BY ALPHA-H

Clear Skin Daily Face Wash by Alpha-H is a specially formulated gel cleanser for oily congested and acne-prone skin. Infused with a synergistic blend of tea tree thyme eucalyptus and salicylic acid the face wash's powerful formula cleanses and tones blemished skin fighting infection and leaving skin hydrated. Balancing excessive oil production while protecting the skin's natural oils this face wash helps to soften pore size and prevent further blockages. Both anti-inflammatory and soothing this product calms skin irritation with aloe vera while promoting healing. Directions: Gently massage the face wash onto damp skin taking care to avoid the delicate eye area. Rinse off with warm water. see more...

Eleni T.
Hornsby
Skin type: Normal-combination (oilier in summer)
Skin condition: acne prone, relatively clear
Age: 30

Not a bad cleanser, but I don't think it will bump off my all time favourite which is Swisse Olive Leaf Gel cleanser.

The price on this one is more on the expensive side at $43.95 AUD, but don't get me wrong - I am okay with spending more on my skincare, but when it comes to face cleansers, I prefer to stay mid to low range on the price scale. I would rather spend more on products that stay on the skin. But that is not to knock this product!

Why I chose this cleanser.
*not foaming
*contains salicylic acid

When it comes to face cleansers my first priority is to choose one that does not foam. My skin in the past few years has not done well with cleansers that foam, and I find they dry my skin and create dry patches on the top of my cheeks and hairline. As soon as I stopped all foaming cleansers those dry patches went away. If you're used to cleansers that make a rich lather, you will be disappointed in this one, but lather doesn't really make an effect in the cleansers performance. It's more for aesthetic value in all honesty. I also look for cleansers that have mild chemical exfoliators in them, to help shift some of the crap off my face as I wear a full face of makeup daily for my job (makeup artist for beauty retail). This one contains salicylic acid, but unsure of it's strength. To be frank, it doesn't stay on the skin for long enough to have a true significant exfoliation, but every little bit counts!

I enjoy the scent, which is truly refreshing! Containing eucalyptus and tea tree oil, it can be a bit cooling at first, but it's a wonderful sensory experience for me. Have I noticed any additional anti-acne results? Acne is not a primary concern of mine, but I am prone to cystic spots at the time of my period and blocked pores if I do not have a strong enough cleansing routine. I have not encountered any negative effects with this cleanser and no out of the blue breakouts. I cannot answer to its breakout fighting properties, only its role as a cleanser.

The face wash is used as a part of my double cleanse routine - using a makeup remover first, then going in with the cleanser. I have done a no-no and used this in the shower a few times on my face, but have been pleasantly surprised that it didn't dry my skin! Yay for us lazies! However I would never wash my face in the shower routinely as my skin would become irritated from the hot water, so trial at your own discretion. I use between 2-3 pumps, depending on how heavy my makeup was, using 1 pump for a no makeup day. This bottle has lasted me incredibly long, as it is currently September 2018 and I purchase my bottle in February 2018 :O Great value.

Would I repurchase? Eh, I'm not really sure. I get the same effect for cheaper and I haven't felt any greater effect to warrant another purchase. In saying so, this is a great cleanser, and if you have enjoyed other products in the Alpha-H brand you may want to give this a go.
Emily R.
I was a bit hesitant because of the price at first, but it is worth every single penny (I bought it for £38). This reduces my spots dramatically, it leaves my skin super soft and it also helped with the rough texture on my cheeks, better than most exfoliators I've tried. Usually an hour or so after washing my face, my skin gets oily and with this face wash, it seems that my face doesn't get that oily as quickly as if there is less oil production happening.
Using this regularly has made my skin look and feel super clear. An extra bonus is my base make up looks better when using this product. Alpha-H is a great brand for anyone who's suffering from acne.