by Alterna

Which hair type is it good for?
✔ Straight
✔ Wavy
✔ Curly
✔ Coiled
✔ Tightly Coiled

What it is:
A triple-action, triple-use concentrate that repairs, protects, and seals damaged hair and split ends in one step.

Key benefits:
- Repairs, protects, and seals damaged hair
- Reduces breakage up to 99 percent
- Use on wet or dry hair, or mix into any Caviar conditioner

If you want to know more…
This three-in-one sealing serum is designed to be a proactive and reactive powerhouse for damaged and aging hair. The triple-action concentrated formula consists of a biomimetic amino acid/lipid blend that imitates those naturally found in hair to help repair, protect, and seal strands at their core. Formulated with caviar bond enforcing technology, this serum intuitively targets and seals cracks and fissures in the hair surface to help transform hair. This product is clinically proven to significantly smooth hair, while reducing breakage and split ends up to 99 percent.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Sulfates

What else you need to know:
Inspired by the Science of Skincare for Hair®, Caviar Anti-Aging is Alterna’s first comprehensive line of hair care products that address intrinsic (natural aging process), chemical, and environmental aging by infusing hair with the finest, most effective ingredients to restore hydration, strength, vibrancy, and elasticity for more youthful-looking hair. Every product contains pure caviar from the roe of non-endangered sturgeon fish, sustainably farmed in France. This product is rich in vitamins, minerals, and omega fatty acids that help restore hair's lipid layer creating healthier, younger-looking hair.

This product is suitable for color-treated hair and free of added SLS/SLES, DEA/TEA, and synthetic color.

How to Use

Suggested Usage:
-As a leave-in or finisher, apply to clean damp or dry hair and style as usual.
-Start with a small amount and increase as needed.

-To transform your conditioner into a repairing masque:
-Mix two to three pumps with any Alterna conditioner.
-Apply on wet hair and let sit for three minutes.
-Rinse.

Precautions:
-For external use only.
-Avoid eye contact.

Ingredients

-Caviar Extract: Restores moisture, elasticity, and shine to hair.
-Caviar Bond Enforcing Technology: Seals hair cuticles that have been damaged through chemical processes or physical stress, and smooths out the hair fiber.
-Age-Control-Complex®: Prevents damage and encourages micro-circulation to undo the effects of chemical, environmental, and natural chronological aging.
-Phytantriol: Helps prevent mechanical damage that can lead to breakage and split ends, reduces any color fading, and infuses moisture into the hair.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Isododecane, Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Pearl Powder, Caviar Extract, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Phytantriol, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Polyquaternium-7, Fibroin, Polyquaternium-70, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Superoxide Dismutase, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Water/Aqua/ Eau, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Succinic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Limonene, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

About the Brand

ALTERNA HAIRCARE

Always staying one step ahead of the hair care pack, Alterna has developed a line of breakthrough hair products infusing high-quality ingredients with cutting-edge technology. Classifying their methods as "science of skincare for hair," Alterna has pioneered the use of many innovative ingredients, including THC-free hemp seed oil, Italian white truffle oil, and caviar. Stylists and other industry professionals have long favored their assortment of luxurious, sulfate-free (and often vegan) products. Motivated by their desire to treat any and all hair issues, Alterna continues to develop fresh solutions for everyday needs, like replenishing thinning hair, restoring with antiaging products, taming unruly strands, and more. And thanks to their passion, their products actually deliver results, not just promises.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of ALTERNA® HAIRCARE CAVIAR Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair 3-in-1 Sealing Serum!
Salem, OR
This. Was. AWFUL. The directions instruct that it can be used on damp hair after showering as a leave-in or it can be used in conjunction with a conditioner as an in-shower deep conditioning mask, so I tried it both ways. I initially used it as a leave-in serum and it really didn't seem to do anything to make my hair look or feel better and in fact (besides smelling nice--the only pro to this product for me) it almost made my hair feel a little too oily even though I only used a conservative amount. Next I tried mixing some of the serum in with my normal conditioner and proceeded to rinse it out--as I normally would--a few minutes later but it felt difficult to rinse out and even in the shower my hair just felt "heavy" and weighed down, which was a really odd sensation. Brushing it off and thinking that maybe it was really just my hair feeling extra-hydrated I proceeded to air dry my hair for several minutes and then blow-dry it, which is my normal styling routine but it was immediately apparent that my hair both looked and felt absolutely GREASY. My hair is fairly normal and leaning towards slightly dry on any given day but my hair literally looked oily as though I hadn't washed it for a week or two and it also felt awful. My schedule wouldn't allow me to try and immediately rewash my hair (although it crossed my mind) and I honestly had to triple-shampoo my hair later that evening to try and remove all of the serum. I would not recommend this for individuals especially with fine hair that tends to get weighed down easily although maybe people with thicker, curlier hair will appreciate this. Kudos to those who can make it work for them--I can't.
Glen St Mary, FL
I've used this about 4 times now. Every time I've used it, I have noticed a slight difference in the amount of frizz I have and moisture. It also adds shine. I have very fine, thick hair that is shoulder length. I only used about a half to a whole pump of the product and while I did notice results, I also noticed my hair getting oily feeling after 2-3 days with the Alterna brand products. The serum has more of a gel-like texture, so I was a little hesitant but overall the results are okay.
Oxnard, CA
I really love this serum. The smell is amazing. Kind of citrusy and sweet. I have bleached blonde frizzy hair that’s wavy/curly. I use this serum on damp hair and it makes my hair so shiny and smooth after air drying. There is no frizz at all. I’ve also used this before blow drying and my hair looks so shiny and healthy. It also seems to cut the dry time. I would definitely recommend and buy this again.
New Orleans, LA
Got lucky & found this on sale for $10. Bottle didn’t last as long as I would’ve liked but I also used it religiously. I’m holding out on second bottle just in case it goes on sale again. I used it with conditioner in shower & after on damp hair. This completely changed hair appearance, dry time, styling time, and brittleness. Must have!!!
I liked this product but was a little confused with the directions as they are not direct. I think you can use in either dry or wet hair but I have only applied it with damp hair. I noticed my hair felt softer and more silky than usually after I used this. I also like the scent it wasn’t overpowering or chemically smelling.
Rochester, NY
This is AMAZING. I don’t normally want to spring for the cost of salon quality products, but I would buy this in the future. It makes my hair feel so healthy. I live in the Northeast and the changing of weather tends to dry my hair out. This has helped to save my hair with the change of season! I will be buying again.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
This serum is awesome. I just use a small amount and it makes a huge difference with my hair. I have course hair but I still use half to one pump depending on how my hair is and it smooths it out. It smells nice and the packaging is sleek and easy to hold. Overall it's great.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
I have pretty fine hair & this product works the best for making my hair feel thicker and looking healthier , tried pureology 21 benefits didnt like it. This really makes your hair look a million times better. Just wish it wasn't so much but you get what you pay for .
Brooklyn, NY
I’ve never really used serums before so I was scared this would be heavy on the hair but it was perfect. My hair has been really dry lately and this was just the thing I needed. My hair is curly/ wavy and slightly coarse. I recommend it to those with coarser hair
CALABASAS
I can’t say enough about this product. I love it so much. It is my go to serum when my hair feels disgusting and dry. I love that it instantly soothes the split ends and frizz. I sometimes even mix it with my conditioner. Love it!! This is seriously amazing