BY AMAZON

Amazon - Fire HD 7 Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

Allison A.
New Hartford, NY
Its very simple to use however I hate the ads that pop up on the lock screen. I also don't like that you cannot customize the background screens like on other tablets. It works really well for shopping on Amazon and the kids area is great. If you're looking for a great reader or if you only want to play games its a great tablet. Not all games are available on the Amazon store, and some things wont download at all because there isn't enough room on the tablet.
Kim P.
Claflin, KS
I love my Amazon kindle fire tablets and have purchased 4 of them now! Mine from 2013 still works great, and is my favorite! I also purchase 2 this past summer and they work great too. The newest model ($49) is my least favorite due to a narrower screen and no Swype. However overall these are great tablets with consistent performance! I have Amazon prime so purchase items from their store with free shipping, read their books, and watch videos all on my tablet! It has basically replaced my laptop for me! I've used ipads at work and prefer the use friendly and much more affordable kindle fires!
Channon M.
West Monroe, NY
I purchased not only one of these tablets, but two of them, just to be continually disappointed. In the first two months of usage, no problems at all. The interface was a little clunky but i got used to it. Then after adding music to my library, the device would crash ALL THE TIME. Even once restored and restored, i would continually have the same issue. I have since purchased an iPad mini and am so much happier because of it.
Kyla B.
Clarksville, TN
I got this tablet for my 11 year old son to replace another tablet that took a tumble down a flight of stairs. We've had this tablet for a little while now and have ZERO complaints. The graphics are amazing for videos and games and the processor is speedy. He loves reading on his tablet now and can actually get a full color graphic novel as well. This is an awesome tablet for the price tag and I highly recommend!
Julie R.
I bought this tablet for my 7 year old son. How can you go wrong with a $35 tablet. That is the price that I paid during Black Friday on Amazon. I am a Amazon Prime Member. With that service I have lots of shows and movies that I can stream. My son has access to all of the same services that I do. That is what makes this so worth the money. He can stream without paying for data. The screen is small but so is he.
Katherine A.
Green Mountain, NC
This is an upgrade from my original Kindle. I much prefer the backlit screen and larger size. While I still mostly use my Fire as a book, it is a much easier way to check my email or find something online than my smartphone is. I'm old-fashioned I guess but with the cover my Fire feels like I'm actually holding a book. The battery lasts a reasonable amount of time, unlike my phone, and if I'm running low on power it will charge as I read and get ahead of me. There a lot of features I haven't even started to use. I keep liking it better and better.
Jessie B.
Charlotte, NC
I bought this tablet specifically for downloading books and reading. For that purpose it performs pretty well. However, as an overall tablet it could be better. The battery life is my main reasoning behind the rating. Even though I only use the tablet for reading, I have to charge the device daily or it will die. On your lock screen, ads are displayed when the tablet is not in use. This does not bother me, but may be a factor to others. Also, it runs pretty slowly and I have noticed some glitching when trying to switch between simple apps.
Emily D.
Marshfield, WI
Awesome little tablet; however, I do wish that there were more available apps and more reliable apps for android tablets. The tablet itself is good for the most part, but the apps crash quite often. I like the battery life of the tablet so far and its usability. There are some things (like downloads) I can't quite seem to find on it, but hopefully I will learn the tricks of the trade soon! I even found it an adorable little case!
Christy W.
It's worked for everything I needed it to work for. I got it in cobalt green - not black. I really like that it does what I need it to do, quickly. I do wish it had a more clear/crisp volume - it sounds distorted at times, and I wish I had gone with the larger screen option, but I do like it enough not to ever buy a tablet again .. it's just more sturdy feeling, even. Overall, very satisfied. :)
Misty Y.
York, Pa
LOVE my tablet, and my kids do too! Love that I can put it on FreeTime for my kids and know that they will be limited on what and how long they can play! Super easy to use. Only issue to this point has been that the kids tend to quickly use up all the memory and I frequently have to delete things just so that it can connect to wifi. Definitely need to look into expanding storage!
Emily D.
Marshfield, WI
Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? I have purchased cases that literally say they will fit this and then don't. I'm not sure what to do! I would really love a case with a keyboard.
Brenda V.
How good is it for kids i
Nillie H.
Reynolds
Price range and dose it have an sad card slot