BY AMAZON #1 in Streaming Devices

Instantly stream content from Netflix, Amazon Video and Hulu; search for content and check sports scores and weather updates with Alexa voice search function; compatible with most HDTVs with HDMI input

• How exactly does this work? My friend said she uses it to...1 Answers
  • Amazon - Fire Tv Stick With Voice Remote - Black does Kod...1 Answers
  • Does anyone have a good comparison between the fire stick...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon

Start your review of Amazon - Fire Tv Stick With Voice Remote - Black!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Shemia C.
Detroit, MI
The Amazon firestorm is a good replacement from Cable TV.I get all the latest movies that's in the show now.Live stream.Any channel you get on cable you can also get on the Firestick!Stop spending money on cable bills and just get internet.That's all you need.!!!!
scott f.
Amazon - Fire Tv Stick With Voice Remote - Black Most of my TV viewing comes from Amazon Video or Netflix, so this device is important to me. We have smart TV's, but dislike the interface, so to get a consistent system on each of our TV's, we need a corresponding amount of streaming devices. We have a variety of Fire TV devices to achieve this, which includes Fire TV 2, Fire Stick 2 and Fire TV 3 (pendants), despite being different versions, all have the same interface, which is great for ease of use. I had a Fire TV 3 previously on my main TV (Sony 4K HDR), it worked ok, but I had expected a bit more after the Fire TV 2. It was effectively a streaming device following in the footsteps of a mini-console/streamer and appeared to be moving away from games. I hoped that the new 4K Fire TV Stick was going to be an improvement in terms of performance, but it made pre-ordering a bit of a gamble without seeing reviews - would it take after version 2 or version 3. Also, with the 4K Stick being a Stick, was it going to be lacking in terms of power and prove to be a low powered Stick, like my less responsive Fire Stick 2?

When the 4K Stick arrived, in the box there is the device, a USB power lead, a remote (with batteries), HDMI extender cable, a power adapter & instructions. I had the Ethernet adapter from my Fire TV 3, so I set it up with wired ethernet. The hardest part about the setup was opening the battery compartment on the remote, so it was a smooth ride to get the device going. There was a software update, then a software update for the remote to go through a little later. The remote went through a setup screen, which enabled it to control the TV's volume and turn the TV on or off. This is a new feature and works well for my TV.

The 4K Fire Stick is slightly longer and ticker than the Fire Stick 2. On one of my TV's this would of had it sticking out of the side of the TV, but beyond that, I discovered that the slightly thicker 4K Stick prevented it from being put directly into the HDMI socket. I avoided these issues by using the small HDMI extender you get in the box and using Velcro adhesive picture hangers to position the 4K Fire Stick to the rear of the TV, which allowed it to be very neat. The interface operates smoothly and is very Amazon centric. You need a Prime subscription to get the most out of it. You can play your Amazon Music, Audiable books, Prime Video and gain access to YouTube via a web browser. Netflix works very well, as do iPlayer, All4, Demand 5 and ITV's catchup service. There are many more apps to choose from. The apps have a good level of responsiveness and function. The size of the device means that taking it on holiday or to hotels would be an option, providing that they offer sufficient WiFi coverage. There is no real heat from the device, it just does not feel cold. I have added some size comparison photographs and how I used the picture hangers to fix the 4K streamer to the rear of my wall mounted TV. I do not use the feature, but I have noticed that a mobile device cannot be cast (mirrored) to the 4K Fire Stick, as you could with previous models. If you read this review long after product release and are perplexed by this because this feature does exist, then it would have arrived in a future software update. I obviously have no knowledge if the feature has been removed, or is just due to be added after release. For me, it would be something I would not use, so has no influence on my review score.

In operation, the 4K Fire TV is just brilliant. The picture & sound quality are significantly improved over the Fire TV 3 (or any other streaming device I have encountered). Operation of the device is slick and fast. I watched it for an afternoon whilst I did some paperwork and then watched it more intently in the evening, it worked very well. In trying to characterise what this new device takes after was a mistake. It is shaped like a Fire Stick, but performs like a Fire TV, so it cuts its own path and definitely does not look backwards, except in retaining the same interface. The 4K & HDR is far more evident than with the Fire TV 3 and the picture quality looks noticeably improved. The only very minor issue I could find & I am not sure if it is an issue with the Fire TV or the settings on it, is where the TV will act as if it has changed channel (without the channel being changed) or as if it disconnects and immediately reconnects, the title of the HDMI input will appear on the screen and the sound will be interrupted for a fraction of a second. This happened infrequently and there was more than an hour between occurrences. I would like to eliminate this, but I am unsure what the cause behind it is. The only progress on this so far, is that I know that the TV does not do this with other devices. It did not impact my viewing pleasure to any extent, the Fire TV 3 also did this, but less often.

This 4K Fire Stick is an outstanding device, my pre-order gamble paid off more than I dared to hope. Of course I would still like to see an Micro SD card slot, a full USB port and an inbuilt Ethernet port, perhaps more storage but at this price, size & performance, I have no complaints.

I have since had a chance to look at some professional reviews on the web from technology and TV sites\magazines and it appears I am not alone in being impressed nor am I alone in awarding 5 stars in a review. The issue I had (channel changing without changing) was not reported, so I need to dig through the settings on the 4K Fire Stick & the TV to see if I can eliminate the issue in my setup.

What might be useful to know, is that I have one of the 4K Sticks on a bedroom TV (this TV is about 10yrs old). That 4K Fire Stick is powered by the TV's USB 2 (low powered) socket, using the adapter sold by Amazon, which is designed for a Fire Stick 2. The adapter has a battery in it and was too light weight for the Fire TV 3, but does the job for this 4K Fire Stick. I have also tried powering the new 4K Fire TV Stick on a modern TV's USB 3 (higher power) socket without an adapter. The good news is that this powers the 4K Fire Stick just fine. This is good news for people with limited power sockets or where TV's are on walls and reduced wiring is desirable.

WiFi performance is much improved on the 2.4 & 5Ghz frequencies. The 5Ghz signal shows significant improvement over the Fire TV 3, which often would refuse to function for me on that frequency, leaving the slower 2.4Ghz frequency as the default. This change makes the 4K Fire Stick more responsive when connected on WiFi.

As for my mixed environment of Fire TV 2's, a Fire Stick 2, Fire TV 3's and the new 4K Fire Stick, that has all changed. I have been so impressed with the 4K stick that I now just have two Fire TV 2's and four 4K Fire Sticks in use. The rest have been put in a bag at the bottom of my old tech crate in my garage. Sadly for the Fire TV 3 and the old Fire Stick, this is the technology equivalent of being shot at dawn!
Sophie M.
Great! Some pros and cons however, first off the price I got mine at a bargain £40 ($52). Easy to set up first of all, plug it in the HDMI slot and follow the instructions. Everything works very smoothly, YouTube, Netflix everything. Then we have the voice control (Alexa) which I found really good to be fair, however not used much at all because you forget it's there. One problem is the controller, I'm finding myself needing to change the batteries at least every 3 weeks, so make sure you have plenty of batteries. I would definitely buy again! And recommend to many people!! ;)
Kara D.
Thornville, OH
This is the easiest way to watch all of my favourite shows. You can get many apps through this, such as Spotify, Netflix, and even your Amazon Prime channels and movies. I am a huge Amazon Prime lover, so this was the best choice for me, a no-brainer. I never have any issues with it. I love the sleek, slender remote. It is a small remote BUT if you can't find your remote, you can use your phone as a remote! They offer an app to control your device from your phone. 10/10 recommend. Love my Fire Stick so much.
Addy W.
Cascade, IA
Purchased at: Amazon
I love this device to switch my regular TV into a smart TV with just a click of a button. It is so much easier to access Netflix and Hulu rather than using a gaming device. I love how I can stream shows easily, but I can download Youtube and other apps to my TV. I love this device.
laura c.
Pinellas Park, FL
I received this as an early Christmas present and honestly I'm not too sure how I've survived this long without it. There's so many cool features and programs. I love being able to use Alexa on the remote. There is no lag when asking her to find me a specific movie. The only thing that would make it better is if it was voice activated instead of pushing a button.
Taylor M.
Bath, PA
Purchased at: Best Buy
I love this fire stick it was a little expensive for me (but I don’t have tons of money) but it was worth it. I can watch whatever I want at anytime of the day. I don’t even use my own cable because I can sign in through my mother in laws or my parents to get the channels.
Barbara S.
Statesboro
I own two of these.  The Fire Tv Stick can be jailbroken to add other apps on it.  I have two apps downloaded onto it that I can watch any show or movie out there for free!  Goodbye Redbox!  I also bought a power charging cable for it that connects to the stick on one side and has a USB on the other to plug into the tv without a cord reaching from the tv all the way to the bottom of the floor for power.  I highly suggest getting this.  Follow me if you want more info on the apps and I will follow back!
Robin B.
Jersey City, N.J.
I love my Amazon Fire Stick. I can watch all my favorite tv shows and movies. I don't need cable anymore now that I have an Amazon Fire Stick. Another great thing about it is that I can take it with me when I travel.
Connie R.
Wilmington, MA
I love my fire stick. I used my ps and wifi systems prior to buying the fire stick. Work much faster, access my Netflix an prime with ease. Easy to set up and use. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys watching tv through different forms other than cable. Also access to YouTube and games which is cool. I never have nothing to watch. Small ins plugs into back of tv and the remote is small.
Sasha E.
Hickory, NC
I have been looking into a new streaming stick. Have anyone tried this Amazon Fire Tv Stick yet? How do you like it so far? I want to know if it is worth to buy it.
Carolyn M.
Caldwell, ID
Jennifer R.
W Haverstraw, NY
Jessica M.
Gainesville, GA
I have a Chromecast right now, and it isn't the worst thing, but it is NOT the best thing either. Has anyone tried the Fire Stick and the Chromecast? Which is better? Can I cast YouTube to this?
nessa V.
Oneida, NY
Thinking of getting a firestick instead of paying for cable is it worth it?