BY ALVITA

Natural Herb Teas That Are Good For You And The Environment. Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Is A Perennial Herb Indigenous To Greece, Italy, Spain, Syria, Iraq And Southern China. The Root Penetrates Deeply Into The Ground And Is The Part Of The Herb That Contains An Abundance Of Valuable Properties. The Botanical Name For Licorice Comes From The Greek Glykys (Sweet) And Rhiza (Root), Meaning Sweet Root. The Root Yields A Substance Known As Glycyrrhizin Or Glycyrrhizic Acid Which Is 50 Times As Sweet As Sugar Cane. Caffeine Free English Pillow Style Tea Bags That Are Oxygen Bleached, Not Chlorine Tested No Strings Or Staples The Use Of Licorice Dates Back To The Ancient Times. Archeologists Found Great Quantities Of Licorice Stored Among The Fabulous Jewelry And Art Treasures Found In The 3000 Year-Old Tomb Of King Tut. This Was Done To Enable The Departed To Prepare A Sweet Drink Called Mai Sus In The Next World. It Is Still Favorite Beverage Among The Egyptians Today. see more...

Juliette L.
Brooklyn, NY
If you have low blood pressure but coffee gives you anxiety, licorice root tea is a great thing to drink. I get so week from low blood pressure and I started drinking these and it changed my life. Seriously. Then again not everybody has low blood pressure. I love this brand. Every cup taste smooth and woody. Which I like. I guess it is a little bitter but I love that and it is mostly on the sweet side.
Cia W.
Middletown, CT
Considering I don't really like the taste of licorice this wasn't bad. I take it for the healing benefits but I would really recommend because the taste is strong and it's acquired. I wouldn't buy it again but it does get the job done
Heather F.
Marietta, OH
These tea bags are well made and organic. I wanted to try something new, since I have cut caffeine from my diet. I just didn't really like the taste very well, but that's my own opinion.