Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black

BY AMAZON #11 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/Black see more...

• How durable is this tablet and what ages is it for? My so...2 Answers
  • Does anyone feel like the battery dies super fast?5 Answers
  • How do your kids like this tablet? What ages do you think...2 Answers
Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7
Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black
Monica S.
My son loves this tablet (2.5 years old) and we both love how easy it is for him to navigate. The content is great, and it keeps him entertained! We do have a few issues with it however. If we don't turn the device off (not just sleeping, but completely off) the battery will die within a couple of hours which I find ridiculous for a tablet. I also don't like the idea that there is a subscription fee for the content for him. I just find that a little bit extreme. We do however love the warranty it has been given and we have been happy enough. I most likely would not repurchase this exact model or recommend to another.
Alexandra H.
There are a lot of things I like and a few I don't.
Pro's: I love the time controls on the Fire tablet. I can set tge time for the day and my kids understand that when it's done, it's done. I love the case, it's been dropped abunch and still doing great.
Cons: you have to get an SD card. The operating system takes up si such room you run out super quick. I don't really like how all the game icons are already on the tablet. My daughter just goes through tapping and downloading stuff which took up the memory super fast. I wish I could delete or hide the icons of games not downloaded.
Alicia D.
My son loves his tablet. My daughter has the amazon fire tablet, so I decided to get my younger son the kid's edition. It has great parental controls. I was also able to link their apps. I control when he can use it, for hpw long, age appropriate, and what downloads are acceptable. My kids can't purchase anything without my passcode. There are plenty of things to choose from games to books and music. A great way to entertain them while we're waiting at the doctor's office or a restaurant. Every paren't should look into getting one. A great investment and not too expensive.
crystal w.
El campo , TX
So far so good. The features on it are awsome cause it allows me full control of how long he is on it. Cons i don't get youtube kids but im able to download videos for him to watch.
Rhiannon S.
Spanaway, WA
I'm super pleased with this for the price, comes with a 2 year worry free warranty, a foam case and is fully loaded with tons of Amazon content for kids and the ability to add some classroom endorsed learning apps that I already adored. The price made it a super good deal, the screen is gorgeous and the battery life is good, all things considered. My only criticism is speed. In a high speed world, almost no amount of lag is acceptable. This thing takes a while to download even the preloaded content and often needs to be power cycled before it'll open apps we loaded after purchase. For the price, I like it but it feels like it should be able to process faster. For me it's a no, for my elementary school child, it's a yes
Kimberly Z.
San Antonio, TX
I bought this tablet for my little nephew couple months ago. He loves it and I like that I can control how long I want him to use it for and I can even use it for myself.
Alysson N.
South Saint Paul, MN
I love the rubber bumper case for kid slippery hands. It allows you to control what they can access which is great as well. My daughter loves it. There’s so many different features
Lia B.
This has been a great way to teach my very hyper 6 year old. He's learning and it keeps his attention. He has a VERY short attention span when it comes to learning. This actually holds his and it's got the case to keep it protected for children his age. I would have to recommend this to anyone that has a child that will not concentrate for very long. It has certainly helped him. I only put educational games on his to where he will sit and learn from it.
Emily C.
Verona, PA
Love the apps that come free with this app but the memory you get makes it impossible to have more than a few of them loaded onto the tablet at any time. Unfortunately, you can't increase the memory so our son was constantly frustrated by not being able to load new games. We loved the idea of the Kindle Fire however so we purchased a newer version that had expandable memory and are keeping this one as a starter tablet for our daughter in a couple of years.
Stephanie R.
Fitchburg, MA
I highly recommend this table for children I had previously purchased the dream nabi tablet but it never worked properly so I returned it for this one and I love this one for my child he has his own profile and the paren't has there own. It work like a regular tablet in the paren't mode as in no restrictions to anything and on the child profile you can decide what they can play and use such as YouTube and things like that my son loves it!
Monica S.
Does anyone feel like the battery dies super fast?
Desirae P.
Whitley City, KY
How do your kids like this tablet? What ages do you think are appropriate for this? Do you think its durable?
Amber P.
How durable is this tablet and what ages is it for? My son is 3 years old and I've been thinking about buying him one.
Joseline R.
Can you download youtube? Or netflix?