Amazon Echo

by Amazon

Is this expensive? [user:smileyriley]
I have the Amazon Echo, but want Amazon Spot. What are the pros and cons?
Are you able to use this on your console ?
Start your review of Amazon Echo!
How would you rate this product?
Leavenworth, KS
I have enjoyed using my Amazon Echo, but I don't feel it really lives up the the hype... Yet. It is constantly improving, however, which is pretty amazing. It's a great speaker and is very handy if you have integrated smart technologies into your home (e.g., smart lightbulbs, thermostat). However, it has some frustrating limitations. Today, for example, I was making brownies. I asked "Alexa" to set an alarm for 40 minutes. At some point I asked Alexa how much time was left on the timer. "About 10 minutes" was the answer. I wanted to know exactly how much time was left, and I asked for this information every way that I could think of, but I got the same answer every time "About 10 minutes". I do think it is going to improve over time and that it's a good investment.
Peyton, CO
The only reason I gave Alexa 4 stars is simply because I don't use her enough..;). This is the cutest product. She answers all our curious questions at the drop of a hat. It's a great entertainment piece and our guests love her. She plays all our songs from our Playlist and she is quick to answer our weather status. Wasn't sure about her when my husband bought her but live her now! There are occasions when she doesn't recognize what we have said or asked of her but for the most part she is spot on. We had no trouble getting her hooked up and working. Fun product.
Yeadon, PA
I love my Alexa! She really is a personal assistant. She also encourages my toddler to talk more because he loves talking to her...granted I did have to cancel the order he placed (which was ironically enough another echo); but as long as you are checking your emails you will be able to catch errors like that. I can have her wake me up, turn down my lights and even read a kindle ebook to me as I work from home. Plus I like saying " the night is dark and full of terrors" to her. She isn't perfect but she is better than any personal assistant app.
Bonneau, SC
Love my Amazon Echo! Alexa is the coolest concept and allows life to be easy! I reorder my Amazon orders through my Echo, play music, and get funny jokes every morning! Higher price point but definitely worth the money!
Hunlock Creek
so great! the sound is incredible and is very convenient! easy to bring along with you on a trip except it has to be plugged into an outlet! I really enjoy using my echo!
Love the echo. It is a great addition to the home. My kids love to ask Alexa to tell them a joke. I use it to set timers, find out the weather, hear the news, but mostly to listen to music. The sound quality is great. On the downside there are a lot of questions it can't answer. It is supposed to be able to search Bing but I have found it has a hard time with that. I find myself asking the same question a LOT before Alexa understands what I have said . Overall, it is a great product.
Macon
Techie Expert Level 1
I'm not fond of the Amazon Echo simply because it does have a lot of glitches and it seems to listen in on a lot more conversations then I intended when I bought it
The Colony , TX
Techie Expert Level 2
I love my amazon echo. Alexa is smart and does a lot more than play music. It's easy to set a timer when cooking or make a shopping list. One warning: Alexa does randomly hear her name and will either say she didn't understand you or think you asked about something random. I know because I was watching TV alone at home one night and Alexa started talking about the devil. She scared the crap out of me but it was still very funny.
Andover, MN
While I never would have bought this (hubby did), I really like this. I ask Akexa all sorts of things, from weather forecasts, to news, to the scores of games. I also love that this can play millions of songs out of prime music if you are a prime member. My sons and I have regular dance parties in the kitchen while they call out asking Alexa to play songs. It's a handy thing to have around, though she tells terrible jokes when asked. :)
Great Neck, NY
I don't know how I ever got along without my Echo. I have it connected to my window air conditioner unit (it needs to be an old style one with manual dials) and can tell Alexa to "turn on the AC". I have it connected to my Hue bulbs and tell Alexa to "turn on the lights". I connected it to Spotify and can ask Alexa to play just about any song I can think of. And of course, I can ask Alexa questions like "how's the weather", "what's the Yankee score", "what's the latest news", and so on. From time to time it'll have difficulty picking up my voice but I'd say 95% of the time she gets it spot on.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Ventress, LA
7 months ago
I have the Amazon Echo, but want Amazon Spot. What are the pros and cons?
Mashal M. • 5 months ago
Get the new echo show instead. Its cheaper & has a bigger screen. The spot looks cute but that’s it! He show can do everything the spot can but with a bigger screen and for less
Union City, NJ
2 years ago
Who else uses the Amazon Echo & what are somethings you find it useful for?
Ashley R. • 2 years ago
The shopping list feature is my favorite! Setting timers for cooking, kids homework etc. i love that it reads me the news in the morning. And the fun facts/jokes are my kids favorite.