Noelle G.
Noelle G.

Is it really worth the $79 a year?
Michelle N.
Michelle N.
June 22, 2014, 1:51 a.m.
Its worth it if you buy a lot of things online. We get our moneys worth out of it between shipping and watching movies.
Monica B.
Monica B.
June 6, 2014, 10:52 p.m.
It's worth it for the two day shipping and instant watch movies.
Michael S.
Michael S.
May 12, 2014, 6:52 p.m.
Apparently it has just gone up to $99 a year but I still think it is worth it if you order a lot through them. Last year I did almost all of my Christmas shopping on Amazon because of this reason.
Ronnie M.
Ronnie M.
May 5, 2014, 6:58 p.m.
Movies, Shopping, and most, the two day shipping.
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
May 1, 2014, 6:35 p.m.
Yes. I pay monthly and barely notice it. I use it for everything, especially holidays. I also love the Amazon mom program. I get major discounts on diapers.
Samantha I.
Samantha I.
April 22, 2014, 6:02 p.m.
It really depends on how frequently you use it.
Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.
April 6, 2014, 6:06 p.m.
I didn't mind it, but starting Jan 2015 it will be $99, not sure now, but I do watch a lot of the Instant Videos and order quite often. I will probably continue to pay it.
Laurie M.
Laurie M.
April 2, 2014, 10:59 p.m.
Absolutely!! You also have the option to join different groups within Amazon, like Amazon Mom, and you can get extra discounts with their "subscribe and save" program. I have a monthly subscription for the large box of diapers and I receive 20% off! Not having to constantly worry about my diaper inventory is nice, but the 20% discount (no add'l shipping either!) is awesome!
Michelle B.
Michelle B.
March 20, 2014, 10:36 p.m.
Yes, for the 2 day shipping!!!!
Mark K.
Mark K.
Jan. 22, 2014, 12:38 p.m.
Completely! It technically comes out cheaper than netflix if you like streaming. The free shipping and expedited shipping has paid for itself a long time ago and the fact on Prime items you get discounted prices. I've found myself making more and more purchases on Amazon now because of Prime. I'll be in the store looking items up on prime for the better price.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Jan. 20, 2014, 6:55 p.m.
It depends. If you order from Amazon often, it's worth it for the 2-day shipping. If you'll use the streaming service provided with it or if you own a Kindle and will use the lending library feature then I'd say definitely. Amazon offers a free 30 day trial of Prime, but if you do that just be careful to keep track of when the trial ends.
Eric K.
Yes! without a doubt!
Heather S.
Heather S.
Jan. 8, 2014, 4:16 p.m.
If you like to order from Amazon and have items be delivered in 2 days. It is well worth it. Also, can use the streaming for movies and TV shows. Not always to most current or new releases. But, can usually find something. We have watched several movies we had never heard of and they were great!
Paula M.
Paula M.
Dec. 16, 2013, 11:56 a.m.
It all depends on how much you buy and/or watch videos. I found the free 2nd day shipping along pays for itself, especially for last minute gifts.
Julie P.
Julie P.
Dec. 16, 2013, 12:22 a.m.
I think so, but this is coming from a college student. It's nice to have because I don't have a TV and I'm not the one paying for Prime. I get free shipping on a lot of products which is especially helpful since I need books for class.
Elise B.
Elise B.
Dec. 13, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
Yes, it is. Especially if you use it - free shipping, free streaming movies and tv, subscribe and save...It is worth every single penny!
Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Dec. 12, 2013, 7:42 p.m.
That's only $6.50 a month, and it gives you free shipping 2-day shipping on a lot of items. If you order regularly from amazon it's definitely worth it.
Wendy A.
Wendy A.
Dec. 12, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
I'm an Amazon Mom also and the 20% savings on diapers and wipes was the clincher for me. Diapers at your door when you need them. It saved me those trips to store with a tantrum toddler. Even if your not a Mom they have many household items eligible for Subscribe & Save which also gives you the 20% discount.
Elice M.
Elice M.
Dec. 10, 2013, 3:26 a.m.
It was for me since I'm a mom of twin boys....the amazon prime came in super handy when ordering diapers via the amazon mom subscribe and save service....i saved 20% on buying diapers and when buying for twins.....i still came out ahead even after considering the 79 a year charge....i love the 2day shipping....especially right now around Xmas time! ! !
Kaylan C.
Kaylan C.
Dec. 9, 2013, 2:08 a.m.
Yes but only if you order a lot of stuff on amazon not only do you get free shipping but you get FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING! on most items!
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Dec. 4, 2013, 12:45 p.m.
Personally I don't think so... I just search for items that have "ships free with $35 or more" or "ships free with $25 or more" when I am looking for items or purchase. To me it's way cheaper and you get more for you money plus free shipping :)
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Dec. 3, 2013, 8:33 a.m.
If you order a lot from amazon then the free shipping is totally worth it. In just a few months the free shipping paid for itself for me. If you are just doing streaming, know that not everything is "free" and there are additional fees for some rentals.
Liz W.
Liz W.
Nov. 27, 2013, 2:34 p.m.
I think so, but I order from them a lot I saved over $1000 last year with Prime (and the free 2 day shipping on most items rocks). If you order a lot then it would definitely be worth it.
Heather G.
Heather G.
Nov. 5, 2013, 10:22 p.m.
If you watch a lot of movies and order a lot from amazon. I like having the 2 day shipping, that alone has paid for itself. I wish the movie selection was a little but better though.
Jeani B.
Jeani B.
Nov. 3, 2013, 4:23 a.m.
I used to think it was - but it seems that you can only have out one book at a time now. That is bothersome to me. However, if books aren't your thing, there is no limit to the movies and TV you can stream instantly on a number of platforms, and the shipping perk is awesome! Great for the holidays.

Join Now