Product Details

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Bree G.
Carteret, Nj
At first I thought I really liked this, but after a few weeks of using I realized otherwise. The "smart shade" technology doesn't even work. It was too dark for my face and I was using the lightest shade. It doesn't cover well at all. The only thing I do like about this product is how smooth is makes my face feel.
Candice H.
Haleyville, AL
I'll start off by saying this isn't my favorite foundation. That being said, this is a good back up plan for me. I use the lightest shade. I was very skeptical that it would work. It applied white and as you blend it in, it magically changes to a shade that matches. It covers pretty well I might add. Its a little on the pricey side for such a small bottle though.
Stephanie L.
Almay is really cheap makeup, and unfortunately, you get what you pay for. It's not too smart, especially if you are really in between shades. It does give light coverage, but I definitely still have to use concealer and powder.
Jacqui G.
Strongsville, OH
Not the greatest, but not the worst. It didn't provide enough coverage for me as I have a lot of redness that I need to cover. Also, I have normal to oily skin and this did not control the oil as well as I had hoped. The color matching was fairly accurate though. I can see this working for someone with normal to dry skin who doesn't need a whole lot of coverage.
Sarah L.
Brighton, MO
First I must say that I am a fan of most Almay product that I have tried. This one however I will never purchase again. The produst did match up to my skin color well, but a couple hours after application, the product would flake off my skin. It did not cause dryness or irratation, but it did not wear well.
Danielle J.
Tucson, AZ
It is not often that I wear foundation. So I would always have to have multiple ones on hand. I am biracial, I have very light skin in the winter, and I get very dark in the summer. With this, I only need on and I can use it all year without worrying about my face being darker/lighter than the rest of my body.
Amanda L.
Concord, NH
Make-up is a big deal to me, I work at a make-up contour so it has to be. This product works for people with fair skin, that hasn't been to damaged and doesn't need to hind much. If you have ache or scarring I would suggest getting a heavy foundation then this.
Stacy K.
Highland Park, NJ
The whole becomes your skin tone thing actually works. I've used this foundation for years. the only problem I've had is that it makes my skin a little oily but i always put powder over it. with the powder it lasts forever.
Anna K.
Boone, NC
I found that this product would not match my skin. I have pinker undertones and this came out yellow. I like the consistency but even when I did try and wear it felt like it cakes up and what did not look caked on it looked like it had disappeared. Which is not what anyone wants, or you would not wear makeup.
Sharmin M.
Hernando, MS
My oldest daughter recommended Smart Shade, so I decided to give it a try. That was five bottles ago and I don't see a different foundation in my future. It blends really well and provides good coverage without being heavy.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.