Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by Mariana O.Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by Mariana O.Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by mayra a.See all 50 photos
7 colors available

BY ALMAY

• Does it really blend as nice and natu...Yes! its my go to foundation! 14 Answers
  • How well does this work? Does it actu...Yes and no. from how it looks... 2 Answers
  • Very good I loveLove this 1 Answers
Photos (50)
Jhoseline P.
Jhoseline P.
I tried this in the lightest shade and it went on my skin super dark. Poor coverage.
Katie C.
Katie C.
Greensboro, NC
I've used the oil-free version of this product and have really liked it. I tend to have a few blemishes most of the times, so I use this more of a tinted moisturizer, and then allow it to dry and set for about 5 minutes, then apply a little concealer to those blemishes. It's very nice and light, especially on hot days!
Yvonne L.
Yvonne L.
Buffalo, NY
I used this awhile ago over the summer and it was terrible. It was watery and almost gritty in texture. It didn't cover very well but I didn't expect it to as I figured it'd be more like a tinted moisturizer. It didn't color match very well...unless it thinks I'm bright orange..and it made me very greasy. :(
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Kirkwood, MO
I am excited about all these new skin tone matching foundations and this is the first that I have tried. I agree with most people that it does blend in, but does not cover anything like foundation should.
Elvira O.
Elvira O.
I really cant complain on this product. Its gave me such a natural look. It just eventually made my face lighter than it should be. But seriously cant complain cause it covered what needed.
Ruth H.
Ruth H.
Cheyenne, WY
I was very excited to try this product as it's Almay and I've usually liked maky of their products. The first day I was pleasantly surprised that the shade did in fact seem to match. The foundation was very lightweight though and I had to use an additional heavier foundation under my eyes and on a few blemishes. The next day I had the same pretty decent results. By the end of the week however, my "smart shade" had taken on more of an oompa loompa orange on my face. I'm not sure if this is due to the make up sponge, or what. I'm not going to use a new sponge each day to apply foundation. Considering I had to use a second foundation in addition to this one, I wouldn't recommend it.
Kelly O.
Kelly O.
S Abingtn Twp, PA
The Almay Smart Shade Foundation is okay, if you have normal skin - not dry, not oily - and if you need a medium, sheer kind of coverage. It's not really too buildable without looking fake and cakey, so if you need a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. And obviously, the "smart shade" thing is just a gimmick. It's not "smart" it any way. Each bottle matches a given range of shades, just like any other kind of foundation. Going from white to colored is just a gimmick to try to hook the customer. I've had my bottle for a while and it's not even coming out white anymore, it's all one color. Luckily for me, that color matches my skin tone pretty well, but anyone thinking that they'll get a magic match is out of luck.

It's an okay light to medium coverage foundation if you've already got decent skin and you don't need much from a foundation. Add in the cheesey gimmick promising a miracle to women who probably have a tough time finding a color match and are hoping for a lot from this product, and I'm not super impressed.
Rebekka L.
Rebekka L.
Littleton, CO
I liked how light this foundation felt on my skin, but there is a reason it felt light. It didn't cover freckled or anything. All the blemishes on my face showed through, and it was very thin. It did match my skin tone very well, and it blended well, it just doesn't have enough coverage. For someone who just wants something very light though, it would be good to give it a try.
Jennifer A.
Jennifer A.
Paris, KY
I purchased this once and that will be the last time. It didn't cover well. It made my dry skin look even dryer after applying. Yes, it is a smart shade but if you're putting the foundation on with your fingers it's going turn to the color of your fingers, not your face. Which that caused the foundation to look streaky on my face. Not a great product.
Julia B.
Julia B.
Brookline, MA
I was excited to try a drugstore product that promised to match your skin tone and has a health benefits with antioxidants in its ingredients. I does blend well, but at the end looks grey–ish. So, I don't reach for it anymore.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.