BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Tiffany V.
Ontario, Ny
I tried this foundation a couple times. Personally, it's as cheap as the packaging. I think this is a good product for a 13 year old who is just starting to discover makeup. The product itself is light weight and has a small amount of SPF. The consistency is more watery than thick with tiny beads that I believe the marketers refer to as the "shade-sensing technology". The beads are what add the color. I feel that the marketers did a nice job hyping up a mediocre product that I personally found disappointing.
Kelly S.
Swansea, IL
There was very little coverage. It was more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. The shade oxidized on me so it looked great for a minute then actually dried darker as the day went on. I ended up breaking out from one use as well. Not recommended for oily skin.
Kapri D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've used this product once and I must say its a must in my makeup bag!! I got one that I wasn't sure would even match my skin tone but let me tell you I had a flawless finish however It made my skin a little oily looking but that could have just been my skin. I would definitely recommend this product!!
Brittney A.
Hampton, VA
My dermatologist recommended this "foundation" to me, knowing damn well i have a bunch of acne scaring/hyper-pigmintatiom to cover. It doe feel nice and light but it isn't the sort of coverage i need. Also i an very pale and this didn't seem to match me properly.
Jennifer C.
Vicksburg, MI
I am not sure if I got a bad one or what but this does not seem to have color adjustin properties I also have dry skin and its not dryin to the skin but for some reason where i tend to get drier this mskes it look patchy
Danielle D.
I like it I really... I'm like a medium. I really like how it's light and not really heavy, I'm 15 and it's not to much for me I still look natural. But it does fade after a while, but I like to wash my face in the afternoon so it doesn't bother me too much. I have really sensitive skin and it didn't break me out, that's another pulse for me.
Kelly O.
S Abingtn Twp, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Almay Smart Shade Foundation is okay, if you have normal skin - not dry, not oily - and if you need a medium, sheer kind of coverage. It's not really too buildable without looking fake and cakey, so if you need a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. And obviously, the "smart shade" thing is just a gimmick. It's not "smart" it any way. Each bottle matches a given range of shades, just like any other kind of foundation. Going from white to colored is just a gimmick to try to hook the customer. I've had my bottle for a while and it's not even coming out white anymore, it's all one color. Luckily for me, that color matches my skin tone pretty well, but anyone thinking that they'll get a magic match is out of luck.

It's an okay light to medium coverage foundation if you've already got decent skin and you don't need much from a foundation. Add in the cheesey gimmick promising a miracle to women who probably have a tough time finding a color match and are hoping for a lot from this product, and I'm not super impressed.
Laticia V.
Kewanee, IL
Kind of thick but long lasting!!!
Ari P.
Baltimore , MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this product for a while now. I've found that it's best to go lighter than you think - i use the light/fair shade except for when I'm feeling exceptionally tan in middle of summer. it has good coverage insofar as it evens out skin tone pretty well. the one thing i hate is that you need to shake it up as it gets toward the end so the color beads distribute more evenly...otherwise you'll be streaky.
Madison B.
It is not a smart shade makeup whatsoever. It develops a small amount of unmatched color and leaves you looking worse than before you applied it.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.