BY ALMAY

Available In 6 Skintone-adjusting Shades

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Dezi M.
Review for: Light/Medium more...
This product was so thick and oily on my face. I did not like this at all. No matter how much I blended it , it always left my face streaky. The product it's self it white with dark dots that rub in when you mix it together which is appartely the new formula. it just has very poor coverage and I will not buy again
Kristen P.
Review for: Smart Balance 100 more...
Gives a really good natural smooth finish. Is not full coverage and is every sheer only has a slight tint. appears slightly dewy. Available at Walmart. No harsh smell. Comes out white and turns your shade. Doesn't leave and streaks. Easy to apply just use your hands (wash and sanitize hands first to avoid breakouts)
Kelley S.
Warrenton, VA
Really disappointed. So orangey and I got the lightest shade. Didn't blend at all and looked super patchy, stuck to my dry spots. Didn't cover my acne. My face was a completely different color than my neck and I didn't like how I had to apply with my fingers for the little beads to break. It just looked dirty, I won't be purchasing again.
Jenna V.
Portland, ME
I purchased Almay Smart Shade Foundation in Medium after reading a number of reviews of a different Almay foundation product. I ran out of my Clinique foundation and I was looking for something more affordable and usable for summer days when my skin gets tanned and brown. I definitely agree that their shades run dark so beware you may want to buy a shade lighter than you're used to.

While the color shade quality is not perfect, it's not horrible for me either. I get very brown in the summer, so this actually gives me more color where my face isn't tanned. I always use this product with a moisturizer with SPF so I can blend the product to the shade I need. I always shake the bottle, even squeeze it around, before opening. The pigment can settle if you don't use the product for a while, so its important to mix it so you don't get too much dark pigment to work with.

This even though this foundation is liquid, it doesn't make my face feel overly caked. When I happen to sweat, it doesn't feel like it's running down my face. This is not a foundation I would use for special events or a night on the town, but I'll definitely use it when I go to the beach, go to work, or run around with errands.
Marisol R.
Monterey Park, CA
I bought this on a whim. I had ran out of my holy grail foundation (Revlon ColorStay). Sadly my local CVS had ran out of my shade (320) and i didn't feel like searching for my right shade in another brand so i figured this was a good easy solution.

BIG MISTAKE!!! I should have at least tried to find something, anything that matched my skin.

I'm a MAC NC40 so finding my shade isn't too difficult if i use this as reference and do a quick online search for the corresponding shade in other brands. But i had heard great things about Almay and how it wasn't as damaging to your skin so i thought I'd give it a try.

Not only did it look Ashy but it looked super oily on my skin. Because of this, it didn't last very long on my face. I tried setting it with translucent powder but that didn't help much. By the end of the day i had patches of skin showing and i just really wasn't impressed.

Because they claim the beads will adjust to your natural skin color, they only made 3 shades to pick from. I picked the light medium because the medium looked too dark. When i exchanged it for medium i was right, it was too dark. So it was a choice between my face looking ashy or fake tanned. I could mix them together and hopefully get the right shade but that really defeats the purpose of the "smart shade technology" not to mention for $13 each i might as well just get a higher end foundation that i know I'm gonna love and will be the right shade. So the first chance i got i went back to CVS and luckily they had my holy grail foundation in my shade.
Jess T.
Philadelphia , PA
Does not accurately match skin tone. In fact, it's about 2-3 shades darker on my skin in the light/medium tone. Benefit is that it does have spf coverage. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out your skin. I would for sure test this before buying it to see if it accurately matches your skin tone.
Erica G.
Pittston , ME
although I am a makeup gal, love trying new products, especially foundation.I must say when I saw the White runny texture I was a bit nervous. I know it has matching technology to insure a perfect match. I do like the idea behind the skin matching technology and the pigment speed with in the Foundation. As soon as you start blending the foundation out the pigment beads burst and start mimicking your skins own natural color. Or this is what it's supposed to do. If I had to rate on a scale of 1 to 10 on effectiveness was the skin matching quality I would rate it a 6. and although there is a lot of room for improvement with in this formula I do believe it is a quality product for the price. Perfect for younger gals and or people just starting dabbling with makeup in my opinion. However I will not be re purchasing this product as it's not a great match for me. I have combination skin that is semi hard to match its tone, I have acne prone skin with oily and dry patches. Although I'm looking for good coverage I'm also looking for a natural feel and finish.. and this wasn't it for me. If you have it kicking around or receive it as a gift I do suggest giving it a go as it may work great for you and what you're looking for. With that said I'm also not suggesting 2 run out and go purchase this Foundation either
b ..
I actually love this product. If you don't want much coverage and perfect for summer since its lightweight can't fell it on face. I had it on light. And use it when I don't want much of a cake face
Niki B.
About the foundation:
Finally a makeup that takes the guesswork out of finding your perfect shade. breakthrough shade-sensing technology instantly adjusts to the color of your skin. the lightweight formula starts out white and adjusts to right. formulated with an antioxidant blend of grape seed, ginseng, and ginkgo biloba to nurture your skin. for a beautiful, natural finish every time.
I received my free sample in the mail and was immediately excited to give this a try. I work in a law office so it is very important that my make-up last all day long. So When I leave at 8 am it looks the same as it does at 6pm. I have naturally oily skin so most times if I can get away with it I don’t wear foundation, for this reason. Almay Smart Shade Foundation may have changed my mine. I used this for a little over two weeks and here is my review.
Review:
I found this foundation to be lightweight and oil free, also says it is hypoallergenic so that is a plus too. The light-medium is the could I chose and seemed to be a great match for me, I did not feel like I had just plastered on layers of makeup, it did last al day with a couple powder touch ups here and there. I think it is a great product for what it does. The price for the $6.00 to $8.00 depending on where to get it. I would definitely pay $6.00 for this product and recommend to my friends.

If you need more info on Almay products visit them at http://www.almay.com/
Bianca M.
I recieved this product in a trial packaged and I absolutely loved it becaise it matched my skin tone and felt like cream and very light weight. You also dont need much which is awesome!!!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.