BY ALOFT HOTELS #16 in Hotels

• How do people feel about the Brooklyn location?1 Answers
Tina F.
san diego
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Unfortunately I did not enjoy my stay at the Aloft in Dallas. The most important part while staying at a hotel, especially if I’m sharing a room with someone, is that the bathroom needs to be my retreat to unwind and refresh. This bathroom was horrible! The only door for the bathroom is a sliding one that leads to the toilet and shower and if you don’t close it right, it will slide back open exposing yourself on the toilet or getting undressed for the shower. Let’s talk about this God awful water pressure this place has. It’s like showering in the rain! I was scared to wash my hair because I wasn’t sure if it would rinse out the product. Oh, and be careful stepping into the shower if the shower floor is wet, the surface is so slippery I almost ate sh*t! What is going on with this place? We couldn’t figure out which switch turned on which light! The hotel offers breakfast but it is very different from anything I’m used to. There’s only 4 or 5 options if you want a hot breakfast or you could choose from their grab and go market place and purchase juice, coffee, bagel, cereal or instant oatmeal.

On a positive note, the hotel and bar had a very nice welcoming staff.
Kat A.
Lakewood, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
If I could give it negative stars I would. I don’t want to get too personal. I was staying in Downtown Denver on a Friday night. My boyfriend and I planned on having a fun night. Well about 30 minutes into our adult fun we hear a knock on the door. We didn’t invite anyone to the room, so we didn’t stop or answer. The knocking went on for about 20 minutes. Of course we stopped. We didn’t want to answer the door. So we got very quite and still. Finally the knocked stopped. We finally started having fun again. Then the phone rings. Yet again nobody knows we are here. So we don’t answer, but the phone doesn’t stop ring. Finally we answer the phone. It’s the front desk telling us that security was on his way back up to the room and we had to answer the door this time. A little embarrassed we said that was fine. So we get dressed & answer the door. The man is telling us that we have to let him into the room right now to check I out. We ask why he tell us that he watched security cameras in the hallway. That there was some lady in the room with us & we had been torturing her. We freak out of course and let him into the room to see that it was just the two of us. And of course it was just the two of us. He then tells us that we were NOT allowed to stay in the room for the night. He then tells us if we don’t leave within 5 minutes that he was calling the police and having us arrested. Keep in mind it’s a Friday night, we are on the top floor of the hotel & NOBODY but us were even staying on the phone. So we packed up & got the hell out of there. I called Monday morning to speak to the Manager (because I was told that there wasn’t ANYONE there I could speak to about what happened until Monday) she was so rude. She told me she would go over the tapes and get back to me. Finally 2 month later I get a call from her. She tells me she went over everything. She tells me that they were in the wrong. She then tells me it was my fault for leaving. She told me that they weren’t going to do anything for what happen. The people weren’t going to be trained to deal with this kind of thing better. She told that she wasn’t even going to speak to the people that were involved. She told me I was stupid and that I should NEVER stay there again. I have never been so embarrassed, humiliated, and treated like this in my whole life. I still have no idea if we were too loud or if something happened that night in the hotel. All I know is I will NEVRE EVER spend any money with this company. It makes me sick. The whole company is just shit!
Jennifer M.
Van Buren, AR
I picked this hotel due to it's location. When I walked in the doors I was pleasantly surprised. It was not at all what I expected. Everything was sharp and prestine. After check in I go to my room and I fell in love. Everything is modern and beautiful. Everything was clean, the bed was so comfortable and I loved the bathroom. You are not closed off like most hotels. I loved that! I could get ready on one side and still have a conversation with the person on the other side of the wall. I will look for this hotel next time I go out of town.
Rashita J.
This hotel I have been to twice but at different locations. The quality of these branches are not the same at all. The Last visit I was expecting the same quality I had my previous stay. It was a total blast my first time but my second stay was horrible.. The room was not cleaned and had stains on the floor and the curtains, had dust every where... The customer service wasn't on point when I asked to be switched to another room. For the money you pay it isn't worth it. I would had rather stayed in a motel.
Phoebe M.
As part of the SPG family, I have booked several Aloft hotels (Chicago, Atlanta, Cincinnati) and all have been fantastic stays.

A bright, modern design throughout with clean, beautiful bathroom and bedrooms, Aloft is consistent in its service and style.

All the Alofts I’ve stayed at have had a brilliant bar, often with sizable liquor and cocktail menus, and staffed by knowledgeable, friendly staff. The Chicago Airport Aloft has good gym and swim facilities (though the pools water temperature was a bit too cold for my liking).

I often choose Aloft because I know the standard will be the same regardless of which city I’m in. I know I’ll be getting a good nights rest as the beds are always comfortable and HUGE!

I know it’s their “thing” not to have an on-site kitchen, but the lobby snack areas are always overpriced and underwhelming, leaving me no choice but to order in food.
Ann W.
Tomah, WI
I can't speak for all Aloft Hotels, but the one I stayed in in Wisconsin was great. Very clean, modern looking and environmentally friendly. Great pool and work out area. Check-in and out was a breeze and they had many offerings for guests. My only complaint was some of the food in the snack area seemed a little over priced, but by the time you go find a gas station, it probably is worth it to just pay the price they are asking.
Kelsey P.
I had to evacuate during a hurricane and chose to stay at the Aloft in Cedar Park (Austin, TX). I have nothing by wonderful things to say about them. Everyone at the front desk was so accommodating. The beds were very comfortable. The atmosphere was so cool and relaxing. There were plenty things to do at the hotel, like hang out in their patio area or play pool in the lobby. I now look for Aloft hotels anytime I travel!
Kristin R.
Shelbyville
I would have enjoyed our stay at Aloft if it was 5 years ago. I personally believe that Aloft is not a family-centric hotel chain as the rooms and lobby atmosphere were not suitable for young children. The day we checked out there were pool sticks and empty beer bottles scattered about the open-concept lounge at the Newport, KY location. Also, the food options were lacking as many items were out of stock.
Claire C.
McAllen, TX
I had such a bad experience at the Aloft hotel in San Antonio, TX.  Online, the website shows a beautiful, up kept, CLEAN hotel and in real life there were silverfish in the shower, mildew everywhere, and just dirty room.  I asked the manager to move us rooms, thinking it was just this particular room.  This was not the case.  Our other room was just as bad.  I turned to management to help and offered me one of my two night stay for free.  It was only after I complained more than once because no one had gotten back to me that this happened.  Even after my stay, I reached out to management through the aloft website and all they did was redirect me back to the manager at the hotel .  Horrible experience and I will never stay at aloft again
Amy B.
Roseville, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I stayed at the aloft in Rancho Cucamonga California, it was very well kept, the staff was great. The decor was modern and neat. It had a lounge/bar in the lobby with pool tables and a fire place. Our first room had an issue with the air conditioning but the manager sent up a tech right away.. Unfortunately it couldnt be fixed so we were moved and for our troubles we received a free night.
April S.
Oklahoma City, OK
Kelly M.
When you stayed at an aLoft Hotel, was there a lot of noise?
Amanda K.
Henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Aloft to stay at?
Veronika L.
Spring, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Was the lobby crowded last time you were staying in there?
Sara W.
Avon, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would love to know how these hotels compare to other chains. Any experience?