BY ALOFT HOTELS #16 in Hotels

• What's your favorite aloft location? 9 Answers
  • How do people feel about the Brooklyn location?1 Answers
Vaughn S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Aloft hotels are fine when traveling by myself. Rooms tend to be smaller and very similar to a college dorm room. Not my preferred hotel but I wouldn't shy away from staying if it's convenient.
Kim K.
Kitchener , ON
Stayed in this hotel in Boston. While the rooms were nice, the actual space was very small. The hotel had okay amenities, but an outdoor pool and a better view would make it more with the price. I wouldn't recommend their hotels unless you can get a good deal.
Kelsey T.
I'm not sure how I feel about Aloft Hotels - my most recent visit in Chicago near the Loop was a big difficult to navigate. The parking garage was disjointed from the hotel itself which was initially confusing. Once inside, the lobby music was quite loud which made it difficult to understand the receptionist upon check in. Additionally, the smell of the hotel was extremely overpowering. I'm not sure if this was due to cleaning materials utilized by the hotel or perhaps others guests wearing too much cologne, but it gave me an instant headache that lasted through my stay.
Kacy K.
Fayetteville, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This hotel was a little weird for me. Maybe I just wasn't prepared for the concept but I felt like I was walking in to a European youth hostel. There was loud techno music playing in the lobby, which was coincidentally more of a night club than a lobby. The rooms were cold and industrial and the beds weren't comfortable. 3 starts because maybe it was partially my fault for not researching first.
Annika A.
Chapel hill , NC
I recently stayed at an Aloft hotel in Virginia. The visual appeal of the hotel and room exceeded my expectations and was very modern. However, we had problems with the toilet during our stay as it would not flush. Also beware that they provide bottled water in the room with a note saying "free for preferred guests" or something along that line. Our poor assumption that these wouldn't be left in the room with a note like this if we were not preferred guest resulted in being billed an extra $8 PER BOTTLE upon checkout.
Aaron K.
Chandler, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I like the aloft hotels if you are in a hurry, but I definitely think you can find comprobable accommodations at a hotel that might offer a little more and make you feel a little more special! Not sure if I would recommend you stay here.
Daniella C.
Miami
Its a beautiful hotel it's just there a lot of people especially at the pool sometimes you can barely get a clean towel but the pool is huge and just perfect
rania s.
Hanover , MD
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The aloft are ok, I like their sister hotel, the element. I've stayed at the aloft and the look of things are great, modern, and sleek. But they focus too much and the look and not enough on the comfort, the bed itself was pretty bad.
Rachel F.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
These hotels look hip, and I suppose if you're just on business and want a quick and cheap stay, it's good for that. Asthetically they are very well designed rooms, but the comfort is not there. I stayed at Aloft Boston for an event. The beds are just not comfortable. Compare that to say, a bed in any Marriott Hotels or Hyatt Hotel or [product:hilton-hotels] or Westin Hotels & Resorts, it's far below par. If the beds were more comfortable I'd stay here for all kinds of things. I feel like they spent more time on looking hip than getting a comfortable bed.
Mari O.
Hip, fun, accessible, and not too expensive - we stayed at an aloft for the weekend and had no issues with our stay, except for some surly front desk folks. I am giving it 3 stars, however, because the general upkeep of the hotel wasn't great. While it looked flashy, it only took a few minutes to realize a lot of the room was fraying or older than it appeared.
April S.
Oklahoma City, OK
Kelly M.
When you stayed at an aLoft Hotel, was there a lot of noise?
Amanda K.
Henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Aloft to stay at?
Veronika L.
Spring, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Was the lobby crowded last time you were staying in there?
Sara W.
Avon, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would love to know how these hotels compare to other chains. Any experience?