BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Kailin T.
Summersville, WV
I was so excited to try this when I first heard about it. I'm pale, so finding good foudation is hard for me. I bought this is ivory. At first, it worked. But after about the 3rd use it started turning darker. I was so disappointed. Almay is expensive and was a complete waste of my money. However, it works for my mom. So maybe it depends on the person (:
Kelsey V.
Stillwater, MN
It is so hard to find the right shade of foundation! Almay makes it soooo much easier with its Smart Shade Foundation. I love it! I'm not wasting hours in the cosmetics department (not that I wouldn't want to live there...) trying to flawlessly match my skin tone. No more orange skin, no more ashy-pale looking tones. It's perfect! Home run for Almay!
Ashley A.
This foundation's main attraction for me was the "smart shade" aspect, which ultimately made it easier for me to pick a shade and know my odds of it matching were much higher. It is very full coverage. However it leans a little more on the cakey side and leaves an unnatural finish, like paint. I also find that it oxidized and turned orange at places like under my jawline/by my ears and around my nostril creases.
KRISTINA C.
I was exicted to try this product because I find it very difficult to find a foundation to match my skin tone. I have fair skin, but even the light product was noticeably darker on my skin. I ended up mixing this product with a facial moisturizer to thin it out so that it wasn't so noticeable on my face. Needless to say I do not plan on purchasing this again. I do not think it is worth the price when I have to mix it with another product just to make it work for my skin tone.
Savannah S.
Chantilly, VA
I used this foundation for awhile. I've found that it is too thin for my needs and barely has any color to it. I also did not like the way it felt on my skin. Even though it was thin it had a cakey feeling to it and didn't really feeling moisturizing at all. Definitely not one of my favorites.
Laura S.
Pinckney, MI
This is not the kind of product you should buy if you have acne, scarring, blemishes, or discoloration! It's one of those 'foundations' that you use when you already have perfect skin, just to even your skin tone out a little bit. I probably wouldn't buy it again. It was kind of watery for me!
Hannah W.
Saint Louis, MO
I did not like this at all. I got it last summer as a lighter foundation to wear and it made my skin oily and didn't do much covering. Also I picked it up after about a month of not using it to see if my skin had changed and it turned black when I rubbed it in. I will never give this a shot again.
Trina T.
I like this product; however, I feel that it is a little darker than what the product description states. It was a little watery; however, I was able to shake the bottle and mix the product to give it a more thicker consistency. I'm not sure I would purchase this again; however, it is alright.
Jocelyn C.
Lyndhurst, NJ
It comes out white which is scary lol, but it changes on your skin... the only problem is... the color that it changes too doesn't really go right.. its too pink for my yellow undertones..... i do like the way it feels and it did blend well... but I am making it work by mixing it with another color...
Makayla D.
Fort Bragg, NC
While seeing the commercials for this product, I wanted to find a makeup that would blend in with my natural skin color and hide blemishes like it says it does. This product doesn't work and it made me look orange. I advise that you spend those few extra dollars on make up that actually works.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.