BY ALTER ECO

Taste of EcuadorAlter Eco chocolate is a delicious indulgence that makes an extra-ordinary journey. Plucked from organic trees near the Ecuadorian coast, our cacao beans are fermented, dried and brought to Switzerland, where they are meticulously roasted and conched into some of the world's finest cocoa products. Our expert chocolatiers use unique flavor combinations, quality organic ingredients and an artisan's touch to craft these award-winning, habit-forming bars. Nourishing Foodie, Farmer and FieldAs committed food activists, we travel far and wide to bring you the world's most exotic, delicious, and sustainable foods. The stories from our cacao partners, Fortaleza and Acopagro, never cease to inspire. Look inside this box to read about the journey of farmers who gave up illegal coca for prosperous cacao - and reforested the Amazon in the process. see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Michelle C.
I picked up this chocolate for the first time at a college campus visiting a friend for her graduation.

I didn't think too much of it other than, cute packaging and I'm such a cheap o that this $4 bar of chocolate was a splurge.

When I looked at the packaging, both inside and out, I learned that the company was very eco conscious and cared about people. Their product is fair trade certified meaning that everyone along the supply chain is paid a fair living wage! That's so amazing! I so admire and respect companies who refuse to cut corners and insist on treating people like people!

Now the chocolate itself is sooo good. Dark chocolate with mint bits, so yummy! Definitely one of my favorite flavors and my favorite brand of chocolate.
Alyssa W.
Antioch, TN
Mint and chocolate is my favorite chocolate combination, maybe even better than chocolate and peanut butter! I LOVE shaving this bar over some ice cream. Or just breaking off a few pieces and having a sweet snack.