Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump uploaded by Katie R.

BY AMEDA BREASTFEEDING PRODUCTS #44 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Pump Kit without BPA Mom Inspired, Hospital Trusted Double Electric Breast Pump:  Effective for Mothers Working Full-Time Custom Control™ .  Separate suction and cycle dials to help find the settings that work best for you.  Easy Care .  No need to clean kit tubing Convenient.  Lightweight and portable Provides 30-6- cycles per minute Versatile Carry All Shoulder Bag; Easy to clean microfiber Where breast pumps were born and raised:  More than 60 years ago in Sweden, engineer Einar Egnell made it his life s work to help breastfeeding mothers.  After years of research, Egnell created the first comfortable and effective breast pump.  In the process, Egnell also created suction and cycling standards that today s lactation consultants use to judge most breast pumps. Today s Ameda breast pumps use Engell s innovative technology wit see more...

Buy on FSAstor...
Amber W.
Millcreek
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Review for: Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump, 1 ea more...
This isn't the best pump. My insurance covered this one, which was great... however the parts needed replaced often, the motor was really loud, and as someone with IGT, I really struggled to get let down with this pump. I'll definitely be investing in a medela next baby.
Bree M.
New york
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I Absolutely Love It. Super Happy ,I’m super Satisfied with my purchase! It was Super Affordable! I will definitely Buy it again and Recommend to Others Thank You Guys Exceeded My Expectation.
whitney p.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Review for: Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump, 1 ea more...
I received this pump for free through my insurance and I am not a fan of it. It sometimes Cuts in and out like there's a short on it and sometimes doesn't suction hard enough to actually milk. I wish I would have got a different one
Kaitlyn H.
Byron, WI
If only 0 stars was a option.
I used a medela in the hospital and my insurance Gave me this piece of crap for free.
Where do you start,
It's loud, if you go over half way on suction it sounds like it's motor is giving out, they only have 5oz bottles to pump into, that doesn't sound like a issue but for me I was pumping 4oz on one side and 6-9 on the other. It's hard to dump a bottle into a bag when your in the middle of a let down.
I hated my breast pump, next baby ill spend hundreds on a decent pump if my insurance doesn't give a better one.
I should also add, trying to use it one handed is impossible.
Amanda W.
Edinboro, PA
I've used three breast electric breast pumps: The Medela Symphony (rented from the hospital's lactation specialists), the Medela Pump In Style (home-grade double electric) and the Ameda Purely Yours. My first experience was with the Medela Symphony from the hospital and it worked great for me. When I was going back to work and wanted to purchase my own pump (the Symphony is large to haul), I consulted with my local La Leche League and they recommended either the Ameda Purely Yours or the Medela Pump In style. I wanted to use the Ameda because it's a closed-unit system, so I ordered it from Amazon.com. When it came, the seal was broken so I knew right away I was going to send it back for an exchange due to sanitation reasons -- however, I figured I would take the opportunity to test it and do a "pump and dump" to make sure I wanted to exchange it for the same model. I'm SO glad that I did. I tried and tried, but I could NOT let down for this pump whatsoever. I got maybe a half ounce total. Also, the incessant beeping it made drove me bananas. I returned it and got the Medela which has worked MUCH better for me and I've been quite happy with it. A friend of mine uses an OLDER Ameda Purely Yours and she loves hers -- she told me that she heard that sometime in the last few years they changed where they were being manufactured and that the quality has gone down. I don't know if that is true or not, but it seems the new ones don't work as well. (At least not in my experience.)
Kristyne B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This pump gets the job done. Unfortunately after 3 months the motor went out and had to get it replaced but Ameda's support team was great in getting me a new one! I have not experienced any other pump so I have nothing to compare it to but this pump is loud. When using batteries it's less powerful (haven't bought a car adapter yet).
Amber H.
So I I'm currently breastfeeding my 3rd child and have breastfed my children. This is my first electric pump and i love it. It's fast because Its a double breast pump a little noisy and it really does the job
Lauren S.
Knightdale, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Had this the first go round but i wont work right this time. I got maybe 6 months out of it. This time i went with a diffrent brand. The pump and bag and parts are a bit bulky.
Gemma S.
Redondo beach, CA
I didn't plan on pumping until my baby was a month old but unforseen circumstances meant I had to pump at 5 days post delivery, the pump worked well for the first use and slowly lost suction, I had it on full blast and it still was slow and didn't pump strongly. I am glad that my insurance covered it because I would have been mad at paying out of pocket for it as it would stop working after 15 mins on the second day. I'm mad because I was stuck in hospital away from my baby and this did nothing to help keep up my supply and by the time I got home I couldn't feed him myself anymore and had to stay with the formula hubby had been giving him.
Melissa R.
Salem, OR
If I could give this 0 stars I would. this pump is awful. I received mine from my insurance company and it broke after 3 uses. I replaced parts and did everything they suggest. short of getting a replacement from the manufacturer there wasn't anything that would fix the problem. I ended up getting a Medela pump so that I wouldn't be without for work and used they solely for my pumping needs until I stopped nursing when my son was 14 months old.
Ciara B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Anyone know what kind of hands free pumping bra this is compatible with? Pumpease? Lansinoh? Rumina? Etc? Any?