Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black

BY AMAZON #15 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/Black see more...

• Does anyone feel like the battery dies super fast?5 Answers
  • How durable is this tablet and what ages is it for? My so...1 Answers
  • How do your kids like this tablet? What ages do you think...1 Answers
Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7
Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black
Melinda C.
Orlando, FL
Bought this for my almost 2 year old son. He enjoys it and I love the free year of kindle freetime--we plan on continuing after the free year is done. My gripe is that I can make personal videos (that I've acquired 100% legally) available to the child's profile. Therefore, I still need to bring the iPad for him on trips and what not. Another gripe is that while you can download freetime videos for play when off wifi, they don't automatically populate when offline. This means, I find myself clicking though several curious George (or whatever) videos just to get the ones I downloaded--major PITA.

Other than those 2 gripes, I like the tablet for him. And especially love the 2 year no questions asked warranty for the kids edition. If he throws it on the concrete, puts behind my tire, drops in the toilet, whatever, Amazon will replace. That alone is worth the extra $50 I paid, never mind the included case, year of freetime, and having the ads removed. Great buy for a child.
Allison B.
Gretna, NE
Nice, but definitely not perfect. I was under the impression when I bought it that it ran exactly like an other tablet and just was a lot easier to put restrictions on. I don't agree though. It's super hard to navigate and I've found a lot it can't do. Case is great though.
Allegra H.
Warwick, RI
I purchased the fire kids edition for my 4 year old son who has been using my iPad proficiently for about 2 years now. The iPad is old and beat up, still works fine but screen is cracked and I was hoping to get him something durable and geared more towards his age group. We've only had the kindle for a few weeks so here is my review thus far...I will say that for the price it is a decent tablet, it's durable and kid friendly. It comes with a ton of pre loaded app icons on the kids profile that can easily be downloaded with a simple tap the problem with that is once downloaded they eat up a lot of memory and I haven't figured out how to delete the icons so we don't have to keep uninstalling things to download other things. A bit annoying. Also many of the apps he enjoyed on the iPad are not available (or maybe I just can't find them) on the kindle. We are accustomed to the very user friendly iPad which I think is what is making the tradition frustrating.
Jana W.
Tehachapi
My grandson has this one.  It is super easy to navigate, very toddler friendly.  It has a two year warranty although since it is practically indestructible, you won’t need it.  His has a turnof at b dtime feature, so 8:00 PM the Kindle turns itself off!
Ribecka J.
We bought this tablet as a Christmas present for our 3 year old. Overall, it has been one of the best purchases we have made for her. She loves her tablet and never wants to put it down. There are so many apps she can download that are educational and enjoyable. I really like how she is unable to surf the Internet without my pass code. I would highly recommend anyone who purchases this tablet though, to also expand memory by buying a memory card. There is not enough built in memory for all the different apps that my daughter wants. Some things I don't like about the tablet is how I have to restart it many many times due to the screen freezing up randomly. Some times while my daughter is searching or looking around at the apps, it shows its busy and never cones out of it. I have to turn the tablet off and then start it all over again. On average, I do it 4 or 5 times a day. Also another down side is how long it takes to charge. It usually takes a couple hours for a full charge
Adisa J.
Clackamas, OR
My son received this tablet ftom my mom for his birthday and he loves it. It's a perfect tablet for ages 3 and plus. Has a long battery life, 2 years warranty and unlimited apps that can be downloaded for free. The best part is parental control. Highly recommended.
Kylie O.
Garner, NC
This tablet was gifted to my 3 year old during Christmas. He loves playing on it, it has a wide variety of games that challenge his mind and he's learned a lot from it. Really easy to use and definitely living up to the stress of a toddler.
Kayla K.
Mountain Dale, NY
There is a major memory issue with the amazon tablets. A memory card will not solve this problem. Most games can not be stored on a memory card. I have two children's tablets. They are linked together. If one tablet is full the other says it to full also. The wifi will turn off if you get this low memory warning. I was deleting apps daily. I actually deleted all apps/content before & I still got the low storage/no wifi message. I now have to factory rest both tablets on a regular bases.
IF they fixed this weird memory problem these tablets would be worth it! The response time is good. It doesn't lag like a cheap tablet normally does. The picture is good. You can download apps that are not available in the amazon store directly from the internet. Amazon FreeTime has a pretty impressive collection of children games/content.
Shelby D.
Love this product! Parent options are amazing. My son's favorite gift! Educational games that are fun. A great warranty! Comes in different color cases. Amazon did a great job with this! I recommend this tablet!
Angelica G.
Fairborn, OH
It is a nice tablet but it does not have a SD card slot so you are limited on the things you can down load. They might have a cloud but have not done the research yet...sorry. But it is a nice tablet for your little one. And for the price you really can't go wrong. Just make sure your child can't just buy apps so put a code in for you to have to add before purchasing apps. But if you forget and see a bunch of charges just call amazon. They are very understanding and refund you the money and take the apps off! Hope this helps
Monica S.
Does anyone feel like the battery dies super fast?
Amber P.
How durable is this tablet and what ages is it for? My son is 3 years old and I've been thinking about buying him one.
Desirae P.
Whitley City, KY
How do your kids like this tablet? What ages do you think are appropriate for this? Do you think its durable?
Joseline R.
Can you download youtube? Or netflix?