Amazon - Fire Hd - 8Amazon - Fire Hd - 8Amazon - Fire Hd - 8
Amazon - Fire Hd - 8

Amazon - Fire Hd - 8" Tablet - 16GB - Black

BY AMAZON #13 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD - 8" Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

Amazon - Fire Hd - 8
Amazon - Fire Hd - 8" Tablet - 16GB - Black
Photos (3)
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
So far I love my tablet! It was a christmas gift and I've been working so much that I haven't had much of a real chance to sit down and figure out everything you can do with a tablet. I did figure out how to get some books on there which has been fantastic (you can get free books on the kindle app by renting them online through your local library). The only complaint I have about the tablet is that the lock screen is always displaying advertisements. I'm going to look up if there's a way to change this but from what I'm understanding it's stuck like that. Its not a huge deal though and overall I am really enjoying the tablet. I would highly recommend it. Its definitely a great alternative to the really expensive ones on the market.
G M.
G M.
Ingleside, IL
I am on my 5th Kindle. This is my second Fire, an upgrade. The previous Kindles were replacements for 2 that got damaged. One got dropped down a stairwell and the other got rolled by a car tire. In warranty replacement was hassle free and fast.
I have always had good customer service when I had problems or questions.
I use my kindle much more than my smartphone for everything other than phone calls. I carry a purse so portability is no problem. I prefer using the larger screen for web surfing and reading. To me the page size is equivalent to a paperback but without the bulk.
I can't be without it.
Valerie F.
Valerie F.
Kailua, HI
I have an earlier version of the Kindle Fire and I love it but the battery is getting harder and harder to charge. Since I read on it almost daily, sometimes for hours, I decided to get a new one. This was so cheap that it was impossible to justify the $250 HD version. The screen is great but the battery! It doesn't even last overnight, even if I don't use it at all! The battery on my other Kindles lasted several days (heavy use) to several weeks. This is a huge bummer for me. If I don't remember to charge the Kindle I can't read.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Sierra Vista, AZ
I can't say enough great things about this tablet! Even the adds are great! I've found a few great books and some nice apps there.
The blue shade feature is one the best advancements for us night time readers I have ever seen.
I have owned a few Android tablets in past years and I think I am more satisfied with my Kindle than I ever was with my tablet.
The only issue I have with the Fire is the mail app doesn't sync with my Gmail in a timely manner if it syncs at all. Small issue though I give it 5 stars.
Brionna Y.
Brionna Y.
Fairbanks, AK
We bought this for my husband. He really didn't like that you had to pay a fee to Amazon if you don't want pop-up adds. He also didn't like that several of the apps that he got it for wouldn't scale properly to the screen size, making it very hard to use. It does make a decent reader though. And it's nice to be able to hand it to the kids if the need to look something up for school so they can sot on the couch and we can monitor what they are searching/veiwing better.
Erin S.
Erin S.
Cologne, MN
My kids (5 and 3) use this tablet for watching Netflix and playing games/apps. The tablet is very user friendly and my kids (who can't read yet) are able to navigate it easily. It is also a very sturdy tablet. It has been dropped countless times and has never had a screen crack or anything else break. My only complaint is that the touch screen is sometimes a little unresponsive/inaccurate, but you really can't beat the price for a nice, durable, easy to use tablet.
Julian S.
Julian S.
Ogden, UT
I recently got into reading again but was getting tired of carrying books around. One of my friends told me about this Kindle so I decided to make the investment, which was an affordable one, and get this tablet. I am so glad that I did! This has made reading day, or night a very breeze. The screen quality, for what you pay, is super nice and the size of the tablet is just right . If you have been thinking about getting a tablet, just do it and get this one!
Jeneva N.
Jeneva N.
Kaukauna, WI
This is a great tablet for the price. I bought this tablet because of the low price and because I wasn't ready to invest in a more expensive one because I wasn't sure I'd use it since I have a laptop and a smart phone. If you're looking to use this tablet to watch Netflix, play games, surf the web, or any other basic online activities, then this is perfect. The touchscreen can be a little glitchy, but for the price - I really can't complain.
Cebrina S.
Cebrina S.
Purchased a bundle of tablets for Xmas gifts, gave 5 away kept 1 for myself. It's an okay tablet for reading, checking email and social media. The videos and pics are okay but not the best. I dislike one thing and that is the signal falls pretty low when I'm in a certain part of my house but it doesn't get low on other devices I use in the house. The battery goes down fast as well so hopefully they will improve this. The ads are annoying!
lyn v.
lyn v.
Hackensack, NJ
This is a pretty good tablet, it's just pretty small so it's not great for reading. I got this as a gift, and since I previously used tablets with google playstore this takes some getting used to. I am not a fan of the appstore or silk browser, and the apps offered on google play aren't the same as those offered on the kindle. I have also already experienced issues with my volume button and it has only been 2 months, so I'm not a big fan.