Amazon - Fire Hd Kids Edition - 7" - 8GB - Black With Blue Case

BY AMAZON #17 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD Kids Edition - 7" - 8GB - Black with Blue Case see more...

• Is this worth getting ? My daughter fights for my phone a...3 Answers
Amazon - Fire Hd Kids Edition - 7
Amazon - Fire Hd Kids Edition - 7" - 8GB - Black With Blue Case
Christina B.
Tulsa
This is EXCELLENT. Should I limit screen time better? Probably, but with all of the apps and books that come with Free Time, I feel like my son has learned so so much. My only issue is the storage. When he downloads 78 apps that he only uses once, I have to go in and archive them every so often or the tablet locks him out. Other than that a++
Carol A.
Branford, CT
I have 3 of these kindles and they are great! I love that I can set time limits on everything and all the games, videos, & books that are included are awesome. It's based on age so I feel better about the content on it as well. The bumpers make it more kid friendly and the warranty on it is amazing!
Yvette P.
San Diego, CA
This thing is awesome sauce. My son loves it! You can put anything in it. From reading to learning shapes, colors, numbers, letters!! And also fun stuff. Free books. Shows. It’s great for entertaining him during a long car ride, or just free time to learn. It was a great investment.
Charlin F.
As a toddler mom of a three year old, I can say that I have (or rather my son has) already gone through four tablets. And it’s not that he is rough on them, but they do not hold up. His kindle has been a lifesaver. We both love it so much.
Andrea V.
Whittier, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
My daughter got this as a present for Christmas from her grandma. She was 2 at the time and had no problems using it. The case it comes with is really sturdy as she had dropped it a hundred times and it's still perfect.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I bought this for my daughter at just before 3 years old and it has been awesome for her to have quiet time for a few minutes each day or for road trips! Battery is long lasting and charges quick. I love the bumper for it; it’s been dropped and slammed so many times and it hasn’t missed a beat! Plus, ours came with a year free for the FreeTime for kids where it’s all access to so many apps, games, books, and educational videos!!!
Rose G.
Got our youngest his own tablet for Christmas this year! His older brothers has held up GREAT and has been a sanity saver for long car trips or when mommy needs 5 minutes to blow dry her hair or shower 😂 totally recommend this for ANYONE with kids. The kids friendly apps are not only educational, but entertaining for them!
Lori L.
Techie Expert Level 1
I purchased this tablet for my two year old for Christmas & I must say since getting it, he has learned SO MUCH!! It's amazing what some of the free apps teach him. He can do all sorts of complex puzzles & is learning the alphabet & I'm excited about the potential for him to learn even more as time goes. I would give the protective case the highest rating because it has protected his tablet from multiple falls, tosses, even him standing on it. The warranty was a main selling point when choosing the right tablet for our child. If anything breaks within this time, AMAZON will fix free of charge. There are some drawbacks though like how easy it is for my child to accidentally bring up the pin pop up that requires a certain security pin to be entered before it goes away & this pops up a ton. I wish it only popped up if he tried to access an area to purchase things but that's not the case. I also can't set his profile to not allow him to download certain free things such as books.
Lisa P.
N Salt Lake, UT
My son received this tablet for Christmas. He loves to play games on my ipad and phone, so I thought this would be a great substitution. This is a great device for kids...when it is working. The battery life seems to really struggle and there seems to be quite a few other issues that have come up. However, there are things about this that I love, such as being able to configure the settings to enforce time limits and he is required to complete educational activities before he can play games "for fun". The case is sturdy and so far it has held up to his use without any issues. I love the variety of free apps and games that are included with our Amazon Prime subscription. It is nice to not have to purchase a lot of extra games for him to play. I also think that this will grow with him better than some of the other children's tablets that are available.
isyss p.
Natchitoches
My little cousin had his tablet for almost 3 months and couldn’t stop dropping it. I ordered this case from Amazon and he loved it. He doesn’t drop it as much anymore because he has a case🙄 but when he do , it’s like he never dropped it
Betanie A.
Ligonier, IN
Is this worth getting ? My daughter fights for my phone and moves everything around and I'm thinking about getting her something like this and not have to worry about her messing around with everything lol .