Altec Lansing Jacket Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker - Red/Black uploaded by jennifer H.Altec Lansing Jacket Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker - Red/Black uploaded by Alexandra C.Altec Lansing Jacket Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speaker - Red/Black uploaded by Koraima P.

BY ALTEC LANSING #32 in Speakers

Portable stereo bluetooth speaker with voice confirmation. 2 x 1.5" neodymium drivers and single passive radiator for enhanced rich bass. On board microphone for clear, hands-free communications. Apt-x technology for cd quality audio. 3.5mm aux in connector for added device compatibility. Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery (8 hours battery life). Rugged interchangeable rubberized jackets. Metal grill for maximum driver protection. see more...

• Does any one owe one of these and does it sound good? 1 Answers
Koraima P.
La Palma, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
Great waterproof speaker. We usually use it in the shower and when we're out by the pool since it is waterproof. Had it for about 2 years and have never had a problem with it. It has a very long lasting battery, great sound quality and is loud.
Whitney H.
I love this speaker!!!! It is so loud and not to mention durable as all get out!! I have taken this on several float trips and it survived the river and my drunken friends!! It didn't come on for a while after one of my friends held it under water like a sweetheart but I held onto it thinking it may come back, it totally did! I have another Bluetooth Panasonic speaker that is much larger and doesn't compare to the sound of this one!! Altec lansing forever!!!
John Y.
Duluth, GA
I absolutely love these speakers.

Sound
Sound quality is great! I've tried maxing out the speakers and they still come out extremely clear. Bass is pretty strong too - tested it out by listening to Pentatonix (Avi's voice sometimes doesn't come out clearly in cheap speakers).

Durability
This product is so durable. Waterproof - even floats! Tested this out on vacation when my family went to a water park. We had a room with a whirlpool bathtub and my kids were able to listen to music with the speaker just thrown into the tub! I've also dropped it a number of times but it still looks brand new.

Customizability
This is a very minor thing but I love that you can interchange the jacket to other colors!

The one negative thing...
The one thing I dislike about these speakers (can be a big deal to someone so one star dropped..) is that the power on, connected, and power off voice prompt is EXCESSIVELY loud & cannot be silenced or adjusted.

Overall, still highly recommended!
Kayla C.
Sumas, WA
This speaker is aweaome - while it works. We got our first one last year (around may) I used it for its advertised purpose. I took it on hikes, to the lake, general outside use. In November of the same year (2015) it stopped charging. It just died and wouldn't charge again. After and extensive warranty process and a $15 return shipping fee, we got a replacement. Its working great right now but I can't help but wonder she. Its going to stop charging again.
Edison P.
Techie Expert Level 3
This is a very durable product with great sound. I bought it because my old bluetooth speaker died. A few of my friends have Jamboxes, and after getting reviews from them, I decided to go with this. It isn't AS durable as a Jambox is, but for the price the sound is absolutely high-quality and beautiful. It's plenty durable enough for a regular home life. The item has an audio input for a jack if you don't want to/can't connect via Bluetooth.
Maddie K.
Columbia, IL
This is a great and very durable speaker that is perfect for musical showers, camping/float trips, or everyday listening. I have submerged the speaker multiple times with no problems at all. I highly recommend this speaker even though it is a little pricey. The battery lasts for quite some time and it's very convenient to have the ability to charge your phone from the device.
Linda P.
Dallas, TX
The best gift for Christmas ever! This little sucker is so loud and it's small so I can carry in my purse or to the beach. It is water proof and sand/dust proof which is also a plus. I haven't tried yet, but it is supposed to float in the water as well. I love using music on my phone and having it play on the mini speaker when I don't want to hear the radio in my car.
Faith R.
Ocean City, MD
Love using my altec lansing speaker! I live at the beach so I needed a speaker that was durable,small, and had a long lasting battery. The only complaint I have towards this speaker is that when you turn it on it says "powering on welcome to altec lansing" It's loud and obnoxious at first but you get used to it. Retails for around $80.00 USD
Ashley V.
Hudsonville, MI
This is the best investments we have three of the !! We bought all three at target. We have one in our bathroom and one for our Atv Polaris rzr. We put in the spot where a radio goes it has FANTASTIC sound! I would recommend this over the Bose speaker. We traveled to Las Vegas and took out smaller one with us. They travel easy as well
Gina R.
Jax Bch, FL
I purchased this speaker for out by the pool and while on my paddleboard. The waterproof feature is key for outdoor activities. Purchased at Best Buy, the connectivity to my smart phone is almost instant and the speaker has a clear, crisp, sound. We use this speaker every weekend at our pool and on the boat!
Diaana O.
Waukegan, IL
Does any one owe one of these and does it sound good?