Amazon - Fire Hd - 8Amazon - Fire Hd - 8Amazon - Fire Hd - 8
Amazon - Fire Hd - 8

Amazon - Fire Hd - 8" Tablet - 16GB - Black

BY AMAZON #12 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD - 8" Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

Amazon - Fire Hd - 8
Amazon - Fire Hd - 8" Tablet - 16GB - Black
Becki M.
Lansing, MI
I grabbed this when it was on sale for Black Friday because it was such a good price. I had a regular Kindle before & traded it in to Amazon with the intention of getting another regular Kindle but I never did. In the meantime I did get an iPad Pro & I thought that would function as my Kindle/e-reader. Don’t get me wrong, I love my iPad. But the iPad Pro is just way too big to comfortably read in bed (12.9”) or carry around in my bag to have with me when I expect to be in a waiting room somewhere & might want a book or magazine. It’s also too big (and too expensive) to bring to the gym to set on the treadmill to watch a TV show while I workout. So I grabbed this Kindle hoping it would be everything my iPad is not. So far it does everything I need it to do.

It was easy to set up right out of the box. I easily synced it with my Amazon account so I could pull my books, music, movies, & TV shows right from my Amazon account right away. I did add the Netflix and Hulu apps so I could watch some shows while I worked out. The screen is great. The picture is crisp and clear & way better than I expected. The sound is fantastic. It is easy to read on (which should be no surprise since that it was Kindles are made to do). I like that it integrates so easily with my Goodreads account.

I haven’t spent much time browsing the web on it since that’s not what I bought it for. So I can’t speak to how it functions as a traditional tablet. But as an e-reader and media player, it is fantastic. I have had some issues with the SD card alerting me that it has been removed when it wasn’t, but some research showed me that it is not an uncommon issue with these Kindles & I’m hopeful that it will be resolved soon.

Overall this is a great little tablet. It’s small & lightweight enough to just throw in my bag & have with me wherever I go. The size is perfect to read a book, but also a great size to watch a movie on when you’re on the go. It also feels pretty sturdy. I did buy a case for it, but I feel like it’s pretty solid on its own.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
My Kindle is the one item I never leave home without other than my makeup bag. I love to read. I'm always in the middle of a book with more waiting for me to begin. I do Kindle unlimited which gives me access to a vast library of Kindle ebooks I can borrow at an unlimited amount for less than 10 dollars a month. Other than reading, I sure the web and it loads website so fast and the wifi connection is great on my fire. The battery lasts a very long time too so it can be on the go with you all day without losing all it's power. I can't imagine what I'd do without my fire
Jessica H.
I purchased this product on Black Friday for my little one. Before I made the purchase I made my own research on it, and before gifting it I played around with it a little. I must say that I am impressed, for the price that I payed I think it’s the perfect gift and my kids will enjoy watching movies and playing games on it. Good job Amazon! Amazon - Fire Hd - 8" Tablet - 8GB - Black
David A.
Miami
I really like this tablet. The camera is not so good but I like it overall. I'm expecting to get this for Christmas. I will be buying it on Amazon.com and it's very inexpensive. #GiftCrush
Manny A.
Lawrenceville, GA
I've been wanting to get a Kindle table for the longest time (Really, I'd say about 4 or 5 years) but you know how things are, the money is always going to something else and when my girlfriend told me that she got me a big gift for christmas I had no idea that this was it! It's amazing! Really amazing! It's not heavy at all, I can carry it in my bag without presenting any extra visible weight, the pages in the Kindle books do not reflect your face in the screen so it's super easy on the eyes, you can find cases almost everywhere (Got mine in 5 Below).

I've been having tablets for a while but Amazon did good.
Kristina S.
This is a great tablet for a simple user that doesn't want anything too fancy or especially anything that can be personalized. Which personally to me is the biggest downfall. I like to have everything personalize and unfortunately you can't with this tablet. Everything else is great and would recommend for those who have kids or just want something simple to read on our play games or watch movies.
Kristin F.
Glen Burnie, MD
My boyfriend bought me this for V-day last year because my laptop was sent off being repaired and we were in a ldr so I needed something to skype on. We now live together so my daughter uses it to play games on. My only complaint is that it takes way too long to charge but after that the battery does last a while. I also don't like all of the amazon ads that it shows but it was cheap and made by amazon so what can ya do.
Ashley D.
Coralville, IA
I LOVE this tablet. It does everything I need it for and is a great price! I got this during Black Friday so it was really on sale! I love using it to watch YouTube videos, look at Pinterest etc. I'm giving it four stars just because there are a few apps that aren't compatible that I would like to have.
Chels L.
Absolutely love mine! I was a little stubborn at first as an Apple user. I use my fire tablet every day. They are very affordable and have so many awesome uses. I bought them for my 80 year old grandparents and have convinced my mom to buy one for herself.
Amanda S.
So far I love my tablet! It was a christmas gift and I've been working so much that I haven't had much of a real chance to sit down and figure out everything you can do with a tablet. I did figure out how to get some books on there which has been fantastic (you can get free books on the kindle app by renting them online through your local library). The only complaint I have about the tablet is that the lock screen is always displaying advertisements. I'm going to look up if there's a way to change this but from what I'm understanding it's stuck like that. Its not a huge deal though and overall I am really enjoying the tablet. I would highly recommend it. Its definitely a great alternative to the really expensive ones on the market.