BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Vallyn W.
I am a fair/light skin toned girl. I loved the idea of this shadow but was a bit weary about how it would work for those of us with super light skin or super dark skin seeing as there is only 3 shades. Lets just say I wasn't in anyway impressed with the color. It was way to dark for me. We are talking visible makeup line and I just looked like I didn't know how to pick foundation shades. Thank goodness I wasn't in a hurry and could apply a foundation in the right shade. The coverage was really good I have very pink cheeks and it hid that completely (though that might have been just because it was so much darker than my skin) and it felt light on my skin. If they made this in a few more shades it probably would be much better.
Ashley S.
Lafayette, LA
I am really in the middle with this product. It makes an excellent match to my skin tone which typically I am roughly a creamy natural type girl. I even found when I started tanning that moving up to the darker shade still managed to match my skin tone. Now the negatives it's pretty thin coverage and it has a thick feel as well as texture. If your skin is dry it highlights those areas; if your skin is broken out it highlights those areas as well. It is not a good overall coverage foundation. It also transfers does not last long and putting powder over it really doesn't set it very well. It's pretty reasonably priced as well. I feel it would be best for a teenager with normal skin no acne to wear as a light foundation.
Alexandra O.
Ignacio, CO
I am a bit surprised by the reviews posted here. I adore this foundation. I am very fair and finding the right match is difficult. I use the light variety and I use it on my forehead, cheeks and nose, along with the tip of my chin.

This product covers well and it a great foundation for my powder and blush. I do not know how it works for others but since I do not cover my entire face I love its blending capabilities.

Having dry skin and living in CO I find that it is perfectly balanced and gives me a matte finish which is what I'm looking for.

I do not like the packaging as you reach the end of your tube it is easier to get the rest out but cutting the tube and squeezing. I wish it was in a glass bottle.
Sami E.
Brighton, MI
This is the only foundation I have ever found that doesn't make me break out. I love it! I use it for everything from everyday wear to stage makeup. I only use almay and I have for years!
Leanna X.
Nowthen, MN
Not sure if it really does morph into my ideal color, but it was pretty sheer. I feel like it was more of a tinted moisturizer than anything else, but I also think there are a lot of better products out there and would rather opt for a sheer bb cream that actually has some benefits for my skin with added spf, then buy this because it starts clear and has beads that "transform" into my perfect shade. This seems to be selling purely for the novelty over practicality or quality, which I feel that Almay usually goes for anyway.
Leah B.
Atlanta, GA
I love trying new make up & picked up this foundation on clearance at target for $2.50. I got the light medium since I am fair but it was summer and I was out in the sun often. First off it looked so dark out of the tube (as if there was no way it would match my completion)but as I applied it I had no issues with the color at all. It did "blend" to be a good fit for my skin tone and wore well with my bare minerals pressed powder on top. If you are looking for a foundation that provides a lot of cover up, I would say this is not for you. If I were on a budget or in a pinch I'd definitely buy this for lighter make up days but check out the revlon colorstay whipped foundation if you want serious coverage.
Bree S.
Cortland , OH
I literally hate this stuff. I don't like to product bash, because I know some products work better for some than others. I just do not get this stuff. First, it goes on white which I thought was cool at first. Then I realized it's rather impractical because I couldn't tell how much I was putting on/how much I needed. When it turned skin color it was too light for my skin, but that could have been a user error. I usually purchase foundation in classical ivory, so I got the light-medium (the lightest they carry) thinking it would be my shade since it's so smart... It doesn't go on very well with a foundation brush, even though it was just cleaned. And idk if this is just something that it wrong with my face lol but it really emphasizes the fine hairs on my face. Like made me look fuzzy. I tried using less, but it's difficult to tell when you're putting on white makeup how it's going to turn out when it changes color. Overall, I am taking this back to the store today. I gave it a week and I can't take it. Booo.
Ashley E.
Okemos, MI
I like this foundation. You get a good product for a good price. It's definitely weird the first time when it comes out white and then turns your skin color! I've used this on myself and my mom in the same day. She loves how easy it is to apply and she doesn't have to worry about getting a little tan in the summer and having to get a different shade of foundation. It always matches perfectly. She raves about it to all of her friends! I love to wear this on days where I want a natural look (aka I'm being lazy)
Alicia N.
Eden Prairie, MN
I was so excited to try this product when I saw that it was supposed to have color changing properties. I was hoping that it would take the guess work out of finding your perfect color. And I didn't have good luck at all. The first was too dark so that was $10 Down the drain. And the one that matched me better I just felt like it didn't cover my blemishes, and that's kind of the point of foundation... I feel like I didn't really like the formula either. All in all, I just wasn't too crazy about this product.
Allison R.
River Ridge, LA
I really really like this product. I got the shade medium which is a little too dark for me right now but it should match when I get a bit tanner. As for the actual formula, I think it is awesome. Although it doesn't provide full coverage it really evens out my skin tone without looking like I am wearing makeup at all. I just pop some concealer on my problem areas and I am good to go. I also have super oily skin and this product doesn't make it any worse, I just set with a powder and use a good primer.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.