BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Nika M.
Long Beach, CA
So I tried this about 3-4 years ago so as far as I know the product has not changed, but even if it has, I would definitely not use it again nor would I recommend it. It does not do what it advertises and it really is just a cheap no good foundation.
Kayla I.
I usually find Almay amazing but this product was just ok. It had a nice even coverage. Also very light. But you definitely can not wear this product with any skin tone. You should try to match as best you can for the best results. Otherwise in certain lights you may not match well. If you can find your merger skin shade this is a great product!
Ashley W.
New Carlisle, OH
I use this product almost daily. If you blend it well, it eliminates the orange-y color. It match my skin tone perfectly. I have some acne scars and some pimples still and it hides those quite decently. It can look a little cakey if you over-apply it.
Jessica W.
Plymouth, MI
I was liking this product for quite a bit until I got to the end of the tube, and it stopped correcting to my skin tone! I'm glad I do my makeup in front of the mirror or else I would have gone out with foundation 30 times too dark for my skin tone.
Jennifer F.
Allentown, PA
There's nothing smart about this foundation. The little beads in the makeup are supposed to help blend with your skin.. but they end up just bursting with extra orange pigment for an uneven complexion.

And the coverage you do get is nothing to write home about. Stay away from this foundation!
Vanna L.
I think it would be great for people with clear skin. It does what it says it is light weight it does balance your skin tone , but in my case I have a little redness and a little bit of scares so I prefer a full coverage foundation. It didn't work for me but I'm sure it will work for others ..
Kellyn B.
Merriam, KS
I honestly expected the smart shade stuff to work better. Unfortunately, it always seemed to go darker than my skin tone. If you are looking for a foundation that matches, you would probably be better off going to a beauty store and having them match.
Katrina S.
Brooklyn , NY
I bought this because I have tried the Almay smart shade blush and thought it was great. However, I was not impressed with this. I prefer more of a medium to heavy coverage that will even out your skin tone. This looks like I have nothing on my face and does not cover blemishes or uneven skin.
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
It did what is promised it did kinda change to match my skin tone. But it has these black spots that rub on your skin that ruins your makeup. It smears all over and you can't get the dark spot off. But being a very pale girl, it was a little dark.
Holly H.
Olympia, WA
I really don't enjoy this product. First off, it's very thin and doesn't help very much with medium or full coverage, it just made my skin a weird shade. I tried several different colors and each time it made my face either too hello or too orange. Over all this product just wasn't right for me.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.