Add a Photo

By AMAZON
#105 in TV

Users can rent or purchase their favorite TV shows and movies, with rental prices starting at $0.99.

Photo (1)
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
April 28, 2016, 12:03 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
Amazon Instant Video has a pretty nice selection of movies and TV shows for free if you have a Prime membership. I don't have cable, but with Netflix and Amazon, I have plenty of things to watch. I use Amazon mostly to find Nickelodeon shows for my kids, since Netflix doesn't have any (Dora, Paw Patrol, SpongeBob, etc). The only downside is that Amazon doesn't always offer every season for free. For example you can get seasons 1-3 of Dora for free, but you have to pay for all the other seasons if you want to watch them, even if you've got Prime. Sometimes it's worth it though to buy full seasons through Amazon, at least for kids' shows; it can be cheaper that way instead of buying a DVD at the store. Overall it's a good perk of a Prime membership, and I use it almost daily.
Vida M.
Vida M.
June 14, 2016, 3:40 a.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
I love Amazon Instant Video/Prime Video. The Prime Video option comes free with my amazon prime account, and it even allows me to download movies and series for offline use! It has many of the shows and movies that Netflix has, and it is free! I love it! I use this way more often than Netflix. I also love that I can easily buy whatever shows or videos they don't offer for free. A great all-in-one platform! It even has fitness videos and ambient videos for sleep and meditation. My personal fav shows on Prime are: Transparent, the Tommy Edison Experience, Catastrophe, and the Twilight Zone (although you can also get that one on Netflix). I highly recommend Amazon Instant (Prime) Video!
Noell F.
Noell F.
Valley Vlg, CA
Sept. 3, 2016, 3:37 a.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
I love everything Amazon. I honestly should get hired to promote their products because I do it for free all the time. I love having this app on my phone. I have an Apple TV so it allows me to AirPlay my favorite movies and shows onto a bigger screen. Amazon usually has movies of cheaper than iTunes does so I prefer to use Amazon. I love that I buy all my movies on Amazon now because I can watch them anywhere I have Internet access! So great!!
Stefanie P.
Stefanie P.
June 12, 2016, 6:18 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
Amazon Instant offers more shows and movies than Netflix. With Amazon Prime, most of these are at a discount or free. I tend to watch using my smart TV or through a gaming system like the Wii or PlayStation. What I don't like is that most TV series offered are free for the fist season (to get you hooked I imagine) and then each episode of each remaining episode is 1.99.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Parma Heights, OH
Aug. 30, 2016, 9:09 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
I cut my cable a few months ago and Amazon Prime is a life saver. I used to watch it every once in a while with my Prime membership. But it's a great compliment to Netflix. There is some over lap but enough original and Amazon only content that its worth having both. I also love the amount of kids programming which I thing has a better selection than Netflix.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
Sept. 15, 2016, 3:22 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
The selection on Amazon Instant Video is awful! It almost makes Prime seem less enticing - the selection is just a bunch of D-list movies that I've never heard of or don't want to watch, and every time I set out to watch something on Amazon Instant Video, I end up turning to Hulu or Netflix because I can't find anything I like.
Kitty H.
Kitty H.
Abingdon, MD
Jan. 16, 2016, 9:42 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
Absolutely love this, only giving 4 stars for lack of movie selection. Great Prime originals, and great television selection, LOVE the service, no issues with the streams, but they really don't get many free Prime movies, you have to buy almost everything that's good. Throw us a bone now and then in the movie category, Amazon!
Andrea E.
Andrea E.
Newburgh, IN
June 26, 2016, 2:37 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
I'm somewhat ambivalent in my rating due to buffering issues. Amazon has a very extensive digital collection and although most aren't free you can earn digital credits making them expense free for your pocketbook. However with online viewing I do experience buffering and lockups which are beyond irritating.
Mimi D.
Mimi D.
Boca Raton, FL
June 17, 2016, 10:08 a.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
My husband has a amazon prime account and I get the perks of it by watching movies/tv shows for free. I like that if the show or the movie is not on netflix then I can most likely find it on Amazon. I give this a thumbs up. I do think they could do a better job at releasing movies faster though.
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
Rockledge, FL
Aug. 31, 2016, 4:27 p.m.
Review for: Amazon Instant Video
I love instant video by Amazon. There's usually a pretty great variety of shows listed as well as videos. My favorite thing on there lately is the Ambient channel where there's several things to select from to help you sleep. I found one and listen to it every night and it puts me out quickly.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
Which is better Netflix or Amazon Instant Video?
Courtney T.
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
I am debating cancelling my Netflix subscription, right now I pay for both. Any recommendations?
Sam S.
Sam S.
In your opinion, what are the must-watch shows available on Amazon prime?
Brittny P.
Brittny P.
Haven't used this site yet. After seeing it listed on this website , I will make sure to check it out. Any feedback on the speed of the program ?
Breanne Z.
Breanne Z.
Lansing, MI
How does this service compare to Netflix?