Add a Photo

#90 in TV

Users can rent or purchase their favorite TV shows and movies, with rental prices starting at $0.99.

Photo (1)
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

Amazon Instant Video has a pretty nice selection of movies and TV shows for free if you have a Prime membership. I don't have cable, but with Netflix and Amazon, I have plenty of things to watch. I use Amazon mostly to find Nickelodeon shows for my kids, since Netflix doesn't have any (Dora, Paw Patrol, SpongeBob, etc). The only downside is that Amazon doesn't always offer every season for free. For example you can get seasons 1-3 of Dora for free, but you have to pay for all the other seasons if you want to watch them, even if you've got Prime. Sometimes it's worth it though to buy full seasons through Amazon, at least for kids' shows; it can be cheaper that way instead of buying a DVD at the store. Overall it's a good perk of a Prime membership, and I use it almost daily.
Vida M.
Vida M.

I love Amazon Instant Video/Prime Video. The Prime Video option comes free with my amazon prime account, and it even allows me to download movies and series for offline use! It has many of the shows and movies that Netflix has, and it is free! I love it! I use this way more often than Netflix. I also love that I can easily buy whatever shows or videos they don't offer for free. A great all-in-one platform! It even has fitness videos and ambient videos for sleep and meditation. My personal fav shows on Prime are: Transparent, the Tommy Edison Experience, Catastrophe, and the Twilight Zone (although you can also get that one on Netflix). I highly recommend Amazon Instant (Prime) Video!
Noell F.
Noell F.
Valley Vlg, CA

I love everything Amazon. I honestly should get hired to promote their products because I do it for free all the time. I love having this app on my phone. I have an Apple TV so it allows me to AirPlay my favorite movies and shows onto a bigger screen. Amazon usually has movies of cheaper than iTunes does so I prefer to use Amazon. I love that I buy all my movies on Amazon now because I can watch them anywhere I have Internet access! So great!!
Stefanie P.
Stefanie P.

Amazon Instant offers more shows and movies than Netflix. With Amazon Prime, most of these are at a discount or free. I tend to watch using my smart TV or through a gaming system like the Wii or PlayStation. What I don't like is that most TV series offered are free for the fist season (to get you hooked I imagine) and then each episode of each remaining episode is 1.99.
Kelsey R.
Kelsey R.
Macomb, MI

I was able to use Amazon Instant Video because of my Amazon Prime membership, and it's really great! So many TV shows and movies are free with my Prime membership. I like being able to download movies and then watch them during long car rides. The only thing that isn't great about this is only certain TV shows and movies are free to download, not all of them.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Parma Heights, OH

I cut my cable a few months ago and Amazon Prime is a life saver. I used to watch it every once in a while with my Prime membership. But it's a great compliment to Netflix. There is some over lap but enough original and Amazon only content that its worth having both. I also love the amount of kids programming which I thing has a better selection than Netflix.
Catherine R.
Catherine R.

I love Amazon Instant Video.  We get it with our Prime subscription.  It is great for movies and TV shows.  It has things that Netflix doesn't always have.  I love that I can watch BBC shows on it as well.  I watched all of Downton Abbey on Amazon.  We use it on our smart tv but before that we just used a Roku to play it.  It is totally worth the investment.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI

The selection on Amazon Instant Video is awful! It almost makes Prime seem less enticing - the selection is just a bunch of D-list movies that I've never heard of or don't want to watch, and every time I set out to watch something on Amazon Instant Video, I end up turning to Hulu or Netflix because I can't find anything I like.
Kitty H.
Kitty H.
Abingdon

Absolutely love this, only giving 4 stars for lack of movie selection. Great Prime originals, and great television selection, LOVE the service, no issues with the streams, but they really don't get many free Prime movies, you have to buy almost everything that's good. Throw us a bone now and then in the movie category, Amazon!
E.B. V.
E.B. V.

I love it and hate it. Love the part that has a lot of HBO shows and more movies. On the other hand Netflix is good with updating faster on shows. The downside of their streaming service is that it has slot of glitches and just loading takes a lifetime very snail like sometimes. I normally just stick to my netflix
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA

Which is better Netflix or Amazon Instant Video?
Courtney T.
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY

I am debating cancelling my Netflix subscription, right now I pay for both. Any recommendations?
Sam S.
Sam S.

In your opinion, what are the must-watch shows available on Amazon prime?
Brittny P.
Brittny P.

Haven't used this site yet. After seeing it listed on this website , I will make sure to check it out. Any feedback on the speed of the program ?
Breanne Z.
Breanne Z.
Lansing, MI

How does this service compare to Netflix?

Join Now