BY AMAZON

Using the same voice recognition and voice control features of the Amazon Echo but in a slim, low profile design, the Echo Dot (2nd Generation) can control smart home devices, stream audio from a smartphone, and bring the Alexa Voice Service to any room. see more...

Buy on Target*
freddy s.
Redlands, CA
Alexa/Echo is great. She turns on and of my lights with just a voice command. Sets alarms for me to wake up or even reminder.
Megan W.
I wish I could afford enough of these and the electric plug add on to add almost everything in my house to it.
Maria A.
Marion, VA
I love my echo dot, Alexa. She is efficient and way more intelligent and capable than Siri or Cortana. She can do simple things from answering questions to mixing music or making purchases and controlling your home- lights, ac/heat, timers etc. You will use her more than you will realize. She will become a part of your family.
Shaz S.
Latham, NY
Love this product. Still bugs I assume that that need to be corrected by Amazon. But overall a superb addition to my house.
Laurl S.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I use this for everything from a timer in the kitchen and a grocery list maker to getting news and answers to random questions. It beats Siri by a mile!!!
Christine K.
Traverse City, MI
The sound quality compared to the standard echo was not as good. The thing that makes this product a win though is that it's small and affordable. I have it hooked up in my bedroom and I don't use it very often except for maybe playing soft music for sleeping.

It would be great if I had a setup in the bedroom to control the lights like I do in my living room.
Robin L.
Germantown, TN
I thought about purchasing this for myself but didn't really want to part with $50 for another toy. To my surprise, my spouse's boss gave a Amazon Echo Dot to each spouse for Christmas to "make our lives easier." I was so excited and fell in love immediately. It was so easy to set up and it can do so much...I've only tapped into a fraction of what it can do. Right now we primarily use it for an alarm, to ask about the weather and listen to music while getting ready. We have our Nest thermostat connected and I am able to ask Alexis to change the temperature. I absolutely love my Dot...so much so that I purchased one for my daughter and my boss ended up buying one for herself after I told her about and showed her mine.
Jody W.
Penticton, BC
Fun product but still has some kinks to work out. For playing music this is not the way to go but if you want it to run your smart home tech you can't go wrong. So much fun to play with. Thinking we will pick up a 2nd one for our upstairs
Joan R.
England
The Echo Dot is like a normal-sized Echo that's been stepped on by an elephant. Alright, not quite - an Echo that'd been stepped on by an elephant would be a mess of broken plastic and wires. But you get the idea. It's been squashed down so that from the top it looks identical but side on there's just less to it.All that's really gone is the big Echo's big speaker; while the Dot does have one, it's much smaller in size and is correspondingly less powerful.On top you get four controls: volume up and down, a microphone silencer button that stops Alexa from listening to your every word and an action button that doesn't do an awful lot. Almost all of your interaction with it will be done via voice control, and that's fine.
Gen O.
Stansted, Essex
As the first "Smart Device" that uses voice control to be in our house, the Echo Dot is one of the best things we have ever bought. "Alexa" is fast responding and mostly efficient, however, sometimes she can claim not to be able to do things when she clearly reads back to you the instructions you gave her, maybe even sometimes when she had completed those tasks before. Overall I think that the Echo Dot is a great product and I have no doubt that as time goes on, she will become more efficient and powerful.
Maria A.
Marion, VA
What is the best feature of the echo dot?
Jayme Y.
geneseo , NY
What is this!?
Joan R.
England
Amazon Echo Hello I was wondering if I would be able to review this please thank you