Amazon - Fire Hd - 6

Amazon - Fire Hd - 6" - 16GB - Black

BY AMAZON #24 in Tablets

Amazon - Fire HD - 6" - 16GB - Black see more...

Amazon - Fire Hd - 6
Amazon - Fire Hd - 6" - 16GB - Black
Lyndsay E.
Glendale, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
My boyfriend got me this gift for Christmas! It's so easy to use and great for taking on the airplane. I love being able to access all my Kindle books in one place and read them so easily. It has just enough storage for my needs as well.
Candice R.
Huntington , WV
Techie Expert Level 1

If you were to buy a 16Gb model, and equip it with a 32GB micro-SD card, you'd have 16GB internal space (minus whatever space the operating system and pre-installed apps require) + roughly 32 GB of external storage (it's a tad less than that due to the way formatting works). But here's the caveat: As previously mentioned, apps (or at least a portion of them) MUST reside on your internal storage. You can instruct the device to free up internal storage space by moving apps onto your micro-SD card (note: some apps don't give you this option), but doing so only moves a portion of the app onto the micro-SD card, key components of the app must still reside on the built-in internal storage. Slap a lot of apps or even just a few games (which are notorious for consuming internal storage) and that built-in storage will fill up rather quickly. I originally purchased a 7" Fire w/8GB of internal storage, and quickly discovered that my micro-SD card was great for storing content, such as my personal videos and photos, but limiting in that I still needed to keep a significant portion of all my installed apps on the built-in, internal storage, and those portions added up rather quickly. If I had known this limitation before I bought my first Kindle Fire, I would have opted to get more internal storage at the point of sale. I recently upgraded my 7" Kindle Fire to an 8" one. This time, I opted for the 32GB model, and a 128GB micro-SD card and I have no regrets.
Christine C.
I got this on sale over the Black Friday weekend, and it's decent for the price I paid. I also have had an iPad for a few years, so I may be spoiled but I feel like the Amazon Fire HD 6" has a much slower response time to touch commands. There's quite a lag, which becomes increasingly more noticeable with more memory being used up. Also, though it promises 16gb, you don't get nearly that much; there are no options to increase the memory via SD drives, etc. However, the resolution is quite crisp (great for streaming Netflix, even on the Medium quality setting), and there seem to be more free apps than iOS. There are less apps overall compared to iOS, but I feel like there are a lot more apps that are free that are charged on the iOS platform, plus there are often offers to download a free game in exchange for getting some currency amount you can use on Amazon (each deal differs so it may be limited to Amazon music only or shopping or Amazon TV). Overall, it's nice and light, making it a portable option for light use. But if you have the money, I'd go for an iPad mini.
Jennifer D.
Sandy, UT
Kindle fire tablets are awesome! I love the reasonable prices the most. I wanted to purchase a tablet for my daughter who is eleven and my nephews who are 3 , 5, and 7. I did a lot of research into what tablet would be the best and I ended up getting fire tablets for the boys and an iPad Air 2 for my daughter so while I liked the iPad's features and screen size iPads are INCREDIBLY expensive and I felt that if I got an iPad for them it would be a deal where every time they tried to use it I would be like oh be careful and don't be too rough, almost like I wouldn't even want them to touch it and they would have to share one between all three of them, I researched the kindle fire and found that tablet to be a much more reasonable price, and the best part? The kindle fire can do anything the iPad can do, I ended up getting three kindle fire tablets and I paid less for those three tablets all together than I did for the one iPad for my daughter! So now they each have their own tablets and they can use them without me hovering over them and freaking out telling them to be careful, definitely an excellent buy!!
Emily H.
San diego, Ca
This tablet is amazing, especially for the price. We ordered it on Amazon and it arrived very quickly. I love that it's an Amazon tablet, I use it for all my Amazon shopping, and also it's connected to Bluetooth to control the blue tooth speakers in our home. It's a great size, bigger than a phone, but still small enough to take with you if you wanted to use it on a road trip or an airplane ride. My only complaint is that the tablet itself doesn't have a lot of internal storage space so you will eventually have to buy an SD card so your tablet can hold more apps and have a larger storage capabilities. We use ours all the time, and it's a much better deal than any other Tablet we looked at.
Nichole D.
Ontario, CA
Save your money and save up for something else.
While cheap it comes with some major flaws.
As an e reader it's okay, but as with most tablets you can't read outdoors. If your looking for an e reader I would suggest the other version of kindle.
As a tablet it's a complete fail. It's slow and glitchy. I pull out my phone or old iPad if I need a tablet.
This probably won't bother some but unless you pay extra there are ads on your lockscreen. It bothers me but I guess you get what you pay for.
I've had mine for about a year and Ive only used it a handful of time. Waste of money.
Cailee D.
Applegate, MI
I got this kindle as a gift in 2014 and so far it has not let me down. I love that it is not super huge but is also not too small. The screen resolution is great. As far as it goes for reading books- it isn't bad either for the price. The only thing I wish that the camera was better or if it had a flash, but it isn't enough to change the rating. Storage seems to be great. I have many apps, books, pictures, and videos on mine and I still have a lot of memory to go. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an eReader tablet!
Lisa W.
I love my Kindle Fire! The only complaint I have is that the battery doesn't last long. I mainly use it to get in the Internet, YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, Amazon, etc.... And to read e-books, of course. I only wish Amazon would let you pay month- to-month for Prime instead of making you pay for it all at once. That's not really the Kindle's fault, though. It's Amazon's. I love that I can store my books in my cloud instead of taking up space on my Kindle. Overall, I definitely love my Kindle Fire!
Janelle A.
I got this Amazon fire 6 to read books on. The battery is great and I like the fact that it's just like a tablet. It holds my books and there's also room to download games so my nephews have something to play with they visit. The screen isn't the biggest but you can still watch your favorite shows on it with no problem. It's the perfect size for taking on the go as well. It fits in my inside coat pocket and the small front zipper pocket of my bookbag. Great product :)
Jasmine S.
So I got the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 as one of my graduation gifts since I was the only person in the family without a tablet. At first I didn't do much of anything on it besides watch YouTube videos. Then I started browsing the App Store looking for games and apps. Now I don't leave the house without it I have a few games, an adult coloring book (which is a great deal considering how much they cost in art supply stores), and what's a kindle with out a few good reads I'm currently re-reading "The Coldest Winter Ever". I also do some shopping on it when I can't find products and items in stores.
I love my Fire HD!!!!
Colleen G.
Phoenix, AZ
If you were considering buying the amazon fire stick (I don't see anywhere to leave this review)--DON'T! it's absolutely terrible. Do yourself a favor and get an Apple TV instead. Fire stick is NOT worth the savings, that is for sure!
Maryam A.
Chicago , IL
Techie Expert Level 3
Well this is for fire hd tablet not the stick