BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Hayley B.
Harriman, TN
The foundation did not match to my color. It changed to a darker color making me two toned which is always a big no no with foundation. This product also make my face very oily causing me to have blemishes by the time i took it off at night
Lauren R.
Eugene , OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Easily leaves lines if u aren't careful blending.. Ok for stay at home days but doesn't have very good coverage.
Casey W.
This stuff is not true to color and smells really funky, I honestly would not recommend anyone buy it.
Jenna D.
Kissimmee, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this product for a about a month. I was waiting for it to look better. By no means does it ever say miracle worker on this, but I was expecting something more after it stated it was new shade-sensing technology.
Diana M.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This new foundation claims to match any skin shade magically. It starts out as a white cream and develops into what supposedly is your exact skin tone. This one ounce plastic bottle of foundation comes in Light, Light/Medium, or Medium. I chose Light/Medium. I wish I had chosen Medium. This looks like a cream and then, on the face, does darken and come up to a skin tone shade. But it is much more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. It doesn't cover freckles blemishes, flaws, or redness. It evens out skin tone some and dries to a somewhat powdery finish. On me, it developed to about a shade too light. I am light/medium as far as skin tone but if I ever bought this again, I would try the Medium and hope it matched my skin exactly.

I don't know how this works but it's fun to watch it develop. However, it simply doesn't have the coverage a foundation has. It is much more like moisturizer with a tint. That would be great for flawless skin or those who don't like or need heavier coverage. I prefer a light to medium coverage foundation. I would classify this as sheer. It feels good on the skin and I had no issues with breakouts but I felt I needed more color.

This foundation may be for you if you like sheer coverage or tinted moisturizers. Be sure to choose the right shade because it can look too light or even orangey from what I have heard although I saw no orange. It is so lightweight that I didn't know if it faded or not after a few hours. I could barely see it to begin with.

My Viewpoint

This new skin matching foundation is unique and sheer. It goes on white and matches your skin tone if you have light to medium skin. If you like sheer, tinted moisturizer, you may like this foundation. If you need heavier coverage, I'm afraid this one will disappoint. 3 stars.

Carolina T.
So I feel like a lot of foundations and particularly these types in this tube all vary depending on brand. Almay seems to be the only brand of this type of foundation that doesn't make my skin break-out more then usual. With that being said I do feel like this product is very heavy and somewhat greasy. I try to concentrate it in drier spots of my face. I really like the color it matches well with my complexion and that's hard for me because I have darker skin. Overall this product works for me with my skin type and I like the color.
Lizzy C.
Mesa, AZ
It's not my favorite but I lie it.
Melissa P.
Auburn, NY
Love using this product on days I don't need to be all decked out. Gives a smooth matte finish for a flawless look and a natural feel...i love using this on my days off, it leaves me feeling confidant evenif it is just running errands.
Leah M.
Benton, AR
I really feel like this doesn't match true to shade. I also have super dry skin, so this wasn't a good product for me. Even with moisturizing.
Alexis A.
Fort Thomas, KY
I have been using this foundation for years and I absolutely love it. It matches perfectly to my skin, which I have had trouble with in the past because I am part hispanic and part Italian, so I have an olive complexion. It's also very lightweight and affordable.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.