Add a Photo

Photos (50)
Cristian R.
Cristian R.
edinburg, TEXAS

I TOUGHT THIS PRODUCT WOULD BE GOOD BUT AFTER USING IT FOR A WEEK I DECIDED THAT I WILL NOT CONTINUE USING IT. MY SKIN BROKE OUT A LOT AND IT WAS UNEVEN ON MY SKINTONE AND WORSE IT WAS STICKY!!
Kelly O.
Kelly O.
Holloman Afb, NM

The Almay Smart Shade Foundation is okay, if you have normal skin - not dry, not oily - and if you need a medium, sheer kind of coverage. It's not really too buildable without looking fake and cakey, so if you need a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. And obviously, the "smart shade" thing is just a gimmick. It's not "smart" it any way. Each bottle matches a given range of shades, just like any other kind of foundation. Going from white to colored is just a gimmick to try to hook the customer. I've had my bottle for a while and it's not even coming out white anymore, it's all one color. Luckily for me, that color matches my skin tone pretty well, but anyone thinking that they'll get a magic match is out of luck.

It's an okay light to medium coverage foundation if you've already got decent skin and you don't need much from a foundation. Add in the cheesey gimmick promising a miracle to women who probably have a tough time finding a color match and are hoping for a lot from this product, and I'm not super impressed.
Amanda T.
Amanda T.

This product was wondering in matching skin tone. Gave a clean finish. But for those like myself with oily skin..it wasn't the perfect foundation. It made my skin oily and the foundation rubbed off. My skin broke out. I'm sure if your skin isn't oily, it would be perfect for you
Kapri D.
Kapri D.

I've used this product once and I must say its a must in my makeup bag!! I got one that I wasn't sure would even match my skin tone but let me tell you I had a flawless finish however It made my skin a little oily looking but that could have just been my skin. I would definitely recommend this product!!
Kayla I.
Kayla I.

I usually find Almay amazing but this product was just ok. It had a nice even coverage. Also very light. But you definitely can not wear this product with any skin tone. You should try to match as best you can for the best results. Otherwise in certain lights you may not match well. If you can find your merger skin shade this is a great product!
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Moundsville, WV

I am not a fan of this product. I wanted to try it out because it was supposed to take the guesswork out of finding the right shade of foundation. It comes out white and just gets to one color and feels sticky on the face. Definitely wasn't the perfect product I was looking for.
Catherine G.
Catherine G.
Durand, MI

I hated this product! it looked okay for about 5 minutes and it just got lighter and lighter and looked like a ghost. So I thought I just went a shade to like and then I went back and bought a shade darker and 5 minutes once again went by and it looked like I slathered mud on my face. Not worth it so save your money.
Kelly S.
Kelly S.
Swansea, IL

There was very little coverage. It was more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. The shade oxidized on me so it looked great for a minute then actually dried darker as the day went on. I ended up breaking out from one use as well. Not recommended for oily skin.
Karen M.
Karen M.
Larned, KS

This is the easiest foundation ever goes on smoothly and matches my tone every time though winter and summer.
Sophia T.
Sophia T.
Dallas, Tx

I bought this because it said it changes to match your skin tone exactly. I have a pretty even tone si I thought this would be cool. This product was clearly not meant for black women. In no way did it match my color. And it was a bit grainy too.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.