Add a Photo

Photos (50)
Yvonne L.
Yvonne L.
Buffalo, NY

I used this awhile ago over the summer and it was terrible. It was watery and almost gritty in texture. It didn't cover very well but I didn't expect it to as I figured it'd be more like a tinted moisturizer. It didn't color match very well...unless it thinks I'm bright orange..and it made me very greasy. :(
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Kirkwood, MO

I am excited about all these new skin tone matching foundations and this is the first that I have tried. I agree with most people that it does blend in, but does not cover anything like foundation should.
Savannah S.
Savannah S.
Chantilly, VA

I used this foundation for awhile. I've found that it is too thin for my needs and barely has any color to it. I also did not like the way it felt on my skin. Even though it was thin it had a cakey feeling to it and didn't really feeling moisturizing at all. Definitely not one of my favorites.
Elvira O.
Elvira O.

I really cant complain on this product. Its gave me such a natural look. It just eventually made my face lighter than it should be. But seriously cant complain cause it covered what needed.
Kelly O.
Kelly O.
Holloman Afb, NM

The Almay Smart Shade Foundation is okay, if you have normal skin - not dry, not oily - and if you need a medium, sheer kind of coverage. It's not really too buildable without looking fake and cakey, so if you need a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. And obviously, the "smart shade" thing is just a gimmick. It's not "smart" it any way. Each bottle matches a given range of shades, just like any other kind of foundation. Going from white to colored is just a gimmick to try to hook the customer. I've had my bottle for a while and it's not even coming out white anymore, it's all one color. Luckily for me, that color matches my skin tone pretty well, but anyone thinking that they'll get a magic match is out of luck.

It's an okay light to medium coverage foundation if you've already got decent skin and you don't need much from a foundation. Add in the cheesey gimmick promising a miracle to women who probably have a tough time finding a color match and are hoping for a lot from this product, and I'm not super impressed.
Rebekka L.
Rebekka L.
Littleton, CO

I liked how light this foundation felt on my skin, but there is a reason it felt light. It didn't cover freckled or anything. All the blemishes on my face showed through, and it was very thin. It did match my skin tone very well, and it blended well, it just doesn't have enough coverage. For someone who just wants something very light though, it would be good to give it a try.
Kapri D.
Kapri D.

I've used this product once and I must say its a must in my makeup bag!! I got one that I wasn't sure would even match my skin tone but let me tell you I had a flawless finish however It made my skin a little oily looking but that could have just been my skin. I would definitely recommend this product!!
Melody P.
Melody P.
Auburn, AL

I tried this foundation a few years ago. It changed colors but not dark enough for my skin tone. It didn't have enough coverage for me and just didn't give me the appearance that I was going for.
Kailin T.
Kailin T.
Summersville, WV

I was so excited to try this when I first heard about it. I'm pale, so finding good foudation is hard for me. I bought this is ivory. At first, it worked. But after about the 3rd use it started turning darker. I was so disappointed. Almay is expensive and was a complete waste of my money. However, it works for my mom. So maybe it depends on the person (:
Adriane B.
Adriane B.
Colorado Spgs, CO

I have used Almay for years and I always end up going back to it after trying different things. It is cruelty free and it never clogs my pores! I like to look natural, and do not like thick foundation so this one is great for me. For those who like to have a made-up look, it might be a little too thin.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.