Amazon Instant Video uploaded by Danielle P.

BY AMAZON

Users can rent or purchase their favorite TV shows and movies, with rental prices starting at $0.99.

Amazon Instant Video
  • "I find that most of the TV shows/videos that are on Netflix are on here for a charge so I tend to stick to my Netflix account where no matter what I find to watch its "free" not 2.99 here and 5.99 there. " in 25 reviews
  • "While its an awesome perk to have with my Prime membership user beware-- some shows aren't available as quickly as with Hulu or Netflix and you can't separate out the ones that are free vs pay to play." in 9 reviews
  • "If they make it more user friendly it may be better competition as I kept it for times where they'd have a title and Netflix didn't. " in 5 reviews
  • "First You Have To Pay The Fee After The Trial Period And One Would Think There Is A Bunch Of Free Movies,Shows&Content But No They All Also Cost For Each On Top Of The Fee.No Thanks " in 5 reviews
  • "I absolutely love Amazon Prime and actually, personally prefer to netflix as they have more shows and movies available in general." in 5 reviews
Angel P.
I'll start with the positives. This service allows you to download for watching later, which I LOVE. The negatives are that the selection is extremely limited and rather dated, and when I've encountered a problem with downloading or billing their customer service is seriously lacking. If you don't have constant access to Wi-Fi you may really love this service since you can enjoy downloaded titles. If you like streaming new releases you probably would enjoy Netflix over this.
Krista L.
Wilmington, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This app is so great! I can watch my favorite shows and movies on the go on my phone and on my iPad. It’s so convenient! They have a wide range of genres available and always have must watch series’ coming out. Highly recommend!
Lucy G.
Johnson City, TN
As a Prime Member, it's pretty awesome getting Amazon Instant Video as an extra perk where I can watch an unlimited amount of movies and TV shows that are considered Prime. A lot of people compare Amazon Instant Video to Netflix, and while they offer similar services. they have different networks, shows, and movies to watch. If you are a big fan of HBO, MTV, PBS/Masterpiece, Starz, Nickelodeon, or Showtime, you will like the wide selection that Amazon has. Amazon also has original shows like Transparent and The Man in the High Castle. I never have trouble streaming episodes. I always look forward to watching America's Next Top Model or Mr. Robot. I think one way that Amazon Instant Video is better than Netflix is that Amazon Instant Video is a free service added to just becoming a Prime Member on Amazon. So not only are you getting products with fast free shipping at a discounted rate, you get to watch thousands of awesome movies and shows unique to each family member - from Dora to Indiana Jones, Amazon has it.
Amber J.
Saint Johns, MI
I really like this set up because while I'm subscribed to Amazon prime I am able to watch tons of shows for free. The rest that are not free are actually pretty cheap. Its so nice to have an app that can play tons of children's shows for free as I have little kids. They feature products each month and are constantly updating their library of movies.
Kara E.
La Mirada, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
While I won't be ditching Netflix or Hulu anytime soon, Amazon Instant is fantastic if you have Amazon Prime and can download shows for free. I mainly use Amazon Instant to watch television shows that are no loner on TV. It works fast, very little buffering, and has great quality. However, downloading to videos to my phone is such a slow process that I can't bear to ever watch it on my phone again. That being said, watching Amazon Instant from your laptop, computer, or TV is fantastic.
Amanda H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I like Amazon video a lot! I can find HBO shows from the 90s! They have a lot of shows that you can only see on Amazon (Top Gear anyone?) I dislike with newer episodes that they want you to pay for each individual episode but if you wait to watch it will be free with a prime membership.
Catherine R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love Amazon Instant Video.  We get it with our Prime subscription.  It is great for movies and TV shows.  It has things that Netflix doesn't always have.  I love that I can watch BBC shows on it as well.  I watched all of Downton Abbey on Amazon.  We use it on our smart tv but before that we just used a Roku to play it.  It is totally worth the investment.
Jennifer S.
Amazon Instant Video has a pretty nice selection of movies and TV shows for free if you have a Prime membership. I don't have cable, but with Netflix and Amazon, I have plenty of things to watch. I use Amazon mostly to find Nickelodeon shows for my kids, since Netflix doesn't have any (Dora, Paw Patrol, SpongeBob, etc). The only downside is that Amazon doesn't always offer every season for free. For example you can get seasons 1-3 of Dora for free, but you have to pay for all the other seasons if you want to watch them, even if you've got Prime. Sometimes it's worth it though to buy full seasons through Amazon, at least for kids' shows; it can be cheaper that way instead of buying a DVD at the store. Overall it's a good perk of a Prime membership, and I use it almost daily.
Cynthia M.
I have a hard time finding shows I want to watch with Instant Videos, and whenever I do, the last one or two seasons aren't included with prime :( I understand they have to make money somehow but it's so disappointing
Vida M.
I love Amazon Instant Video/Prime Video. The Prime Video option comes free with my amazon prime account, and it even allows me to download movies and series for offline use! It has many of the shows and movies that Netflix has, and it is free! I love it! I use this way more often than Netflix. I also love that I can easily buy whatever shows or videos they don't offer for free. A great all-in-one platform! It even has fitness videos and ambient videos for sleep and meditation. My personal fav shows on Prime are: Transparent, the Tommy Edison Experience, Catastrophe, and the Twilight Zone (although you can also get that one on Netflix). I highly recommend Amazon Instant (Prime) Video!
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
Which is better Netflix or Amazon Instant Video?
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
I am debating cancelling my Netflix subscription, right now I pay for both. Any recommendations?
Sam S.
In your opinion, what are the must-watch shows available on Amazon prime?
Brittny P.
Haven't used this site yet. After seeing it listed on this website , I will make sure to check it out. Any feedback on the speed of the program ?
Breanne Z.
Lansing , MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
How does this service compare to Netflix?