Ameda Purely Yours Electric Double Breast Pump uploaded by Katie R.

BY AMEDA BREASTFEEDING PRODUCTS #46 in Breast Pumps & Accessories

Pump Kit without BPA Mom Inspired, Hospital Trusted Double Electric Breast Pump:  Effective for Mothers Working Full-Time Custom Control™ .  Separate suction and cycle dials to help find the settings that work best for you.  Easy Care .  No need to clean kit tubing Convenient.  Lightweight and portable Provides 30-6- cycles per minute Versatile Carry All Shoulder Bag; Easy to clean microfiber Where breast pumps were born and raised:  More than 60 years ago in Sweden, engineer Einar Egnell made it his life s work to help breastfeeding mothers.  After years of research, Egnell created the first comfortable and effective breast pump.  In the process, Egnell also created suction and cycling standards that today s lactation consultants use to judge most breast pumps. Today s Ameda breast pumps use Engell s innovative technology wit see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Jessica P.
Canton, IL
I think this pump is just okay. I used it with my first son and it did the job. But since then (2 kids later), I've been able to try out a few different pumps. This pump is noisy and while it has adjustable cycle and suction, it doesn't do a very good job mimicking baby. Also, it's not easy finding replacement parts in stores (I have found at Babies R Us). Flange sizes are limited as well.
Nikki C.
This breast pump was awful, I got it for free through insurance and wish I hadn't even wasted them mailing it out. Took me a week to get it and then the suction power was absolutely terrible. I ended up jumping to formula because the hassle with this pump mixed with supply issues. You have to toy around with it and it takes entirely too long to even pump an ounce.
Rosalinda V.
Mega Parent Expert
This was my first pump, I'm not going to complain about price because I received it free for my baby shower, I used it for 2 months when the suction started to fail me, it was a great starting pump although I wish it would have lasted longer but it's not great if you plan on pumping for a long one like I was planning
Daijza C.
I received this pump through my insurance and I loved it at first, even tho I had to order bigger breast flanges but it was lovely until the third month when the motor went out and I started to produce less milk because of it.
Janet R.
I hated it. The suction was barely there I would spend 30 mins pumping and barely got an ounce per side. I heard good things from other mothers but it didn't work for me.
Kaitlyn H.
Byron, WI
If only 0 stars was a option.
I used a medela in the hospital and my insurance Gave me this piece of crap for free.
Where do you start,
It's loud, if you go over half way on suction it sounds like it's motor is giving out, they only have 5oz bottles to pump into, that doesn't sound like a issue but for me I was pumping 4oz on one side and 6-9 on the other. It's hard to dump a bottle into a bag when your in the middle of a let down.
I hated my breast pump, next baby ill spend hundreds on a decent pump if my insurance doesn't give a better one.
I should also add, trying to use it one handed is impossible.
Amber H.
So I I'm currently breastfeeding my 3rd child and have breastfed my children. This is my first electric pump and i love it. It's fast because Its a double breast pump a little noisy and it really does the job
Amanda W.
Edinboro, PA
I've used three breast electric breast pumps: The Medela Symphony (rented from the hospital's lactation specialists), the Medela Pump In Style (home-grade double electric) and the Ameda Purely Yours. My first experience was with the Medela Symphony from the hospital and it worked great for me. When I was going back to work and wanted to purchase my own pump (the Symphony is large to haul), I consulted with my local La Leche League and they recommended either the Ameda Purely Yours or the Medela Pump In style. I wanted to use the Ameda because it's a closed-unit system, so I ordered it from Amazon.com. When it came, the seal was broken so I knew right away I was going to send it back for an exchange due to sanitation reasons -- however, I figured I would take the opportunity to test it and do a "pump and dump" to make sure I wanted to exchange it for the same model. I'm SO glad that I did. I tried and tried, but I could NOT let down for this pump whatsoever. I got maybe a half ounce total. Also, the incessant beeping it made drove me bananas. I returned it and got the Medela which has worked MUCH better for me and I've been quite happy with it. A friend of mine uses an OLDER Ameda Purely Yours and she loves hers -- she told me that she heard that sometime in the last few years they changed where they were being manufactured and that the quality has gone down. I don't know if that is true or not, but it seems the new ones don't work as well. (At least not in my experience.)
Kristyne B.
Mega Parent Expert
This pump gets the job done. Unfortunately after 3 months the motor went out and had to get it replaced but Ameda's support team was great in getting me a new one! I have not experienced any other pump so I have nothing to compare it to but this pump is loud. When using batteries it's less powerful (haven't bought a car adapter yet).
Lauren S.
Knightdale, NC
Mega Parent Expert
Had this the first go round but i wont work right this time. I got maybe 6 months out of it. This time i went with a diffrent brand. The pump and bag and parts are a bit bulky.
Ciara B.
Mega Parent Expert
Anyone know what kind of hands free pumping bra this is compatible with? Pumpease? Lansinoh? Rumina? Etc? Any?