BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Sandra K.
Green Bay, WI
I've been using this makeup for a couple weeks. The color matches well, but it leaves my skin looking shiny and feeling greasy. Even after using blotting papers and powder, I have a shiny forehead. I've been using Almay foundation for years, and I regret switching from their oil absorbing formula to this one.
Noemi V.
It really disappointment me when it didn't work the way I wanted. I thought it was because I haver oily skin but my friend with dry skin also didn't work too well. Changed color with oil or sweat. Not buying this ever again
Stacy K.
Highland Park, NJ
The whole becomes your skin tone thing actually works. I've used this foundation for years. the only problem I've had is that it makes my skin a little oily but i always put powder over it. with the powder it lasts forever.
Courtney R.
I use to adore this makeup and after it aged for a month or two, it started to show.

The color beads started becoming way too dark and just would not blend in.

Sooner or later it wouldn't dry fast at all. it's definitely my back-up, emergency foundation.
Jacqui G.
Strongsville, OH
Not the greatest, but not the worst. It didn't provide enough coverage for me as I have a lot of redness that I need to cover. Also, I have normal to oily skin and this did not control the oil as well as I had hoped. The color matching was fairly accurate though. I can see this working for someone with normal to dry skin who doesn't need a whole lot of coverage.
Sarah L.
Brighton, MO
First I must say that I am a fan of most Almay product that I have tried. This one however I will never purchase again. The produst did match up to my skin color well, but a couple hours after application, the product would flake off my skin. It did not cause dryness or irratation, but it did not wear well.
Sharmin M.
Hernando, MS
My oldest daughter recommended Smart Shade, so I decided to give it a try. That was five bottles ago and I don't see a different foundation in my future. It blends really well and provides good coverage without being heavy.
Amanda L.
Concord, NH
Make-up is a big deal to me, I work at a make-up contour so it has to be. This product works for people with fair skin, that hasn't been to damaged and doesn't need to hind much. If you have ache or scarring I would suggest getting a heavy foundation then this.
Sara S.
Ludlow, MA
The smart shade makeup doesn't really blend or match your skin tone as well as i thought it would, and it is VERY lightweight, it doesn't really give you much coverage at all. if you are looking for something for the summer i geuss that it would be better for that.
Josie H.
Portland, OR
This specific formula is amazing. It blends right in with your natural skin color for a natural look. I've used this makeup a few times its hard to find which one that will best match you because some blend in orange but once you find the right one it works great!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.