BY AMAZON #7 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD 7 Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

• Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? ...7 Answers
  • How good is it for kids i4 Answers
Jessie B.
Charlotte, NC
I bought this tablet specifically for downloading books and reading. For that purpose it performs pretty well. However, as an overall tablet it could be better. The battery life is my main reasoning behind the rating. Even though I only use the tablet for reading, I have to charge the device daily or it will die. On your lock screen, ads are displayed when the tablet is not in use. This does not bother me, but may be a factor to others. Also, it runs pretty slowly and I have noticed some glitching when trying to switch between simple apps.
Emily D.
Awesome little tablet; however, I do wish that there were more available apps and more reliable apps for android tablets. The tablet itself is good for the most part, but the apps crash quite often. I like the battery life of the tablet so far and its usability. There are some things (like downloads) I can't quite seem to find on it, but hopefully I will learn the tricks of the trade soon! I even found it an adorable little case!
Christy W.
It's worked for everything I needed it to work for. I got it in cobalt green - not black. I really like that it does what I need it to do, quickly. I do wish it had a more clear/crisp volume - it sounds distorted at times, and I wish I had gone with the larger screen option, but I do like it enough not to ever buy a tablet again .. it's just more sturdy feeling, even. Overall, very satisfied. :)
Misty Y.
York, Pa
LOVE my tablet, and my kids do too! Love that I can put it on FreeTime for my kids and know that they will be limited on what and how long they can play! Super easy to use. Only issue to this point has been that the kids tend to quickly use up all the memory and I frequently have to delete things just so that it can connect to wifi. Definitely need to look into expanding storage!
Krista R.
Mobile
Awesome Tablet. Easy to use works great totally recommend this product I bought this for my six year old to play educational games, read, learn and even have a little fun. I love this tablet I'm thinking about buying more. It's a really great product and the price was fantastic.
Trish D.
Yermo, CA
I bought this for my son for Christmas. I thought it would be a great way to keep him reading, playing his games and having Amazon Video.
It is really not that user friendly. My son has now figured it all out for the most part, but there isn't a whole I would be able to do on it without really sitting and playing with it and probably using YouTube.
Rachel G.
Piqua, OH
I bought this for my 10-year-old for Christmas and he loves it. The parental contols are really important to me, and Amazon has me covered. I have Amazon Prime and I'm really happy that I can share that with my son. We recently read a book together on our Kindles, and I think that was pretty exciting for him. He is kind of a slob, so I got the blue kid protector, just in case. So far my 3 year old has dropped it 100 times, but it still works just fine! I'm loving the Fire tablets!
Jennifer B.
Howell, NJ
The Amzon Fire tablet is nice fore the price. It has some things I don't love about it and other things I do enjoy. I pretty much use the table for reading or letting my kids play video games. It takes a while to load certain games and videos. If you're mostly looking for an ereader of sorts this is a great option and not too pricey.
Brooke S.
Albertson, NY
I love how lightweight and portable this tablet is. The battery runs very quickly so I constantly have to bring my charging cord with me if I will be using it for a few hours. I bought a Bluetooth keyboard for it and now use this tablet to take notes in class rather than bringing my laptop, and it has worked great for that. I do not like that you cannot change the background to something appealing to you (the background changes and appears as different ads).
Jacqueline M.
Reading , PA
I purchased this for my husband for Christmas. He had an iPad which he loved but dropped it and shattered the screen beyond repair. This tablet was a very inexpensive but decent replacement. It work well enough for what he uses it for which is watching YouTube or Amazon Prime tv. I would say it's pretty good for the price I paid.
Emily D.
Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? I have purchased cases that literally say they will fit this and then don't. I'm not sure what to do! I would really love a case with a keyboard.
Brenda V.
How good is it for kids i