BY AMAZON

The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store plus hundreds* of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device. Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch: • Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less. • Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search. • Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format. • Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages. • Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only) • Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps. • Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references. • Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit. • Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages. • You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle e-reader, Kindle Fire, PC, Mac, Android-based device, Windows Phone 8-based device, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off. • Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues. • Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes. • With Kindle textbooks you save up to 60% off print list prices when you buy, and up to 80% when you rent. Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study. • Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings. * Selection and price of books and periodicals in the Kindle Store may vary by country.

• Is this better than other ebook readers?1 Answers
  • Do you half to pay for this app?9 Answers
  • I would love to review more books. Is that a thing? Amazo...3 Answers
Amanda H.
Greenville, MO
It's one of my absolute favorite apps of all time!! I'm a HUGE reader, and this app compiles all the Kindle books in one place, with an easy to use and understand format! I've got over a gigabyte of books on my Kindle app, on this cell. You don't have to own a Kindle device to use this app. With Android, just go to Google Play Store. The app is free, and a ton of the books are free too. I've have over a hundred that are free on my phone alone, and that just the very tip of the free books available. Some of the books aren't great, but many are too! They've got a lot of self published books, but they also have all your favorite authors there too like, Mr. Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, etc. A lot of the books that cost aren't too bad, I've purchased ones for less than a dollar, all the way up to regular prices like $7-$10 a book, and you can easily transfer your books to new devices. So, you don't lose your purchases, or library of books. They have deals quite a bit too, and Kindle Unlimited is so worth the $10 a month to purchase in my opinion, if you read very much that is. It is $10 a month, and many books that cost money, are free to read that month under Kindle Unlimited, but not every book on the app is considered a Kindle Unlimited book. You can also purchase your books from the regular Amazon app, or Amazon website too, and send them directly to your Kindle app on your device. I love it so much, and can't imagine not having mine! Amazon Kindle App – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
Rose L.
Techie Expert Level 1
This is my absolute favorite reading app. It has the best selection and Amazon is always adding to the available books. I like that this works across all of my devices...phone, tablets, pc, laptop...I can read on one device (usually until I run out of power!) so I can grab another device and pick up right where I left off. It keeps track wonderfully! Just like a bookmark for the traditional novel.
Maria H.
LOVE this app! I'm an avid reader so I really enjoy it so much! I like that once a month you get a free book with new authors. I carry my kindle everywhere, so if my husband and I are traveling I'm able to pass the time reading on my Kindle app.
Kat D.
Chickamauga, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
I have more books stored in my kindle than I do in my home library. I love to be able to just grab my phone pull up the kindle app and read whatever book I feel like reading. I just love this app oh so much!
stephanie g.
La Mesa, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
This app was a lifesaver for me last semester! It was very easy to use, and I didn’t have to be connected to the internet to read my textbooks. It’s such a great way to have all your books in one place.
Larí E.
New Paltz , NY
Techie Expert Level 1
Great for college use. Search bar feature makes it super easy to find information. My only complaint is that some books use page locations rather than page numbers which makes citing difficult.
Michelle L.
Love my Kindle app. I can link it to my library card and read anywhere. I have it on my computer, iPad, and phone so no matter where I am, I can pick up where I left off reading.
Kara D.
Thornville, OH
Techie Expert Level 1
I am an iPad user, much preferred versus the Kindle, but I would occasionally have a friend send a book that was a Kindle version, etc. Therefore, I ended up downloading the Kindle reading app to my iPad which was awesome because you get the best of both worlds!

I enjoy the design and appearance of this app. I find it very user friendly. Although I haven't used the app as of late, I used it frequently when I was in college.

10/10 recommend!
Mary O.
Oak Harbor, WA
Techie Expert Level 1
I love kindle app, the best way to get all your books organize in one place and can easily access it where ever you go, it has no limitation of book you can buy and download and you get to access you download books even years to come.Amazing way to buy and a store digital books and if you are a prime member you get to read books for free.Highly recommend.
Heather A.
E Fairfield, VT
I love this app I am a HUGE reader, I go through 6 or 7 books a day and I love how ai can have this app on my phone and that its conencted to my amazon cloud so if Im at home and i start a book on my kindle but then i need to do errands i can click on the book i was reading on my kindle and read it on this app and itll take me to the spot i left off at.
Mariesa F.
Chico, CA
Techie Expert Level 2
Can you play games through the kindle app?
Phebean C.
Columbus , OH
1,320 reviews
Techie Expert Level 1
Do you half to pay for this app?
Marysa L.
American Fork, UT
Techie Expert Level 2
Franny C.
Phila, PA
Are there a large variety of non-fiction books to choose from?
Katie T.