BY ALOFT HOTELS #16 in Hotels

• How is this hotel with children or the disabled such as in a whee...1 Answers
  • What's your favorite aloft location? 8 Answers
  • How do people feel about the Brooklyn location?1 Answers
Allyson H.
Hotel was very nice, new, and modern. They're typically pet friendly which is a huge plus. Staff was very friendly. Also, the elevator system has a secure key system that allows for increased security. Bathroom is nice,but sink could use more counter space. Really the only major complaint I have is that continental breakfast isn't included, and the cost of breakfast at the hotel is ridiculous ($8 for a bagel and cream cheese).
Hannah K.
Louisville, KY
I had a nice experience in the new Aloft in Newport, KY. It was very close to everything in Cincinnati, so it was extremely convenient. The rooms were nice and had all of the modern amenities that we use every day. The best part in my opinion was that there was a ton of light, which is hard to come by in many hotels. The price was fair. Only downside was there wasn't an option for breakfast, just a convenience style "store" in the lobby.
Rachel F.
Globetrotter Expert
These hotels look hip, and I suppose if you're just on business and want a quick and cheap stay, it's good for that. Asthetically they are very well designed rooms, but the comfort is not there. I stayed at Aloft Boston for an event. The beds are just not comfortable. Compare that to say, a bed in any Marriott Hotels or Hyatt Hotel or [product:hilton-hotels] or Westin Hotels & Resorts, it's far below par. If the beds were more comfortable I'd stay here for all kinds of things. I feel like they spent more time on looking hip than getting a comfortable bed.
Sharntell M.
Brooklyn, NY
I've visited with a group of 4 girls before a friends dinner, we used the room to get dress basically. We was running late so there was not much time for anything extra. Surprisingly, we was visited by mangers for false noise complaints. Then put in a situation where we had to actually knock on someone else to prevent us from getting kicked out for false cigarette complaint, just was horrible from beginning to end.
Melissa J.
I liked this hotel for the contemporary feel. The bar was fun and furnishings were hip. The room left much to be desired though. The mattress was extremely hard (like sleeping on the floor). And more importantly, when not traveling alone, the bathroom had no privacy. The door was just a sliding door that had gaps on all side. It was really awkward having to use the bathroom when someone else was in the room!
Jenna P.
Berthoud, CO
Stayed at Aloft on a family road trip, as it was the only hotel room I could find. It was very costly. My spouse and I were traveling with an elderly family member, and the 'modern' nature of this hotel made her very uncomfortable. Rooms are not designed for much privacy. Glass wall from bathroom/shower into room! If we had been alone, it would have been fine, but not great for older people or families.
Ashlee G.
This was a pretty cool place. My husband was on call for the holidays so we got a room close to his work so we could spend the holidays together. We mostly spent our time in the lobby playing pool and buying their over priced snacks. But it was nice and really fun! My complaint would be that the rooms echoed so we could hear everything all the time and in the halls... so that was annoying and felt like we didn't have much privacy in that aspect. Other than that it was great. The rooms were clean and it was fun to be there. Staff was very friendly.
Alyson K.
Aloft is a good hotel and clean, which is what counts the most when you stay in hotels all the time. However there are a couple of things that really irk me about this place. There was one ice machine for a 5 floor hotel. I was on the 5th floor on one end and the ice machine was on the 2nd floor opposite end. Needless to say it was super inconvenient. Also, they put their thermostats right by the AC so it never gets a true reading of the room. It's freezing if you are sitting next to the AC but hot and uncomfortable in the sink area by the bathroom. It's also a little pricey. Other than that, it's a nice hotel.
Nathalia C.
My husband and I stayed at the Aloft Hotel at the David Whitney in Detroit for a weekend getaway and a concert by one of our favorite artists. To say we were pleasantly surprised would be a massive understatement!

Everything about our stay was lovely. The location is perfect, close to several amazing restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is beautiful—the architecture in the lobby is phenomenal. The room we stayed in had a great view of the city, and was clean, stylish and comfortable.

We highly recommend staying at this hotel and any other Aloft hotels.
abisola A.
Clarks Summit, PA
I really love the setup of these hotels while they seem very modern and flamboyant they can be quite cozy depending on the size room that you are you reserving they can be a bit cramped overall the service has always been wonderful and the space has always been tidy clean and up to my standards I would totally recommend them for a moderately priced place to stay while visiting any location
April E.
Kelly M.
When you stayed at an aLoft Hotel, was there a lot of noise?
Amanda K.
Henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert
What is your favorite Aloft to stay at?
Veronika L.
Spring, TX
Globetrotter Expert
Was the lobby crowded last time you were staying in there?
Sara W.
Avon, MA
Globetrotter Expert
I would love to know how these hotels compare to other chains. Any experience?