BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Sarah W.
You cannot expect this to be a full coverage foundation, or even a foundation in the traditional sense. For me, at least, it is more of a skin smoothing cream that evens out the skin tones. I will say, every time I use this I always think about getting rid of it, but then I set it with a powder and I like it a lot better then. Also, because it is shade adjusting and the skin my face is darker than my neck, I am not able to match my foundation with my neck. I also feel like I end up using a lot of the foundation. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars because that's really where I am at with it. I will probably keep it, but probably won't repurchase it when I run out.
Kaitlyn O.
I was pretty disappointed with this smart shade makeup. I would put it on the back of my hand first and then it would turn a really dark shade of brown from what if was originally: Light-pale
Sabella M.
I haven't been wanting to use a full coverage foundation so I bought this on a recommendation from Tati. I enjoy it because it's easy to put on my face when I don't want anything heavy. It's a little too red for my skin tone but when I blend a powder in my shade over it, I look fine. I do like the light coverage and how it is buildable over my problem areas. I wish they had a larger variety of shades and were more of a yellow undertone. When it gets too hot, it does get a bit patchy, especially when I don't use a primer. Putting a primer underneath this is important for it to last and not separate. I do like this product though, it's good for on the go.
Sunny M.
Wichita, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this every day, over my moisturizer. It smooths out your complexion but will not clog pores and make you break out. It has SPF to help protect your skin, and is super affordable. When I buy at target usually I get a coupon for more. I just buy three at a time so I never run out. I wear it everyday, and people compliment me all the time on my "perfect skin". Small package, a little goes a long way, easy to throw in gym bag or purse. I usually apply with my hands or use a foundation brush. I received a complimentary sample of this product to use and review.
RealLifeWen L.
Santa Barbara, CA
THIS PRODUCT IS SUCH A TRIP! I apply with my hands, then go in with a damp beauty sponge to smooth out the edges around my hairline and chin/neck. the cover is medium. More than I expected for what I thought was a tinted moisturizer. It does have a weird chemical scent that dissapates in a few moments time. I'm Light/Medium and could probably do a combo of Light and Light/Medium. Easy to lightly powder over, throw on some blush and get out the door. ALSO - It doesn't make me greasy oily by end of day (but I'm using a matte primer.) For the cost and especially if you have drugstore discounts, its worth the purchase!
Halley L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was really excited to try this after reading good reviews online and seeing it on YouTube, where it was mentioned that this is good for oily skin. I was not disappointed with the staying power-- I have oily skin and it stays put with no shine the whole day. That being said, this is a very light coverage product, more of a tinted moisturizer/BB cream type product. For me, I enjoy the naturalness of it for everyday use, and I love that it has SPF in it too. It truly feels moisturizing going on, which usually doesn't work for me because of my skin type. However, it soaks into your skin beautifully and just enhances your skin.
laura j.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am a big fan of BB/CC creams and this Almay Smart Shade is now a new favorite! It comes out of the tube an off white slight beige and as it is rubbed in it transforms into your skin's color for a perfect shade match. I don't know how they do it, but it is amazing!

I like the design of the packaging, it is in a small squeeze bottle that makes it perfect for throwing into my makeup bag for travel. We recently went away for July 4th and this is what I brought along with me.

Samni W.
Double Spgs, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This foundation really doesn't work. It doesn't match your skin unless you are that specific skin tone. It doesn't really have a range and it feels cakey because it never dries.
member-c00771b14
Grand Bay, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am in love with this product! Perfect for summer! I haven't found a con yet! It's super lightweight and easy to apply! It lasted me from about 8 in the morning until I took it off around 6! I bought two of them just in case I run out!
Laney B.
El Reno, Ok
I started using this during the summer. Liked that it was so light weight and breathable. But the more I wore it the more I wanted to keep wearing it. I was very skeptical if the skin matching claims. Having tried other brands making the same claim I thought it would be a fail. I was so wrong

Best stuff ever. I purchase the light and if gives me the most perfect match. It's fairly light coverage but putting on a bit thicker layer when needed helps most stops.

At this point, having spend years trying to find the perfect match I think this will be my ride or die foundation from now on.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.