BY ALOFT HOTELS #18 in Hotels

• What's your favorite aloft location? 9 Answers
  • How do people feel about the Brooklyn location?1 Answers
Marisa E.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I recently stayed in the Aloft hotel in Newport, KY, right across the river from Cincinnati. This was my first time staying at an Aloft hotel, since it's part of SPG and now Marriott, and I really enjoyed it! Very nice, modern hotel. Such a nice change from some of the cookie cutter hotels I've stayed in for business travel. For this location, I was exhausted from a day of work travel and hoping to just crash after eating something. The room service at the Newport location was actually through the Hofbrauhaus across the street, which was so cool!
Jenna P.
Berthoud, CO
Stayed at Aloft on a family road trip, as it was the only hotel room I could find. It was very costly. My spouse and I were traveling with an elderly family member, and the 'modern' nature of this hotel made her very uncomfortable. Rooms are not designed for much privacy. Glass wall from bathroom/shower into room! If we had been alone, it would have been fine, but not great for older people or families.
Ashlee G.
This was a pretty cool place. My husband was on call for the holidays so we got a room close to his work so we could spend the holidays together. We mostly spent our time in the lobby playing pool and buying their over priced snacks. But it was nice and really fun! My complaint would be that the rooms echoed so we could hear everything all the time and in the halls... so that was annoying and felt like we didn't have much privacy in that aspect. Other than that it was great. The rooms were clean and it was fun to be there. Staff was very friendly.
Alyson K.
Aloft is a good hotel and clean, which is what counts the most when you stay in hotels all the time. However there are a couple of things that really irk me about this place. There was one ice machine for a 5 floor hotel. I was on the 5th floor on one end and the ice machine was on the 2nd floor opposite end. Needless to say it was super inconvenient. Also, they put their thermostats right by the AC so it never gets a true reading of the room. It's freezing if you are sitting next to the AC but hot and uncomfortable in the sink area by the bathroom. It's also a little pricey. Other than that, it's a nice hotel.
Nathalia C.
My husband and I stayed at the Aloft Hotel at the David Whitney in Detroit for a weekend getaway and a concert by one of our favorite artists. To say we were pleasantly surprised would be a massive understatement!

Everything about our stay was lovely. The location is perfect, close to several amazing restaurants and bars. The hotel itself is beautiful—the architecture in the lobby is phenomenal. The room we stayed in had a great view of the city, and was clean, stylish and comfortable.

We highly recommend staying at this hotel and any other Aloft hotels.
abisola A.
Clarks Summit, PA
I really love the setup of these hotels while they seem very modern and flamboyant they can be quite cozy depending on the size room that you are you reserving they can be a bit cramped overall the service has always been wonderful and the space has always been tidy clean and up to my standards I would totally recommend them for a moderately priced place to stay while visiting any location
Kate J.
Springdale , AR
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love Aloft.  I most recently stayed at the Aloft Downtown New Orleans for a work trip, but the location is fantastic to enjoy the French Quarter once work is complete!  We had to drive to the residential area of NOLA, and it was still only a 10-15 minute drive from this hotel.  The room design and decor was fantastic!  Location was excellent.  Staff was very friendly and accommodating.  They have a very nice selection of drinks and snacks for late night needs.  Would definitely stay here again!
Stephanie W.
Danville, KY
Oh my goodness. I could never say enough about aloft. My husband and I just made a shot in the dark and chose aloft for our honeymoon (though we had never heard of them) because it was the nicest "cheap" hotel. WE LOVED IT. It was always clean, fresh, vibrant and energizing. My husband who HATES to travel was looking at the rates for aloft because he's considering a winter getaway. He's a believer now, and so am I!
Katie W.
Lenexa, KS
My boyfriend and I often staycation at the local Aloft when we decide to do dinner and drinks. The elevator is my favorite -- it has heat-activated color. The swanky rooftop bar is a great touch -- it's fun to come back after dinner and have drinks on the roof before retiring to our room.
Robyn Z.
Raymore, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I absolutely love aloft! They offer a very no frills, sleek, what's needed and some type of hotel. They have an amazing bar (at every single one of them that I have stayed at), they have a great, variety filled convenience type store, great food selections and their rooms are fabulous. Their bathrooms are always large, rooms are always clean and I have never run into poor customer service at any aloft. I would recommend aloft to a younger, hipster type crowd. I will definitely stay at aloft hotels again.
April E.
Kelly M.
When you stayed at an aLoft Hotel, was there a lot of noise?
Veronika L.
Spring, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Was the lobby crowded last time you were staying in there?
Amanda K.
Henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Aloft to stay at?
Sara W.
Avon, MA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would love to know how these hotels compare to other chains. Any experience?