Rachael M.
Rachael M.
Virginia Bch, VA

Is it worth upgrading to prime? what does it do? does it require money?
Yasmin s.
Yasmin s.
Oct. 19, 2016, 12:06 p.m.
it is worth it
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
July 30, 2014, 8:36 a.m.
Depends on how much you buy! Check your transactions for the last year and decide for yourself. I personally love the convenience, well worth it.
Yvette B.
Yvette B.
July 29, 2014, 2:51 p.m.
I love it. I buy odds and ends all the time. Plus I can get really unique gifts for loved ones all with the hassle of shipping cost or waiting forever. I use the streaming and watch shows all the time. The music is really up to date. Worth the investment to me
Marisa M.
Marisa M.
July 24, 2014, 12:52 p.m.
It is good if you order a lot of items like for school , you can get your items faster and free shipping .
Shelby R.
Shelby R.
July 23, 2014, 12:11 p.m.
Do you shop a lot on amazon? The shipping costs can get high and it's so cheaper for two day shipping
ba n.
ba n.
July 23, 2014, 12:11 p.m.
Yes it requires you to pay
Mary a.
Mary a.
July 22, 2014, 3:36 p.m.
I think so!
Melinda H.
Melinda H.
July 16, 2014, 3:03 p.m.
I think Prime is totally worth the money. I love the free two day shipping on most items and being able to borrow Kindle books. There are many television show available on Prime and I was able to catch up on Downton Abbey before the last season began.
Aleshia D.
Aleshia D.
July 15, 2014, 1:42 p.m.
Worth every penny! I wish I calculated how much I've saved in free shipping, but I know it's way more than the membership fee. Don't forget the free monthly books, great apps for my kindle fire, and the instant videos have pretty much replaced my netflix account.
Megan R.
Megan R.
July 11, 2014, 10:43 p.m.
Totally worth it! The benefits are awesome! Start off with free 2 day shipping, then there is amazon instant video (just like netflix) and now there is amazon music (like rhapsody).
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
July 3, 2014, 12:11 a.m.
Totally worth it. Free 2 day shipping, access to free movies and shows, AND they just included amazon prime MUSIC so you can add thousands of very current songs to your playlist!
Josie O.
Josie O.
July 2, 2014, 3:25 p.m.
I would go to your account and look at how much you have purchased in teh past year and how much you paid out in shipping. I use Amazon a lot and it saves me a ton on shipping plus it comes incredibly fast. Hope this helps!
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
June 30, 2014, 10:23 p.m.
I really like it, especially if you are a student, look at getting a discount with your student email. I love the 2 day shipping by far has saved me the most amount of money
Kahli K.
Kahli K.
June 29, 2014, 7:03 p.m.
When you compare what you've paid for shipping in the last year on your online purchases and compare it to the $79 annually you'd pay for free two-day shipping (which would normally run you about $14.95 per order) it's definitely worth it.
Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.
June 27, 2014, 12:05 p.m.
Yes it cost money but is so worth it for the two day shipping and if you are a college student you can get it free for a year
Brianna L.
Brianna L.
June 23, 2014, 2:27 p.m.
Definitely worth it! It does cost money (price just went up to $99/year), but between the free 2-day shipping and selection of movies/TV shows, the price is definitely worth it. They do have special offers/discounts, for example if you are a student, you get 6 months of Prime for free to try. After your 6 month trial, you get the membership for half price. All you have to do is use your student email address from your school. Totally worth it!
Michelle N.
Michelle N.
June 22, 2014, 1:50 a.m.
Its worth the money. We've been doing it for a few years. Of course we buy a lot of stuff on Amazon so just in shipping we save money. Plus there are always all kinds of movies and TV series you can watch for free with the prime account. It's amazing. I love it.
Anne Y.
Anne Y.
June 17, 2014, 3:18 p.m.
Absolutely!! Worth the extra when your item is shipped and delivered in a matter of 2 days.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
June 16, 2014, 7:54 p.m.
Absolute! Free shipping and quick shipping is totally worth it!
Courtney D.
Courtney D.
June 14, 2014, 1:40 a.m.
Yes, it is definitely worth it. It is $80/year and is worth it simply for convenience of receiving items in 2 days. Shipping changes alone add up easily to $80 if you use amazon even once per month.
Osy O.
Osy O.
June 11, 2014, 2:27 p.m.
If you shop a lot on amazon, definitely. Saves you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Ronalisa T.
Ronalisa T.
June 10, 2014, 10:55 a.m.
Yes its worth it. If you always pay shipping on each purchase you are spending way more per purchase than a membership yearly. Its a low price to pay if you are an avid shopper on the site. You get faster shipping and lower rates as opposed to paying standard shipping prices each and every time you order.
Monica B.
Monica B.
June 6, 2014, 10:51 p.m.
It's definitely worth it. Yes it costs money but if you are a student and you register with your school email you get the first 6 months free and if you choose to keep it it's half the cost for the year.
Daisy P.
Daisy P.
June 4, 2014, 12:48 a.m.
Wouldn't really recommend upgrading unless you shop a lot on amazon like more than once a month, other wise yes i would recommend it. You would get your packages a lot faster and with free shipping
Megan C.
Megan C.
May 29, 2014, 11:57 p.m.
It is totally worth upgrading to Prime. If you have a kindle, they allow you to borrow one book for free a month, they have free two day shipping on most items, many of their shows and movies are available to watch for free, and it now costs $90. It's really handy for me because I try to make a lot of items in my home by hand, in which I need specific natural products that I can't find in my small town. So when I go to Amazon and can find the product cheaper than the outrageously expensive local stores AND I get free two day shipping, it's worth the extra money. It is also really awesome to have for Christmas time or other gift purchasing times because if you forget to buy something for someone, you can get it last minute and still have it in time. You can also share the free two day shipping with 5 people, I believe, which is a nice benefit. There are just so many perks to it.
Lauren B.
Lauren B.
May 29, 2014, 3:14 p.m.
Upgrading to Prime does require a 1x yearly fee. When I signed up, it was around $75, but it will be raised to somewhere in the $90-range soon, I've heard. All in all, it IS worth it because you get super fast shipping on Prime-eligible items (which is almost everything!) and you can have access to free movies and TV shows to stream through Amazon. I won't shop on Amazon without it

Join Now