BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Naomi O.
Xenia, IL
I LOVE this makeup! I bought it a few weeks ago and I will be switching to Almay Smart Shade! It looks so natural. It does look like you have makeup on. Love that it only takes a small amount to get the job done. I highly recommend this product to everyone!
Bianca M.
I recieved this product in a trial packaged and I absolutely loved it becaise it matched my skin tone and felt like cream and very light weight. You also dont need much which is awesome!!!
Mai D.
After many years of using makeup (on/off), I found myself still a novice in this field. I considered myself a novice because I don't always use makeup when I go out so I am not very good at putting makeup on my face to make myself look presentable. I found that it is too much of a hassle, too many steps, and time consuming. So I opted to use the Almay Smart Shade Foundation instead of all other traditional make up because it was easy to use. Mind you I used this product many months ago. It was very easy to apply, I just use my fingers. It spread pretty evenly but the shade that I bought (to me) made my look skin lighter, therefore I thought it made my face look weird and not natural at all. So I went and bought a shade darker which made my skin looks much darker. I can’t seem to find a medium/natural shade for my skin. Also, it feels sticky even after i use the finishing powder and it sometime it looks scaly and dry even after I use moisturizer. Perhaps I need to invest in a better moisturizer. Nevertheless, I give this product a B because it was easy to use, and shaved few minutes off of my makeup routine. I don’t like it anymore because it starting to make my face look dry and not natural because of the shades differences.
Katie R.
Review for: Light/Medium more...
I definitely like this product because its white on your skin and when you rub it in it completely changes color! And if you have oliy or shiny skin i would definitely 100% recommend this because its matte too! And when you put it on it feels so moisturizing on your skin and it doesnt look cakey at all!
Madison H.
I've had this product for about a month now and heard about it through other people. It is so amazing! I have oily skin and experience dry spots and it always looks amazing on my skin! It's so light and surprisingly gives light-medium coverage for me. It's build able and just a light coat gives the skin an over all great look! I usually put some on my hands and rub them together and spread it all over my face and i know your like what!?! Your probably like use a brush! You don't even need one for this product and it looks so much better in my option using my hands to apply it! And after I finish it with powder and then setting spray and its so crazy because it stays on me for almost 10 hours!!!! And you can't go wrong with choosing a color that doesn't match because it is a white liquid that changes to match your skin tone, it's insane!! One of my summer essentials!
Laura (Katie) H.
Norfolk, VA
This stuff is just alright...but actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. When I heard the term "smart shade," and then saw how it applied, I thought it would be god awful and would never buy it. But, surprisingly, I went to borrow a certain lipstick from my mom the other day (all she wears is reds...she literally has every shade), and I saw THIS in her makeup box! Now, yes, she is my mom, but my mom actually has surprisingly high expectations when it comes to makeup. She uses products like Dior, Chanel, and a lot of Clinique, so she's not just gonna go buy something at the drugstore and hope it works. She bought it, tried it, and for her, it worked! It didin't cover every flaw, but it did give her a light foundation she could wear. The whole deal with smart shade though...it doesn't change color to adjust to your skin. All it does it melt into your skin from a white, finely grained consistency to a transparent-type consistency. It's not an awful product, from my experience with it, but I definitely wouldn't use it on a regular basis or buy it again, since I have more acne scars and sunspots (and generally more sensitive skin) than my mother. Overall, eh. Maybe a C+.
Lauren R.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Light/Medium more...
Ive heard really good things about this product! Its drug store so reasonably priced and it comes in a wide range of colors! It looks good on the skin and doesn't appear cakey at all. I also really like this brand because all of the product they produce are so good!
Maggie W.
Owings Mills, MD
I love this product! It's my summer go-to foundation. The shade range is horrible but if you can find a shade that will match you this is a summer must have. It's so lightweight and easy to blend. It looks so natural on the ski and has the perfect finish.
Sierra P.
Forest Hill, TX
I loved this foundation. So far it's been the best one at matching my skin tone color. Never again will I have to remember a foundation color number. I just go in and grab one of the three shades and boom, I'm outta there. A little goes a long way.
Jenna B.
I only gave this product a C because as a foundation, it's too sheer for me. This foundation was the very first face makeup I ever used and I did like it when I was still in high school because it was so sheer and didn't look like I was wearing a ton of makeup. Now that I'm older, I need more of a medium coverage, so, unfortunately, this doesn't cut it. I've tried using it as a primer/bb cream and it works wonders! I highly recommend it if you have a medium coverage foundation and you want to make it a full coverage foundation. Instead of adding on more layers of the thicker medium coverage foundation, you could add the Almay Smart Shade under it and your skin will look flawless!
Two things that I have to note: 1) This makeup does smell a little weird, so if you are sensitive to smell, this definitely will be a "no" for you.
2) I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin. I didn't have oily skin in high school so it worked great for me, but as I got older, my skin got oilier. My face looked like a shiny mess after a few hours. If you are going to use this, you HAVE to set it with either a pressed or loose powder!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.