BY ALVITA

No herb was more revered by American Indians than the versatile Golden Seal (Hydrastis canadensis). Once flourishing in the moist, rich woodlands of the Northeast, they called it "yellow root" and used the brilliant golden juice extracted from its roots as an ornamental dye for their clothes and weapons, a paint for their faces, and for its health benefits. Early settlers adopted the use of Golden Seal and it quickly became a mainstay of American folk medicine. The name Golden Seal comes from the yellow scars left on the rhizome of the stem that bursts from every spring; these scars look like the imprint of an old-fashioned letter seal. Golden Seal is a very difficult and sensitive plant to grow and requires five years for roots to become mature. Since 1922, Alvita has been making the finest herb teas money can buy. Pure, natural singles and blends that bring you unsurpassed enjoyment, healthful benefits and complete satisfaction. No less reassuring is our unwavering commitment to the environment. Today, no herb tea company goes as far to protect the Earth and its precious resources - this package and its contents being testimony. There is no plastic shrink wrap on the outside. The box is 100% recycled board that can be recycled again. The finish is water-based. Our tea bags are English Pillow Style, with no strings, tags or staples attached. Even the tea bag paper is recyclable. And all our bags are oxygen bleached, not chlorine bleached, to safeguard you and our ground water. Degradable. Recyclable. Reusable. The key component of each is the word "able". At Alvita, we wholeheartedly believe we are all able to play a key role in preserving the wondrous world we live in. For us, it starts with offering you the most environmentally safe and responsible herb teas possible. see more...

Renee B.
Renee B.
Delphi, IN
Foodie Expert
I have to admit I love this tea. a friend had made some and I was very quick to ask what kind it was. the flavor was clean and crisp. no nasty after taste. Got to love friends that share their secrets!!
Tina S.
Tina S.
Richland, WA
The flavor is crisp and clean, I love this tea. Personally I shoot for organic lovely tea, and I'm always in the market picking up a box of this and it's other friends by alvita. make sure you steep it in nearly bowled water for about 6-7minutes to really get the flavors. yummy
Scarlet E.
Scarlet E.
Glendora, CA
I always drink goldenseal tea when I feel a cold coming on and it makes my cold shorter! Good to have around the house and this is the cheapest brand, and it doesn't have any other weird ingredients! The taste is a little strange if you haven't had it before, but I like to add a little agave or maple syrup!
Samantha G.
Samantha G.
Love this brand of teas! They are always high quality. You can trust the content.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Mount Juliet, TN
Great for sipping on cold nights and mornings! Good for making your body warm!
vanessa c.
vanessa c.
Love it, not top bitter but great to started off the day. Good flvor I'd reckoned this