BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Priscilla K.
Peoria, AZ
Not a product I would recommend.. This product implies that it takes the guess work out of finding your right foundation tone.. Pretty much what I've seen, the foundation comes out one color. No matter who you put it on, it turns out the same color.. It doesn't match anything!!
Stephanie R.
Bowling Green, KY
If it is summer, then yes I would recommend this product because it picks up the wrong tones and really covers well. In the winter, it seems to pick up a dark tone and make me too dark. But sometimes it works fine. Really unsure about it but for the most part I like it.
Danielle R.
Booneville, MS
Ummm first it is not smart at all! Got help picking out my supposed shade or whatever, go home and try it out and noooooo!! It just sits there and no matter how I try to blend nothing works. On top of that it is super messy and I had no coverage. Gonna stick with MAC for now...
Tracy S.
Pitman, NJ
Although I did not try the foundation, I did try the Smart Shade concealer. I thought it was perfect since I was a beginner on finding the right shade for my skin. I did like the concept but the concealer settled in my creases almost immediately. I rate this a C because maybe they have made improvements since I have tried it. After reading some more reviews, I just might try it again.
Haley B.
Scottsburg, IN
I bought this hoping it would be a light weight foundation. It is in fact light weight, but perhaps a little too light. It doesn't give any coverage and didn't last long at all. Also I'm extremely light skinned and even the lightest shade was too dark and left an orange color.
Genevieve N.
Levittown, PA
I was dissappointed when I used it coz the commercial seemed very promising. Unfortunately, my pores were more visible, looks 'cakey' and i ended up taking it off. Sorry. I'm still in a mission to find the right foundation for my skin. Plus it didn't match my skin color too.
Sondra J.
Los Angeles, CA
This product did not work very well. The only way that I was able to get effective results from using the product was to use it with my other foundation. This foundation by itself did not hold up for more then 2 hours on. It was disappointing. I like the intention behind the product but if it does not hold up under normal use.
Charissa O.
Vancouver, WA
I'm a total MAC girl, so using Almay wasn't really my usual.... But I was broke so hey. However, I didn't feel like it "matched" my skin at all. I think it's just a marketing scheme. I thought it was a little too runny as well to give coverage that works. Let's just say, I've had it for 6mo, and I still have most of it left
Jenna S.
Iowa City, IA
I personally love this product. I have a problem with oily skin and this foundation has never caused that problem to get worse like most makeups. There are some downsides if you're looking for a concealer type foundation. This works great for blending with your skin but look elsewhere if you're looking to cover up flaws. I use this mainly on my nose and around my eyes. It works great as a primer for my eyeshadow without feeling too heavy.
Valerie F.
Knoxville, TN
I just finished a bottle/tube of Smart Shade and while I like the lightness of it, I would like a little more coverage (that's the point of a foundation, correct?). My skin tone changes quite often and I thought this "shade-sensing" technology would keep up. Unfortunately, not as well as I would like. I'd still give it an A-
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.