BY AMAZON

Using the same voice recognition and voice control features of the Amazon Echo but in a slim, low profile design, the Echo Dot (2nd Generation) can control smart home devices, stream audio from a smartphone, and bring the Alexa Voice Service to any room.

• Is this compatible with other Bluetooth speakers?2 Answers
  • Is it loud without the speaker that the original Echo has...2 Answers
  • Are you able to link an IPhone to the Echo? 5 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Jude K.
Pros: Bluetooth.
Works without Bluetooth.
Fits in your hand.
Searches the web, tells jokes, tells facts, weather, and much more.
You can tell it to skip songs, pause and play. It plays music from Pandora, Amazon music or wherever you'd like.

Cons: not portable because it consistently has to be plugged in.
Not very loud once so ever.
Won't completely be capatiable with my TV. Only turns it off. Nothing else.

It's worth paying $20 MAYBE $30 for but definitely not $40 to $60.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
I received Kohl's cash in turn for a review on what I purchase! This was on sale for $29.99 for black friday. Down from $49.99, honestly a great deal! I love our new echo! It was so easy to set up, and since it's so small it doesn't take up a bunch of space! my husband uses one as an alarm clock in the room. And we have one in the kitchen. It makes lists for me, so being a busy mom I don't always have time to write a food item we need down, and then I'll forget. This makes shopping list so easy!!! and it plays music, which is nice not having to pull up Pandora on a device, this is so quick and easy, no effort at all. when you tell her good morning she will tell you a little fact about the day, which I thought was cool! I love when I can't figure out what to make for dinner she gives recipes and will send them to your phone! I'm definitely still getting used to it, but it's such a fun New gadget to have in our home!  i totally recommend this product!! #GiveJoy #KohlsHoliday #kohlscash #ad #contest Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) @Kohls @Influenster
Thank you Kohl's and influenster!!
Luna L.
Miami Beach, FL
I LOVE my amazon Alexa. She is entertaining and funny. She is so helpful, and can do so many things. Here are a few to try:

Tell my a joke
Sing me a song
What do you think of Siri?
Merry Chrismas
How old are you?

My only complaint is that sometimes it is hard to connect it to the WiFi. Also, it takes a couple minutes to turn on after it has been unplugged.

Overall, I am happy with my Alexa.

I suggest the dot over the version with a built in speaker because you can buy an additional speaker for your dot for less money.
Molly W.
San Antonio
I really enjoy my echo dot. It can help me make lists, play music on Pandora, and tell me the time when I'm not near a clock (and now I'm realizing how truly lazy I am).
A big thing my family and I like to do is play Jeopardy, and I think this is the best game Echo has to offer.
Some minor gripes I have is that sometimes it doesn't connect well to the Internet. Also, it makes some noises without prompting, making me feel like the FBI is using it to listen to me (and now I'm realizing how truly paranoid I am).
Paula P.
Bridge City
After buying the Alexa Echo and being so pleased , I purchased the Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) . I got it from Amazon on sale which made me happy. I have a fairly large house so putting this dot in the back part of my house has made using Alexa easier. I love that I just have to ask Alexa to set an alarm for the morning and I don’t have to mess with an alarm clock anymore. Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
Brittany C.
Champions Gt, FL
I got my Echo Dot the other day and I am so happy I did. Was a total justified person and she helps me with so much. I continue to learn new things that she can do from quotes of the day, to making my grocery list, playing music types, and even playing games with me. She is my go to gal for when I need to keep up to date, be organized, and if I just need some quiet time listening to music. She is worth the buy in my opinion.
Michelle V.
Davie
I love this little echo dot.  We live in a two bedroom two bath apartment and we have the dot in our bedroom.  I can ask Alexa a question from the living room and she can hear me. For a little device she is loud.  I can play music from the bedroom and hear the music throughout the whole house. She also has a sense on humor .... just ask her to sing you a song lol
Rayna S.
Phoenix, AZ
I own three myself and after having them in my house for now 4 months, I love the Dot!! Just ordered one for my niece for Xmas and am convinced she will love it! For anyone that has Amazon Prime, the Dot is the perfect fit for your home! Using Alexa, I can play music, control lighting, order things from Amazon, get fun facts, weather, all sorts of updates and much more.
Amy P.
Springfield
I don’t personally find my Amazon Echo Dot extremely useful, but I can see how others do. It’s great for use as a speaker, or to ask for conversions while cooking (especially if your hands are covered in something). Occasionally the Echo Dot will misinterpret what I say, or think I’m talking to it when I’m not, or hear a phrase on the television and start interacting.
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
Techie Expert Level 1
I purchased this little gadget as a bundle deal from Amazon. I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not but considering the price I figured why not. I was super surprised how much I LOVE it! It’s my weather reporter, my random question answerer and even my radio.
Melissa R.
Are you able to link an IPhone to the Echo?
Joia M.
Elkins Park, PA
I don't have a smart home- what are some fun things I can start with to make the best use of my new toy?
Crystal R.
Saint Louis, MO
Other than playing music, what are some of the things you can use this for if you do not have smart home accessories?
Kierstyn P.
Colorado Spgs, CO
What exactly does it do for you? What kind of things can you ask of it. Can you run your firestick with it?
Marissa R.
Orlando, FL
I just got this for Christmas. What do u like about it. How do u have it control your lights? If it needs special light bulbs are they expensive? Is there anything else cool it can do?