BY ALOFT HOTELS #16 in Hotels

• How is this hotel with children or the disabled such as in a whee...1 Answers
  • What's your favorite aloft location? 9 Answers
  • How do people feel about the Brooklyn location?1 Answers
Melyssa E.
I wish I could give it zero star. It was awful. The rooms are entirely too small and not functional at all. The way the bathroom was set up and designed was just crazy. The atmosphere just wasn't at all what I was looking for. And the location of this particular one that I stayed at was terrible. It was in the very back of a neighborhood that was still under construction which meant terrible views all the way around.
Claire C.
McAllen, TX
I had such a bad experience at the Aloft hotel in San Antonio, TX.  Online, the website shows a beautiful, up kept, CLEAN hotel and in real life there were silverfish in the shower, mildew everywhere, and just dirty room.  I asked the manager to move us rooms, thinking it was just this particular room.  This was not the case.  Our other room was just as bad.  I turned to management to help and offered me one of my two night stay for free.  It was only after I complained more than once because no one had gotten back to me that this happened.  Even after my stay, I reached out to management through the aloft website and all they did was redirect me back to the manager at the hotel .  Horrible experience and I will never stay at aloft again
Gena R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Aloft is supposed to be a really good hotel, but I am extremely disappointed with it. We stayed with them several times in different countries and I have to say that this hotel is extremely overpriced for what it offers.
Heather R.
Portland, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The rooms were not at all measured up to the price paid. So very small and the design was more for a single business man. Very streamlined and bland. I would not stay at this hotel by choice again!
Christine E.
The air conditioning system was out in every room. It was muggy and stale and it was awful. The staff could care less and it made my stay there so uncomfortable. I will not be using these hotels ever again.
Christina L.
Pittsburgh
Stayed in the aloft on the levee we had a horrible experience in that particular one however it's super modern rooms are small but nice
Serena L.
Kitchener, ON
Had a really disappointing stay at one their locations in Vaughan several years ago. The hotel had lost our booking, and charged us twice. I spent the first hour of my stay on the phone with their customer service as the actual hotel employees could not help me. Room was small, and felt sterile in terms of decoration. The hotel did nothing to make up for the poor service and miscommunication that happened. Poor costumer service. Would not stay there again.
Vijith R.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I uses to love this place until they ended up kicking me and a few friends out for one noise complaint. Very disrespectful
Melisa C.
Metamora, MI
I wasn't recognized as a SPG member, nor was I accommodated with my special requests. I can never be accommodated with my special request at this hotel. The first room was dirty, and had tissue behind the mirror and a big crack in it. Dust was on the toilet tissue and a stain was on the comforter set. I took pictures so please don't deny. I was moved to another room by being asked to come all the way downstairs with ALL MY LUGGAGE AND TWO LITTLE SISTERS TO BE MOVED! No bellboy sent up to help move or anything. After traveling five hours do you really believe I want to come back and forth with luggage????? Than I was offered a free drink, like I didn't have guest with me under 21.
Stephanie R.
Fairfax, VA
I expected much more from such a " modern" place the website looked great and amenities were very appealing from discription online .
We booked this solely for kids.
The amenities online stated lots of activities to do with kids. Including pool, kids camp activies , and art sessions etc.
my husband was working so we booked this place so i could take kids to the activities and entertain them in hotel while he had meetings.

We traveled with two young children under 3 yrs old and I was 7 months pregnant with the third .

While at first glance the room appeared nice it was dirty. Trash was left under bed, tables, sheets had hair on it, excessive dust and crap around and under AC/heat unit .....
Gross. Called front desk they switched our room, I was alone with kids and got no help moving all the luggage being pregnant with two small children .

Second too
Was same. Dirty , bathroom had hair in it and there was trash on floor , and she. Putting kids down for afternoon nap I pulled sheets back and Cheetos came out !!!!
They were tucked under the mattress and behind /under bed!

i couldn't switch rooms again and asked them to just clean again and change beddings at that point .

Food was expensive and there wasn't any microwave in room to hear kids food I had to go to the lobby and cone back ????? Super inconvenient

There was broken glass in parking lot and in the grass areas.
The pool was nice but same trash was laying in ground the entire week we were there .

When I asked staff about the kids center and activies listed online no one knew what we were talking about nor wanted to find out info for us.

An evening manager said we should have gotten kids activity bags when we checked in and she would send them to room for us.

I was like great I'm thinking it was little bag crayons/color book , something activity derived ..... It's an air mattress for each kid in a bag and old faded sponge bob sheets that looked 10 yrs old!!!

We set back outside door and said thanks but no thanks.

There wasn't enough rom in there for two blow up mattress or the need for it and the sheets were dingy and gross!!!

Really disappointed with this hotel and wanted to like it since we travel often.
This was a Illinois location

I called after we got home too to tell corporate about the disgusting conditions and they really didn't seem to care.

April E.
Kelly M.
When you stayed at an aLoft Hotel, was there a lot of noise?
Veronika L.
Spring, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Was the lobby crowded last time you were staying in there?
Amanda K.
Henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Aloft to stay at?
Sara W.
Avon, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would love to know how these hotels compare to other chains. Any experience?