BY AMAZON #7 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD 7 Tablet - 16GB - Black see more...

• Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? ...7 Answers
  • How good is it for kids i4 Answers
Lindsey P.
My sister gave this to me for Christmas to replace an older Kindle I had. This is definitely better described as an E-Reader, not a tablet.

Yes, it does have a front-facing and back camera. Yes, it does have internet capability and apps. However, the camera quality is TERRIBLE. You would get better quality from a vintage camera than this one. And while you can download apps, there aren't many that are compatible and those that are, are outdated.

Also, keep in mind that there is very little storage space. I have 5 apps (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Wattpad, and a Solitaire game), about 10 photos, and 2 songs. I have hardly any storage space left, which really limits the performance. This is most likely because Kindle keeps downloading apps that I don't use or want (Firefly, GoodReads, Alexa, etc) and I can't uninstall them!

But as an E-Reader, it works great. There are many books to choose from on Amazon and you can even become a Prime Member and rent books! Would highly recommend if you are just looking to read and do a little extra "tablet-like" stuff such as browsing the internet. Not so much if you are looking for a tablet, but also want to read and download books.
Z'Ariyah H.
Huntsville
I love gummies and cookies and  candy AND cakes and crackers and pops and lip gloss and all types of clothes and sunglassses  and last but not least nail polish and smartwatches and tablets and easy bake ovens mcdonalds maker and cameras and ring lights. and i would love the chance to try these for a youtube video challenge real vs fake gummy challenge i love to make challenge videos
Kelsey B.
I feel like everyone got this for Christmas because I am seeing everyone with one lol!

So for starters, lets not forget what the Kindle originally was for - reading. I think a lot of people expect it to have qualities of an iPad and to some extent, it does. It's a very nice tablet with ability to download ebooks, movies, apps and you can surf the web. There is a camera but the quality is a bit poor (good thing I did not buy this product for the camera). I found it very easy to use and it was pretty quick as well! Highly recommend if you're looking for something small but great quality!
Staci F.
Ada, OK
We bought three of these for our kids for Christmas this year and they have been an absolute hit! They come with tons of preloaded apps, are extremely easy to use, and the best part is the ability to set up parental controls.
Amanda D.
Livonia, MI
I think it says a lot about this product that I asked for it for Christmas, and less than 2 months later I decided to sell it. It was so slow, it froze. I was so used to the iPad that this was a huge disappointment. As you can tell from all of my reviews, I'm a bit of an Apple freak. However, I truly believe the quality of their product surpasses all others.
Tayla T.
Estill Spgs, TN
I'm so happy I ordered this tablet for my toddler last Christmas. I paid a low price, around $50, and recieved it quickly with it in perfect condition. I got a bright orange one and ordered a durable case with it. He uses it every week. Whether it be educational games, toy review videos on YouTube, or just his color pad, he loves his tablet. Also, for anyone who says technology is bad for children, my child is developmentally behind and usually wears hearing aides for moderate hearing loss, this tablet has improved his motor skills vastly and has also strengthened his vocabulary.
Jen M.
Cape Coral , FL
Got these for my children since they drop most devices and these cost less and it doesn't hurt as much if the my destroy them. Surprisingly these things can take a beating. They have been dropped, dragged across the floor, stepped on and no cracks and still working.
Rachel C.
Coaling, AL
This is a must have for all 4 of my kids on long car trips or vacation. They hook their headphones and play music and games without disturbing anyone or arguing over the radio. Even give my husband and me time and quietness to talk on the car ride. The downside is the memory not nearly enough when you put movies on them.
Laura S.
Round Rock, TX
Love it! It's great to travel with. I can watch movies and work as well. I think the IPAD may be better than this one but I think for a reader and movies I think the Kindle beats the Apple on that. I don't use it a lot. But I'm happy when I do. I would recommend this product to anyone!
Ashley S.
Lompoc, CA
All my kids have a  kindle fire. I love that i can restrict content on their sign in with Amazon freetime. I love that everything is age appropriate and that i can allow them to be on the internet or not. I love that the new fires have expandable memories.
Emily D.
Marshfield, WI
Anyone else have trouble finding cases to fit this size? I have purchased cases that literally say they will fit this and then don't. I'm not sure what to do! I would really love a case with a keyboard.
Brenda V.
How good is it for kids i