Amazon Instant Video uploaded by Danielle P.

BY AMAZON

Users can rent or purchase their favorite TV shows and movies, with rental prices starting at $0.99.

• Are Bravo network shows available?1 Answers
  • It is to buy movies?3 Answers
  • Why do you have to be connected to wifi to view movies and shows?5 Answers
Amazon Instant Video
  • "I find that most of the TV shows/videos that are on Netflix are on here for a charge so I tend to stick to my Netflix account where no matter what I find to watch its "free" not 2.99 here and 5.99 there. " in 25 reviews
  • "While its an awesome perk to have with my Prime membership user beware-- some shows aren't available as quickly as with Hulu or Netflix and you can't separate out the ones that are free vs pay to play." in 9 reviews
  • "If they make it more user friendly it may be better competition as I kept it for times where they'd have a title and Netflix didn't. " in 5 reviews
  • "First You Have To Pay The Fee After The Trial Period And One Would Think There Is A Bunch Of Free Movies,Shows&Content But No They All Also Cost For Each On Top Of The Fee.No Thanks " in 5 reviews
  • "I absolutely love Amazon Prime and actually, personally prefer to netflix as they have more shows and movies available in general." in 5 reviews
Vida M.
Vida M.
I love Amazon Instant Video/Prime Video. The Prime Video option comes free with my amazon prime account, and it even allows me to download movies and series for offline use! It has many of the shows and movies that Netflix has, and it is free! I love it! I use this way more often than Netflix. I also love that I can easily buy whatever shows or videos they don't offer for free. A great all-in-one platform! It even has fitness videos and ambient videos for sleep and meditation. My personal fav shows on Prime are: Transparent, the Tommy Edison Experience, Catastrophe, and the Twilight Zone (although you can also get that one on Netflix). I highly recommend Amazon Instant (Prime) Video!
Noell F.
Noell F.
Valley Vlg, CA
I love everything Amazon. I honestly should get hired to promote their products because I do it for free all the time. I love having this app on my phone. I have an Apple TV so it allows me to AirPlay my favorite movies and shows onto a bigger screen. Amazon usually has movies of cheaper than iTunes does so I prefer to use Amazon. I love that I buy all my movies on Amazon now because I can watch them anywhere I have Internet access! So great!!
Stefanie P.
Stefanie P.
Pop Culture Expert
Amazon Instant offers more shows and movies than Netflix. With Amazon Prime, most of these are at a discount or free. I tend to watch using my smart TV or through a gaming system like the Wii or PlayStation. What I don't like is that most TV series offered are free for the fist season (to get you hooked I imagine) and then each episode of each remaining episode is 1.99.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Parma Heights, OH
Pop Culture Expert
I cut my cable a few months ago and Amazon Prime is a life saver. I used to watch it every once in a while with my Prime membership. But it's a great compliment to Netflix. There is some over lap but enough original and Amazon only content that its worth having both. I also love the amount of kids programming which I thing has a better selection than Netflix.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Pop Culture Expert
The selection on Amazon Instant Video is awful! It almost makes Prime seem less enticing - the selection is just a bunch of D-list movies that I've never heard of or don't want to watch, and every time I set out to watch something on Amazon Instant Video, I end up turning to Hulu or Netflix because I can't find anything I like.
Andrea E.
Andrea E.
Newburgh, IN
Pop Culture Expert
I'm somewhat ambivalent in my rating due to buffering issues. Amazon has a very extensive digital collection and although most aren't free you can earn digital credits making them expense free for your pocketbook. However with online viewing I do experience buffering and lockups which are beyond irritating.
Mimi D.
Mimi D.
Boca Raton, FL
Pop Culture Expert
My husband has a amazon prime account and I get the perks of it by watching movies/tv shows for free. I like that if the show or the movie is not on netflix then I can most likely find it on Amazon. I give this a thumbs up. I do think they could do a better job at releasing movies faster though.
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
Rockledge, FL
I love instant video by Amazon. There's usually a pretty great variety of shows listed as well as videos. My favorite thing on there lately is the Ambient channel where there's several things to select from to help you sleep. I found one and listen to it every night and it puts me out quickly.
Liz C.
Liz C.
Pop Culture Expert
I love the convenience of Amazon Instant Video. We get it with our prime subscription and there are some great options. The app on the consoles are not the easiest to use to see the available options. I love that they upload some newer movies and TV series as well as some originals.
Ryan K.
Ryan K.
Lebanon, Tn
My family uses prime video daily. My kids and I love all the free Prime movies and we love the discounts to buy and stream movies instantly. I love how I can view videos from any device. I only wish there was a 4 digit code the secure purchases so kids couldn't accidentally buy.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
Which is better Netflix or Amazon Instant Video?
Courtney T.
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
I am debating cancelling my Netflix subscription, right now I pay for both. Any recommendations?
Sam S.
Sam S.
In your opinion, what are the must-watch shows available on Amazon prime?
Brittny P.
Brittny P.
Haven't used this site yet. After seeing it listed on this website , I will make sure to check it out. Any feedback on the speed of the program ?
Breanne Z.
Breanne Z.
Lansing , MI
Pop Culture Expert
How does this service compare to Netflix?