Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black

BY AMAZON #15 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/Black see more...

• Does anyone feel like the battery dies super fast?5 Answers
  • How durable is this tablet and what ages is it for? My so...1 Answers
  • How do your kids like this tablet? What ages do you think...1 Answers
Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7
Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black
Jessica A.
Fort Carson, CO
Overall, I think this is a great product, especially with the case that it comes with since young kids are not known to be gentle with products.  One of my biggest complaints is that it is many of the Android apps are not available on it, even if some of the same platform are (thinking Endless Alphabet is, but then Endless Numbers isn't).  Ours also has to have the WiFi password put in EVERY time it has been restarted, which is annoying as all get out.  My absolute biggest complaint is that less than two months into owning it, the hardware failed and I am in the process of having to get it replaced.  I have the one-year warranty, so having it replaced isn't too much of a hassle.  I'm more than a little disappointed that we are having to have it replaced so soon (it will not turn on, has not been dropped or crushed, has been continuously charged for days, attempted several different chargers after suspecting the charger it came with might have been the problem, no amount of troubleshooting will bring it back).  I will update after we receive the new one on my satisfaction with it, but while I understand there are faulty products and it happens, I am not pleased.
Alysson N.
South Saint Paul, MN
I love the rubber bumper case for kid slippery hands. It allows you to control what they can access which is great as well. My daughter loves it. There’s so many different features
Erica A.
Love this bought it for my year old son on black friday since he likes watching shows on youtube, it helps me and boyfriend out when he's being fussy he loves the singing on the shows and it's so convenient apps and shows are predownloaded without having to search for them he loves alot of the shows that are on it and when there's no WiFi for the car rides we have downloaded shows and apps he can watch definetly worth it! The case it comes with is durable and it came with a two year warranty witch will come in handy
Jasmine I.
I bought this tablet for my daughter and I like it a lot. It has a pretty good size screen and a clear picture. There are tons of apps, games, books and videos and they're all in one place in the kids profile, completely separate from the rest of the tablet so you don't have to worry about them finding something they shouldn't see. The only thing I don't like is that as far as I can find (I'm not the most tech savvy) there are not many apps that don't use the WiFi so if you forget to open them up and let them load before you leave the house in a hurry and end up somewhere with no signal, you're screwed. I learned that the hard way. I also saw a review that said it doesn't have a slot for an SD card but it does, it's on the side of the tablet, you have to take the case off to get to it. You definitely want to add it at the beginning because as I found out, the tablet will stop playing once it runs out of memory (which was fairly quickly) and won't play again until you clear some space. Just set it to save to the SD card and you're set. And also the tablet doesn't have a home button, all the icons are on screen. Sometimes she gets a little frustrated when she tries to navigate to something else and can't, but she's 16 months old as of now and she's getting a little better at figuring things out everyday. I haven't downloaded any movies yet so I don't know how it works with that but I intend to try soon. My daughter uses this daily. With the 2 year, no questions asked warranty and the kid proof case this is definitely a great deal.
Valerie D.
Fayetteville, NC
My son loves his Kindle. It's like an attachment to his arm, he never leaves home without it. He can play games, watch movies and listen to music on it. I love downloading kids books for him to read and having Amazon videos makes it easy to buy a cartoon or watch cartoons for free with Amazon prime.
Crystal W.
Fstrvl Trvose, PA
i bought the Amazon- Fire Kids edition- 7" Tablet 8GB for my son and it honestly was the best thing that i ever bought him!! I have had it for almost 2 years now and it has taught him so much! To count, his ABC's everything!!! it come with a two year warranty so if they break the screen or drop it in water anything!!! They will replace it!! FOR FREE!!! I have had it replaced twice now. but LOVE it!! The only problem i have with it is that the apps for it takes up a lot of room. and it dies kinda quick.
Bianca L.
Hutchinson, MN
I have a special needs toddler that has a hard time communicating. We use the kindle fire to give him the tools to talk and learn new things. He loves it! Ours came with a 2 year warranty ...so if it breaks amazon replaces it! Really awesome electronic! Amazon - Fire Kids Edition - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Blue/black
Lexi P.
michigan city, IN
I bought the Amazon Fire tablet for my daughter for her 3rd birthday and it was perfect! I did not like however that you cant download youtube kids since that was a great app my daughter loved. But overall its a great thing and the parental age settings are amazing. But it restricts some apps. I'm just glad that most of the apps make up for the fact that they have restrictions. I would buy again 100%.
Melissa P.
This is a great tablet for children. I bought this for my son when he was a year old for long car trips. He’s now two years old and he still loves it! He watches movies, shows, play games and I can still use it to read books when out of kids mode. Sturdy cover also, my son had tossed it so many times and has yet to break hahaha. Love it!
Phoebe b.
I was interested in getting this tablet for My son because I shop on Amazon all the time and can use my Slow Shipping Credits to purchase movies and books to put on it. But that wasn’t the selling point for me. What REALLY made me want this tablet aside from the others, like the Nobi, is that it comes with a 2 year drop protection plan. This means that if Aiden ends up breaking the Kindle Fire Kids, they will send me a new one! No questions asked! Now I really want one for me too. I might just jump and buy the $50 Kindle for myself.

Aside from coming with the 2 year protection, it also comes with a protection case. This case is nice and thick and perfect for little hands. It is not a hard shell, more like rubber or silicone. Hubby chose the blue one for him. It also comes with 1 year of Amazon FreeTime. I was not sure what this was or if we would even use it. Turns out, it’s AMAZING!

Monica S.
Does anyone feel like the battery dies super fast?
Amber P.
How durable is this tablet and what ages is it for? My son is 3 years old and I've been thinking about buying him one.
Desirae P.
Whitley City, KY
How do your kids like this tablet? What ages do you think are appropriate for this? Do you think its durable?
Joseline R.
Can you download youtube? Or netflix?