Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump uploaded by Katie R.

BY AMEDA BREASTFEEDING PRODUCTS #44 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Pump Kit without BPA Mom Inspired, Hospital Trusted Double Electric Breast Pump:  Effective for Mothers Working Full-Time Custom Control™ .  Separate suction and cycle dials to help find the settings that work best for you.  Easy Care .  No need to clean kit tubing Convenient.  Lightweight and portable Provides 30-6- cycles per minute Versatile Carry All Shoulder Bag; Easy to clean microfiber Where breast pumps were born and raised:  More than 60 years ago in Sweden, engineer Einar Egnell made it his life s work to help breastfeeding mothers.  After years of research, Egnell created the first comfortable and effective breast pump.  In the process, Egnell also created suction and cycling standards that today s lactation consultants use to judge most breast pumps. Today s Ameda breast pumps use Engell s innovative technology wit see more...

Buy on FSAstor...
Tiffany s.
Linwood, NJ
Compared to the other pumps I've used (medella and avent) this one is the only one that helped me keep up my milk supply properly. After 2 weeks i gave up trying to get my son to latch and submitted to just pumping for 10months. this was the most comfortable and had the most variance in speed and suction. it was by far my favorite.

buuuuuut. the motor burned out after 6 months, and i had to buy a new one, which my isurance didn't cover replacements. that's why i got the avent one bc it was cheaper and i found it wasn't as good.

conclusion. ameda purely yours is good, but not for exclusively pumping for more than 6 months.
Monica G.
My insurance paid for this exact pump and I almost threw it out the window. I had so many problems with it creating suction!! For a sleep deprived, new mother, enraged with hormones, suffering from engorged breasts, this pump did nothing but result in emotional breakdowns. It worked for the first week or so and then stopped. I could not find any tears or rips in the tubing and other parts. The silicone diaphragms would not inflate and deflate properly resulting in zero suction. I had to keep opening and closing the caps on top. A lactation consultant even agreed and said this pump was junk. I switched to Medela with zero problems. Don't buy this pump!
Madelyn J.
Evergreen, LA
I EB both of my children using this pump. I had trouble with latching with both kids so I only pumped and they were bottle fed. This pump worked very hard! I was getting about 8 to 10 ounces from each breast every 3 to 4 hours with both children and this pump never let me down. I fed my first child till she was 2 years, then put the pump in the closet until I had my last child this past year, and the pump is still going strong. I would suggest this pump to anyone who needs a workhorse. It is worth the price, the bag and size make it great for travel as well.
Amanda P.
Red Lion, PA
My son was born with a tongue tie, and we couldn't get him to latch, so I exclusively pumped for an entire year with this pump. This pump was a GOD SEND! I used a manual pump at first, and while it was great, and I got quite a supply from it, finally going dual and electric was a time saver, and helped me give my baby breastmilk without breast feeding. This pump did a great job, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg. It also is designed to not allow milk to flow back in to the pump. This pump will always get an A in my book for getting me to a year!
Nikki C.
This breast pump was awful, I got it for free through insurance and wish I hadn't even wasted them mailing it out. Took me a week to get it and then the suction power was absolutely terrible. I ended up jumping to formula because the hassle with this pump mixed with supply issues. You have to toy around with it and it takes entirely too long to even pump an ounce.
Jessica P.
Canton, IL
I think this pump is just okay. I used it with my first son and it did the job. But since then (2 kids later), I've been able to try out a few different pumps. This pump is noisy and while it has adjustable cycle and suction, it doesn't do a very good job mimicking baby. Also, it's not easy finding replacement parts in stores (I have found at Babies R Us). Flange sizes are limited as well.
Kim A.
Salinas, CA
This product is okay but not the best. Pros: 1. Easy to use. 2. The milk does not pass the tube. 3. Gentle to nipples. The third reason is why I'm giving it 4 stars. I know how painful and frustrating it is to breastfeed when your baby just couldn't latch properly. I have been there. Cons: 1. Noisy 2. The suction is not that good.
This product is only recommended to first time users and for moms who has sore nipples. However, it is kind of frustrating already when it couldn't suction that well. You still feel engorged after pumping.
Jenn M.
I am a working mom of three. This breast pump worked great and lasted through my last two breastfeeding children (4 years apart). The suction mimicked my boys own nursing. With my first child, I went through 3 pumps (other brands) due to loss of suction. My only complaint is that spare parts are not easy to find in a store. On line they are available, but even though I found the pump at stores like Target and Walmart, they did not carry extra hoses/valves inside the store.
Samantha B.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I just had my third baby 6 weeks ago. My insurance company would no pay for a medela breast pump (what i used with my second), so i got this one which is what was recommended by my hospital since it is a hospital grade pump. I hated the pump. all the pieces seem so cheap compared to the medelas ive used in the past, and the medela i used at the hospital. I would pump with this one and get 1/2 to 1/3 less milk than i would using the medela at the hospital. Also it caused more discomfort than the medela. For the same price get a pump worth getting, not this one.
Jessica P.
W Lafayette, IN
With my first baby I had to go back to work at 12 weeks and I would pump 3-4 times a day at work. It was crucial that I pumped and got my baby what she needed while she was away from me. This product worked great. I purchased a hands free pump bra to go with it and just worked on the computer while I pumped. No problems at all, definitely worth the money.
Ciara B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Anyone know what kind of hands free pumping bra this is compatible with? Pumpease? Lansinoh? Rumina? Etc? Any?