BY AMAZON #7 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD 7 Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

• Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? ...7 Answers
  • How good is it for kids i4 Answers
Tiffany N.
Braselton, GA
I love my Kindle! My ex had a decent Samsung tablet that I enjoyed, but it felt like a giant phone that made no calls. I had a cheapie e-reader I received for Christmas forever and a day ago, and I loved having access to any number of books wherever I was, but I wanted to do more than just read. The obvious choice was the Kindle.

It's rare that I let my kids touch my electronics (I'm sorry, I'm just not the mom that lets their kid slobber all over their iPhone... I'm entirely too poor to replace it if they break it) but I do like that I can take advantage of the parental settings super easily with the Kindle in case I do let either my 8 or 9 year old hop on.

I don't know that I'll even entertain the thought of getting something other than a Kindle when it's time to replace. It's the perfect blend of tablet and e-reader, in my opinion.
Sarah M.
Smyrna, DE
I got my son this tablet for bringing his math grade up 19 points in 1 marking period. Not only did I get it on sale for $40 (usually they are $50 but black Friday they were $35), it was really easy to set up. You can have multiple "accounts" on there (2 adults and I think 2 kids) so they each require a password to log in. He ended up dropping it face down on our tiled kitchen floor, cracking the screen. I chatted with Amazon's customer service (based in India, so I used the chat option online) and they ended up sending me a replacement kindle, 2 day shipping! No where offers a user error warranty and now we don't have to deal with the cracked screen. I cant see spending hundreds of dollars on an Ipad, when you can get this tablet for $50 and end up with superior customer service!!!
Kinsey W.
I wanted a tablet that was affordable and straightforward. I wanted one to watch videos with, check my mail, play games and surf the web. Quite honestly, I was sick of my phone's small screen. My Fire tablet has been wonderful. I've shopped online, watched videos, read books, listened to music with it. The battery life has been excellent. If you have an Amazon Prime account, you'll find that the tablet works seamlessly with it. The one drawback is the camera. It has a forward and selfie camera, however the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired. Save money and buy the tablet with less GB and purchase a separate memory card-you'll greatly increase your gigs for a fraction of the price.
Veronica P.
What don't I do with my kindle? That would be a hard question to answer. Its a wonderful tablet. What I enjoy more is reading my free books from the kindle unlimited subscription. Also I subscribed to Acaciatv to be able to try different workouts routine. So exercising is another activity that I enjoy in my kindle. Doing school research, browsing, shopping, paying my bills online, playing my favorite game of all times, mage and minions and others like mahjong. I go through battery charges a lot since it is on a great part of my day. The sound and image quality are AMAZING!!! I have never had any issues with my unit. Very fast and reliable tablet.
Crystal S.
Griffin , GA
I purchased 2 of these for my kiddos. At just $50 a piece they are well put together for the price point. They are sturdy enough to withstand the kids.I love the parental control. It makes sure your kids can't purchase anything or see anything inappropriate. You also can put a timer on it and the Amazon Fire will shut off so you can control how long your kids play. The lock code gives only you access to let your kids use the Fire. When the kids are not using them I also like to use them to read, play games and do quick searches. I give the Amazon Fire HD Tablet 5 stars and recommend them for the little ones in your life.
Yisel C.
Brooklyn , NY
muy buena tablet compramos dos para las niñas,me gusta porque puedes controlar lo que ven,puedes ponerle un pin para acceder a internet ,fácil de usar y tiene un ano de contenido gratis!
Colleen W.
Pikesville, MD
I bought this because Amazon was having a sale where you could get it for around $100 I think. I bought it on a whim thinking I may like reading my books on there and being an artist, I could put my portfolio on there. Having a kindle fire has by far exceeded my expectations. I use this almost every day and I love it. I can watch netflix on it, read my books, browse Pinterest. I didn't want to buy an iPad because I wasn't sure if I would use it hence why I thought the kindle would be good. I'm so glad I did, it has everything I could want and I couldn't be happier.
Jen R.
Broken Arrow, OK
My kids got these for Christmas and I really love that you can grant parental controls. This helps me limit their screen time without have a huge fight telling them to put it down
Loni R.
I absolutely hated this tablet, it runs out of storage which you can not upgrade you have to pay to do pretty much anything on it and god forbid you have added money to an Amazon account and forgot your password. If so you are out that money. I will never own another, and will always from here on out use full Android devices only, functionality was poop Here is what I thought of mine.
Amy P.
Columbia, KY
I love it! It is user friendly and has all the features that you could want in a table. Amazon has amazing customer service and I am also a Prime member. I like to read, but I don't like to carry cumbersome books around. I can find almost anything I want to read on my kindle and download it for an affordable price. It fits perfect in my purse so I can use it anywhere to kill time. I love the wifi and browsing features as well. The 7" screen is worth the small amount extra. I highly recommend the Kindle to anyone in the market for a tablet.
Emily D.
Marshfield, WI
Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? I have purchased cases that literally say they will fit this and then don't. I'm not sure what to do! I would really love a case with a keyboard.
Brenda V.
How good is it for kids i