Alter Eco Grains Quinoa uploaded by Nisha H.

BY ALTER ECO #14 in Alternative Grains

Organically Grown Fairly Traded Hand-Cultivated. Organic Royal Red Quinoa. Supergrain of the Andes. Nutty, Flavorful. A Good Source of Protein. Contains All 8 Essential Amino Acids. For our partners at Anapqui Co-op, fair trade practices and organic farming mean: 180 Villages building a better future. 50,000 Native trees being replanted. 98,000 Llamas to support healthy soils. see more...

• "I like to cook mine in low sodium chicken broth." in 1 review
  • "My family loves this quinoa!" in 1 review
TammyJo E.
Bloomington, IN
My husband gave this to me as one of my Valentine's Day gifts. It tastes and smells much darker than 60%, it has a slightly intense sweet flavor probably because of the organic can sugar, and the toasted quinoa is very crispy. This is not for a milk chocolate lover at all.
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
I LOVE quinoa! I like to cook mine in low sodium chicken broth. It cooks fairly quickly (a lot faster than rice) and makes a great alternative to rice. I always substitute quinoa for brown rice now, IE. quinoa instead of rice in Spanish rice.
Jess K.
Minneapolis, MN
A high-quality alternative grain that is high in fiber and protein. I like this brand because the grains are uniform and cook evenly, and the taste is more delicate than other brands I've tried. Subtle nutty flavor - try it as a substitute for rice in pilaf and stir fry dishes!
Lena R.
Philipsburg, PA
If you really are addicted to quinoa, because yeah it's delicious and nutritious, consider only buying it from fair-trade companies. Because rich countries demand bigger quantities of quinoa every year, local populations are rationed and have to turn to other foods, even though it's their indigenous agriculture and food traditions! We have the choice to eat something else, let's take it to let them keep their traditional diet.
Michele B.
Naples, ME
Just started eating Quinoa this past year. Love this brand & love the quinoa. I've found so many ways to add this to my recipes at home. From breakfast ideas to delicious gourmet dinners. Always perfect every time and a healthy alternative to rice.
Andrea G.
I spend the extra money on quinoa like this so I can be sure that there aren't any weird sand or tiny rock particles in my quinoa. It is so worth it to eat something so filling and so good for you.
Stefani T.
Albertville, Al
I love the texture. With most quinoa you sometimes have an odd texture that is difficult to get small children to eat without qualms. My kids love this brand and it is the only one that I will use. Unfortunately it is not available in-store near me so I have to order online.
Dana M.
Tastes great, super healthy love it by itself or I mix it with cooked vegetables. Also like to make it put olive oil in it, feta cheese, pine nuts, olives and tomatoes, very good
Suzy A.
N Hollywood, CA
Super healthy, easy and fast to prepare, most importantly yummy and healthy. It is a great source of protein. You can toss it in salad or pair it up with some meat and veggies!
Courtney R.
SHREWSBURY
I have tried other brands that I prefer over this brand. It is a little prciey, I think. It tastes prety good, but I wasn't wow'd by it. I do like that it has a variety of quinoa colors and not just one type.
Michele B.
Naples, ME
What is the best thing you've made with QUINOA?
Tabatha S.
Johnstown, OH
So maybe this is silly, but how far does quinoa go? Does it swell up much larger than rice? It seems very costly when I see the tiny bags, but everyone seems to love it...
Cindy S.
Litchfield Pk, AZ
What is your favorite quinoa recipe? Mine would have to be my Spanish rice.
Olivia F.
Ames, IA
What is the best thing you've made with this?
Annie K.
Tallahassee, FL
What is a good starter recipe to make with this?