BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Makayla D.
Fort Bragg, NC
While seeing the commercials for this product, I wanted to find a makeup that would blend in with my natural skin color and hide blemishes like it says it does. This product doesn't work and it made me look orange. I advise that you spend those few extra dollars on make up that actually works.
Jocelyn C.
Lyndhurst, NJ
It comes out white which is scary lol, but it changes on your skin... the only problem is... the color that it changes too doesn't really go right.. its too pink for my yellow undertones..... i do like the way it feels and it did blend well... but I am making it work by mixing it with another color...
Lindsay S.
I don't really know how well it changes to match the shade of your skin, I know it starts out white and turns to roughly the same shade of beige every time. It works well to cover up and even out my skin. I'm a pretty big fan of it. Except when you've had the bottle too long and it randomly turns as dark a brown as it can manage! Not a fun surprise.
Hannah R.
Haysville, KS
I have used Almay products for a long time because they are the only makeup brand that makes shades that I can use with my super fair skin. I love this foundation because it blends in perfectly with my skin tone, and doesn't show a line because it's too dark like most others that I have tried. I also use the powder with it, and the finish to my skin is flawless and you can't tell that I am wearing makeup
Janet K.
Waltham, ma
I use this for my makeup I wear to work or when I don't want to waste expensive makeup. It does do a good job matching my skin color but I've noticed that if I have a blemish or something that it will go on darker in that area.
Another thing I didn't like about it is that it makes dry skin look more dry and ashy.
You have to make sure you blend this in really well because wherever you stop applying makeup (like your jaw line) it will create a darker streak In that area
Savannah S.
Chantilly, VA
I used this foundation for awhile. I've found that it is too thin for my needs and barely has any color to it. I also did not like the way it felt on my skin. Even though it was thin it had a cakey feeling to it and didn't really feeling moisturizing at all. Definitely not one of my favorites.
Laura M.
I have extremely sensitive skin as well as a very fair complexion, I tried this foundation because I was hoping that it would do what was advertised and match my skin tone. I normally wear the fairest foundation made regarding numerous brands. This foundation was way to dark for me and had a weird yellowish tint to it. This would be great for person with medium skin tones with a yellow undertone. I found the coverage to be a bit cakey on my skin. Would not purchase again!
Ashley T.
I tried this product years ago when it first came out. I purchased the medium shade and was pleased as punch when it changed to match my skin tone. It was not an exact match but worked well enough for light coverage. Overall it was ho hum, not worth purchasing again but fun to try for awhile.
Belinda G.
Bluffton, IN
I didn't like the way it felt as I applied it to my face and I didn't get the results I had expected for such a high priced foundation but it was ok. It just didn't seem to match mt face as well as i wanted it to and I could see it. Maybe its just me but I tend to look in the mirror and get a side view of myself to see if my makeup line is showing .
Maria L.
I bought thi because i ran out of my Maybelline b cream and decided to try the smart shade technology. lets first stay the product STINKS and not a little but a lot. the mell lingers on you after. it turned a couple shades darker than my actual sking and i felt like my skin was oily after putting it on. tried it a few more times didn't work either.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.