BY AMAZON #7 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD 7 Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

• Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? ...7 Answers
  • How good is it for kids i4 Answers
Whitney H.
The Fire HD is fantastic. I purchased 2, one for each of my kids and they love it. They are too young to own a phone so instead of stealing my phone and using all my space to download their games, they can now have their own. I love that it has parental blocks so they can't purchase anything without my password and I can block the internet and email if needed. Since it's a Kindle, we have access to books as well so when it's time for them to do their reading, they don't need to do anything else, they just download a book.
Rebecca U.
Holt, MI
I used to have an HDX, but my kids broke it, so this is a replacement for it. Its a bit harder to use, in my opinion. Takes a while for me to find apps/things I stored to cloud. I do not like that it has no restart option-you have to turn it off, then back on again. But, it holds quite a bit of stuff, has fairly fast web browsing, and is adequate for what I do. If you are looking for a better sound/video quality I would go for the more expensive HDX. If you like to read and browse the internet, this one will do ya.
Jessica R.
Middle Village, NY
The battery life on this is terrible. Amazons customer service is terrible. Their solution is to buy another kindle. Why would I invest more money in a product that only lasted 8 months and they had no interest in helping fix the one I had or replace it. They just want your money and then they'll place you on hold and transfer you to 3647499 people making you rehash your story and problem 64738292 times before telling you sorry can't help, but you can buy another one! Awful!
Megan P.
Halifax, VA
We own two of these. One I bought for my 10 year old and one for myself. Great tablet. Love the Amazon underground that has games with unlimited levels and lives. Great picture. I didn't want anything too big and this is perfect. I do wish it was a little louder especially when I'm streaming video but I pair it with my blue tooth speakers and it's fine. And they are currently on sale for under $50 on Amazon so can't complain. Easy to use. Good App Store. Highly recommend
Allison A.
New Hartford, NY
Its very simple to use however I hate the ads that pop up on the lock screen. I also don't like that you cannot customize the background screens like on other tablets. It works really well for shopping on Amazon and the kids area is great. If you're looking for a great reader or if you only want to play games its a great tablet. Not all games are available on the Amazon store, and some things wont download at all because there isn't enough room on the tablet.
Kim P.
Claflin, KS
I love my Amazon kindle fire tablets and have purchased 4 of them now! Mine from 2013 still works great, and is my favorite! I also purchase 2 this past summer and they work great too. The newest model ($49) is my least favorite due to a narrower screen and no Swype. However overall these are great tablets with consistent performance! I have Amazon prime so purchase items from their store with free shipping, read their books, and watch videos all on my tablet! It has basically replaced my laptop for me! I've used ipads at work and prefer the use friendly and much more affordable kindle fires!
Channon M.
West Monroe, NY
I purchased not only one of these tablets, but two of them, just to be continually disappointed. In the first two months of usage, no problems at all. The interface was a little clunky but i got used to it. Then after adding music to my library, the device would crash ALL THE TIME. Even once restored and restored, i would continually have the same issue. I have since purchased an iPad mini and am so much happier because of it.
Kyla B.
Clarksville, TN
I got this tablet for my 11 year old son to replace another tablet that took a tumble down a flight of stairs. We've had this tablet for a little while now and have ZERO complaints. The graphics are amazing for videos and games and the processor is speedy. He loves reading on his tablet now and can actually get a full color graphic novel as well. This is an awesome tablet for the price tag and I highly recommend!
Julie R.
I bought this tablet for my 7 year old son. How can you go wrong with a $35 tablet. That is the price that I paid during Black Friday on Amazon. I am a Amazon Prime Member. With that service I have lots of shows and movies that I can stream. My son has access to all of the same services that I do. That is what makes this so worth the money. He can stream without paying for data. The screen is small but so is he.
Katherine A.
Green Mountain, NC
This is an upgrade from my original Kindle. I much prefer the backlit screen and larger size. While I still mostly use my Fire as a book, it is a much easier way to check my email or find something online than my smartphone is. I'm old-fashioned I guess but with the cover my Fire feels like I'm actually holding a book. The battery lasts a reasonable amount of time, unlike my phone, and if I'm running low on power it will charge as I read and get ahead of me. There a lot of features I haven't even started to use. I keep liking it better and better.
Emily D.
Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? I have purchased cases that literally say they will fit this and then don't. I'm not sure what to do! I would really love a case with a keyboard.
Brenda V.
How good is it for kids i