Amazon - Fire Hd - 7" - 8GB - Black

BY AMAZON #13 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD - 7" - 8GB - Black see more...

• Dasdsa1 Answers
  • Can any one tell me where I can find cute covers for sale...6 Answers
  • Does anyone have favorite apps or suggestions? I'm always...4 Answers
Amazon - Fire Hd - 7
Amazon - Fire Hd - 7" - 8GB - Black
Veronica C.
Los Angeles, CA
I actually have the pink one and i love the super bright hot pink color.
I am so in love with my kindle, i mainly use it for school, personal readings, and the occasional social networking. Its perfect for school because I can leave it in my backpack for days without charging it and when i need it for class, it's still charged! So the long battery life is super convenient.
It's also super durable. I'm super clumsy and accidentally drop my electronics all the time and my kindle has been dropped and thrown around while in my backpack so many times and it hasn't broken or even stopped working.
The major con: Those measly 8GB it has. I bought the 8GB one without thinking because i was so excited about getting a tablet so cheap but i totally wish i would have spend some more money on a Kindle with more memory because I can't have all my pictures and music in it because it eats up all my space. And these kindles don't have a memory card port or external memory option to add more GB to it.

Bottom line: definitely buy a Kindle if you're a clumsy forgetful person like me but invest in buying one with more memory space!
Brianca G.
Kingman, AZ
I like the performance on the tablet.My overall experience with Amazon has been great.The only thing I don't like is that if the screen is broken,most of its function is gone and impossible to operate.The cost to get it repaired is twice as much as getting a brand new tablet which is not even worth it.
Heather K.
Wallace, MI
For basic functionality, this tablet does very good. Netflix and YouTube videos are super smooth and crisp, no lag at all. Everything loads quickly, I've had no issue with crashing. However, Kindles do have certain restrictions. You are absolutely tied to the Amazon App Store. Want an app that's only on Google Play? Or an app you love isn't being updated on Amazon (looking at you, tumblr)? Too bad. Don't like the ads being displayed as soon as you turn your tablet on? Gotta pay $15 to remove them. Want to import/export files on a micro SD? Sorry, no can do as there is no micro SD slot at all.

For the price you are paying, the restrictions for me make up the rest of the price I would pay for, say, a Samsung tablet. I would rather pay more but get a fully "open" tablet (and with a bigger screen and storage!).

Also, the battery. My Kindle is coming on one year old, I have never overcharged the battery and make a point at least once a month to fully charge it, yet the battery drains very fast even while only reading. About three hours starting at 100% and I need to charge the battery.

Though it works as intended - I can browse the internet and use most social media sites with ease - I can with conviction say that my next tablet will not be a Kindle.
Shanna C.
Fisherville , Ky
We actually bought 8 of these right before Christmas for eight of our children, ages 4-15. They were thrilled with our purchase, and because we purchased at a sale price, so were we!

Five months later, I have to admit, not all of the Kindle Fires have survived the wear and tear our youngest kiddos have put on them. Unfortunately, we have had three that had the power socket break off in the device and was no longer able to be charged. Only one cracked screen and we didn't invest in any protective cases, so I consider that near miraculous.

Nevertheless, for the price I would absolutely recommend the product. Our kids have had endless hours of reading ebooks, watching Prime and Netflix (we subscribe to both), and playing on free apps. These tablets were cheap enough that everyone could have their own, which means Mom doesn't have to referee arguments or diagram time charts. So, in short, Worth. Every. Penny.
Katelyn A.
Techie Expert Level 2
Great display, but was not impressed with the functionality of this device. Setup felt overly complicated and the add-on bloatware is ridiculous. Gave this as a gift after doing a lot of research and the receipt ended returning it.
Tara M.
Shillington , PA
Works perfect. Easy set up. Easy to use. Love being able to switch between reading and surfing the web although I mainly use for reading. Doesn't have a ton of weight to it so I can hold for hours reading.
Abbey K.
Waukesha, WI
For someone like me, who is primarily a reader, this is an amazing tablet. I have Amazon Prime, and I also use this to watch movies through Amazon, as well as the Netflix app, and TV shows and movies on the Hulu app. The sound is impressive, as well as the graphics. I've had my tablet for a few years now and other than the charging cable getting loose, it's still going just like new. I use it obsessively (probably read at least 3 books a week, and stream anywhere from 10-30 hours a month, as well as using it for a considerable amount of time surfing the Internet). I would say that Internet surfing is its one weakness - it is VERY slow, and then is very slow to reload its contents when you finish and go back to the home screen. Overall, much less expensive than comparable tablets and I think it blows most out of the water for what *I* want it to do.
Gabrielle m.
Mcdonough, GA
I know it may seem like I just love all of my products but that's not the case. The Amazon Fire I've had the first gen and second gen and the Hd's are awesome. HD came out first, Amazon finally decided to give their tablet a camera. The main reason I keep my Kindle is because of their evil feature I love the way it makes the book read. I have Google Nexus and I have an Amazon Kindle app it's just not the same. I have the app on my phone you know you don't really get the black out back screen I guess of the Kindle so I keep it for my ereading experience. The new design of the HD is Sleek than the boxy design of the original Kindle Fire so I would highly recommend it.
Carol L.
I love this Kindle. I bought it originally thinking that I'd ONLY use it for the books that I could not get in print. Now I use it for everything -- just like my desktop computer; just on a smaller platform.

I dislike the fact that I cannot use some of the regular websites and have to use the mobile sites, but I do have my desktop if I should really need the full site.

I love the fact that I finally changed my mind about e-books. I swore that I'd never purchase one. I just wished that there was some space or place to keep the books instead of having to delete them.
Terry D.
Tallahassee, FL
I am very pleased with my Amazon Fire. The quality is very good for the price. I've paid more for android tablets and the would freeze and need to be reset within a month of purchase. It is excellent for a teenager or even younger. It has safety features to make sure your young ones are not going to sites you don't want them to. It has a camera/video and basically does everything you need a tablet to do. And again the price is unbelievable. And when you want to upgrade you can and the price is still a fraction of other big name tablets.
Marlene C.
Paris, TX
Techie Expert Level 2
Can any one tell me where I can find cute covers for sale for the tablet ?
Kayla M.
Hampton, VA
Does anyone have favorite apps or suggestions? I'm always looking for more!
Dasdsa