einar Egnell made it his life s work to help breastfeeding mothers.  After years of research, Egnell created the first comfortable and effective breast pump.  In the process, Egnell also created suction and cycling standards that today s lactation consultants use to judge most breast pumps. Today s Ameda breast pumps use Engell s innovative technology wit see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Kaitlyn H.
Byron, WI
If only 0 stars was a option.
I used a medela in the hospital and my insurance Gave me this piece of crap for free.
Where do you start,
It's loud, if you go over half way on suction it sounds like it's motor is giving out, they only have 5oz bottles to pump into, that doesn't sound like a issue but for me I was pumping 4oz on one side and 6-9 on the other. It's hard to dump a bottle into a bag when your in the middle of a let down.
I hated my breast pump, next baby ill spend hundreds on a decent pump if my insurance doesn't give a better one.
I should also add, trying to use it one handed is impossible.
Janet R.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I hated it. The suction was barely there I would spend 30 mins pumping and barely got an ounce per side. I heard good things from other mothers but it didn't work for me.
Nikki C.
This breast pump was awful, I got it for free through insurance and wish I hadn't even wasted them mailing it out. Took me a week to get it and then the suction power was absolutely terrible. I ended up jumping to formula because the hassle with this pump mixed with supply issues. You have to toy around with it and it takes entirely too long to even pump an ounce.
Melissa R.
Salem, OR
If I could give this 0 stars I would. this pump is awful. I received mine from my insurance company and it broke after 3 uses. I replaced parts and did everything they suggest. short of getting a replacement from the manufacturer there wasn't anything that would fix the problem. I ended up getting a Medela pump so that I wouldn't be without for work and used they solely for my pumping needs until I stopped nursing when my son was 14 months old.
Brittany B.
Missoula, MT
This was sent to me and covered by insurance. Stopped using after just a couple months. Hardly any suction at all. I would get 1-2 oz per side where I would get 4-5 oz from a different pump I used with the same scenario (time of day, amount and timing of my calorie intake, baby's last feed).
Brittany D.
Mercer, WI
There was terrible suction. I ended up getting so frustrated I stopped breast feeding because I just could not get any milk out with this pump! Do not waste your money.
Monica G.
My insurance paid for this exact pump and I almost threw it out the window. I had so many problems with it creating suction!! For a sleep deprived, new mother, enraged with hormones, suffering from engorged breasts, this pump did nothing but result in emotional breakdowns. It worked for the first week or so and then stopped. I could not find any tears or rips in the tubing and other parts. The silicone diaphragms would not inflate and deflate properly resulting in zero suction. I had to keep opening and closing the caps on top. A lactation consultant even agreed and said this pump was junk. I switched to Medela with zero problems. Don't buy this pump!
Lindsay T.
Grosse Pt Wds, MI
I only got this pump b/c my insurance paid for it and as you know they are expensive. The suction is horrible and I've tried replacing all the parts. I ended up purchasing the medela b/c the Ameda made me hate pumping.
Britton C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Review for: Carry All more...
Received this through insurance. It’s fine for a free pump. But the flanges are extremely small. Atleast much to small for me. Had to order larger ones. Drains batteries. I barely got through a 4 hour round trip. The batteries were working at a low percent by the end. Wouldn’t recommend.
Amber W.
S Salt Lake, UT
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump, 1 ea more...
This isn't the best pump. My insurance covered this one, which was great... however the parts needed replaced often, the motor was really loud, and as someone with IGT, I really struggled to get let down with this pump. I'll definitely be investing in a medela next baby.
Ciara B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Anyone know what kind of hands free pumping bra this is compatible with? Pumpease? Lansinoh? Rumina? Etc? Any?