BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Dylan D.
Atlanta, GA
I've purchased multiple shapes of Almay Smart Shade Foundation to "match" my skin in attempts to make it actually match my skin and every single time I've used it my face had a distinct orange tint. It's a shame too, since all other aspects of the foundation are great -- it's light coverage that lasts through the day.
paris s.
Grand Rapids, MI
It has okay coverage and don't get it wet at all it will get weirdly orange and you have to blend it in right otherwise its very patchy but its not a bad foundation i don't know if mine got old but i reached for it and it just started rubbing off as soon as i put on but i don't know i didn't have it for that long
Amanda S.
Garden City, KS
I didn't really care for this product once I used it. I have troubles matching my skin tone and so I figured if give this product a try. I was very disappointed to find that my skin looked blotchy and felt a little greasy.
Alicia R.
Ocean Springs, MS
Do not leave in the heat or else you'll look like an oompa loompa! This make up is very easy to use, but it does not always come out the exact color. I tend to look orange at times depending when and how i apply the make up.
Elizabeth N.
SEVERN, MD
I always have such a hard time trying to match foundations. I've finally found one that helps take out all of the guess work. I was skeptical at first, but it really does work. The coverage is great. The only issue is that it leaves my face a bit shiny. No problem though!...I just finish off with pressed powder and voila! My skin looks smooth & my blemishes are concealed.
Sandra G.
Mesa, AZ
When it comes to foundation i can never find a shade that matches my skin. I end up buying a shade that is too light or too dark. It can be tough, but with Almay smart shade makeup, i can find the shade that is perfect for me. It blends evenly and doesn't dry my skin and I don't have that cakey look and i love that.
Megan O.
Laramie, WY
My skin is extremely uneven and I had been looking for a product to even it out. I didn't want a real thick foundation because it feels to heavy. This product blended out really well and it really does match to your skin tone! I would put this in the category of a BB cream. It evens out your skin but if you want blemish coverage or anything like that it won't do the job.
Maryjane B.
I bought this with high hopes that the perfect shade technology would be able to match my skin. When I initially tried it during the winter months my skin was pretty fair. Even in the lightest shade it was too dark. Even worse the color oxidized and turned orange after a few hours and made my face look shiny.
Deidra M.
Gettysburg, PA
I went into trying this with zero expectations and was shocked by how much I love this! I always use with a primer and get a medium coverage. The shade match his pretty awesome! This does need to be blended well. I use my real techniques expert face brush and let it dry before setting with a powder. Lasts at least an 8 hr day with minimum shine (I have oily skin).
Aryah C.
Bremerton, WA
I hate this stuff! I'm in year book and I got this thinking it would make my skin look picture perfict and wheh they needed my picture ( i am an editor ) I had broken out like crazy! I felt so bad I asked the teacher to photoshop the zits out. But he didn't because photoshop cots like $300 so on the Yearbook Staff page I have zits and red blotchy skin. Thanks Almay....
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.