BY AMAZON #17 in Apps

The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store plus hundreds* of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device. Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch: • Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less. • Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search. • Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format. • Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages. • Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only) • Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps. • Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references. • Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit. • Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages. • You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle e-reader, Kindle Fire, PC, Mac, Android-based device, Windows Phone 8-based device, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off. • Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues. • Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes. • With Kindle textbooks you save up to 60% off print list prices when you buy, and up to 80% when you rent. Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study. • Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings. * Selection and price of books and periodicals in the Kindle Store may vary by country.

• Do you half to pay for this app?5 Answers
  • Are there a large variety of non-fiction books to choose from?7 Answers
  • I know kindle has a paid program where you get a 30 day free trial ...9 Answers
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
I love the Kindle app! It has some really cool features like being able to change the font and text size. I can also highlight anything while I'm reading to save it (the highlighter comes in different colors too) and I can use a dictionary or translator in the app if I'm ever unfamiliar with a word or phrase, which is super neat. It syncs with both my phone and Fire tablet so I can just pick up wherever I left off reading if I switch devices. It's also super easy to download books with my Amazon account - I just download something with the Amazon website or app and it shows up on the Kindle app instantly and it usually takes less than a minute to download. I used to hate the idea of digital books and magazines but this app truly converted me and made me love it.
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
I love my kindle app I have on my iPad. It holds so many books. It makes it easier for authors to gift me books too for reviews. I feel like I have a whole library that I can take with me anywhere. It's so easy to send books from Amazon to your device. If I stop reading it opens the book up right where I left off. The print is easy to read. There's many functions that make reading very easy. I do miss holding a real book and flipping pages though. Now in this age I hold my iPad and swipe but it's still reading so I'm adjusting. Check out the kindle app it's great. Very handy.
Alicia M.
Alicia M.
Sutter, CA
I absolutely love this app! It is a must have for bookworms of any age! You always have something to read as long as you have the app on your devices. I've passed time reading on this app so often when I left my book or iPad at home because I thought I'd have no time to read, then all of a sudden you're just stuck waiting for whatever it is in your life that day, and bam! Bye bye boredom, hello to whatever world I've chosen to immerse myself in! Love love love!
Kat H.
Kat H.
Copperhill, TN
I have three little ones, sitting down with a physical book isn't an option. I can read with one hand and wrangle my minions with the other. it's been amazing and completely easy to use. I buy the books I want on Amazon and read then as soon as I can. I devour books and this feeds my cravings without having to worry about having additional devices. although a kindle maybe on my Christmas wish list soon ;)
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I love my Kindle app! My old Kindle device stopped working awhile ago, so I've been using the app to finish reading all of my books. It works really smoothly and I love that it organizes my books on both the app and my Kindle Cloud. Plus, Amazon always has a bunch of Kindle books for cheap/free, so it's nice that the Kindle app keeps everything organized and functioning easily.
Nikki E.
Nikki E.
Langhorne, PA
The app itself works very well and is easy to navigate. I really love the bookmark and highlighting feature. However, I always get a little annoyed with the fact that you can't purchase books directly from the app. You're able to search for titles and see if they're available but you have to go on the Amazon desktop site to actually purchase and download.
Kareemah J.
Kareemah J.
Stone Mountain, GA
For the ones who enjoy reading. You might be bored or there is nothing on television, we'll go to your app or play store and download the Amazon Kindle app. Not all books are fee I give you that😑, but guess what they give you a free trial to download as many books as you want for a certain amount of days. I would be considering the app if I were you.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
This is an awesome app. I downloaded it to my iPhone and iPad. As a working graduate student, having to study on the go is a must. Having this app enables me to read my textbooks and highlight important info during any breaks I get - lunch time, waiting in line to pay, waiting for a meeting to start, etc. This app is definitely a life saver. #Kindle
Yaritza M.
Yaritza M.
Phoenix, AZ
A great app! The kindle app is great for reading because it has so much to offer. I really do enjoy the fact that you can adjust the font size to your needs and I believe that comes really handy to some. It's an easy app to navigate through and it has tons of great books! If you love to read just as much as I do. This is the app for you.
April P.
April P.
Tunkhannock, PA
I feel like this app knows me better then I know myself! It's free to download and use! When I buy a new product it automatically has my info down loaded or clouded so I can retrieve it! I'm not sure how they can improve this app to me it's perfect!! So if there is something they improve on it alls I can say is bonus points for us!!❤️
Mariesa F.
Mariesa F.
Chico, CA
Can you play games through the kindle app?
Marysa L.
Marysa L.
American Fork, UT
Techie Expert
I know kindle has a paid program where you get a 30 day free trial for a lots of e books and i was wondering if you could do the 30 day trial and cancel without being charged?
Franny C.
Franny C.
Philadelphia, PA
Are there a large variety of non-fiction books to choose from?
Reba E.
Reba E.
San Diego, CA
Why aren't all the books free?
Phebean C.
Phebean C.
Columbus, OH
Techie Expert
Do you half to pay for this app?