BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Asma A.
Jackson Hts, NY
Smard shade technology is pure gimmick . it cannot match skin perfectly it comes out orangy on skin. the beads have set color it breaks in to it cannot match the skin. someone people might find it cool i didn't like it . tried it but stopped using.
Vallyn W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a fair/light skin toned girl. I loved the idea of this shadow but was a bit weary about how it would work for those of us with super light skin or super dark skin seeing as there is only 3 shades. Lets just say I wasn't in anyway impressed with the color. It was way to dark for me. We are talking visible makeup line and I just looked like I didn't know how to pick foundation shades. Thank goodness I wasn't in a hurry and could apply a foundation in the right shade. The coverage was really good I have very pink cheeks and it hid that completely (though that might have been just because it was so much darker than my skin) and it felt light on my skin. If they made this in a few more shades it probably would be much better.
Chanae C.
Pompano Beach, FL
Doesn't last very long
Ana P.
I purchased Almay Smart Shade foundation during the summer. I had just moved and unfortunately I had just used the last of my make-up. Since my new home is nowhere near any of the stores that carry the brand of make-up that I use I decided to use a drugstore brand and I hear good things about Almay so I decided to use it. It didn't work out for me and I was very upset that I spent all that money because I bought the entire line of products. My face looked oily and dirty. The coverage was minimal and didn't last very long at all, not even half-a-day.
Gabriela V.
Allentown, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this a while ago when it was still considered a "revolutionary" beauty item. Basically, what this foundation claims to do is adjust itself to your precise skin shade, to eliminate and guesswork or for girls who have a hard time finding their shade. It does not work! Not only did this foundation give me a face about 3 shades too dark, it provided no coverage whatsoever. I had to add my own foundation on top because it actually did nothing for my small blemishes. I don't necessarily like to have a caked on look when I used foundation, but if I'm going through the trouble buying and applying it, I'd like to at least see some of my blemishes disappear. I would only recommend this if you're a beginner to beauty or foundation, and only need light coverage.
Ripley R.
Orlando, FL
Love this product.. Definitely something to try if you haven't yet...love the texture and smoothness and how it settles onto the skin!
Jessica S.
Not for me I'm super light skinned and even the light was to dark for me but it Also didn't seem to blend very well and left m skin a little dry
Ashley A.
Scotts, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This did not go on well at all. Left dark colored streaks on my face and was not blendable at all. Tried once and tossed it.
Anjali R.
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah so much hype abt this product bt wat I really feel that it's average product ... Not much coverage blends with ur skin color is somewhat right bt consistency is very watery nd I don't like that so overall it's a no for me...
Tafura T.
This kind of product start out gray/white and is suppose to adjust to your skin color but the first time i tried it it just stayed gray!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.