BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Mary G.
Richmond, VA
This smart shade was a bit disappointing, but all of the foundations that morph color to match your exact skin tone seem to be remarkably similar. It has a strange slightly oil feel to it but it smooths on nicely and I thought it blended well with almay concealer. It didn't settle into fine lines or pores so the overall appearance was pretty smooth but the pigment did not create continuity the way these smart shade products are supposed to.
I think this is a good product for the very young, intro to makeup user.
Karina S.
Ringgold, GA
I gave this product a C because although it didn't work for me I think it may work for others. I saw a lot of people saying this turned their skin orange, but for me it looked too pink. I have a yellow undertone and so ANYTHING remotely pink toned looks terrible on me. I think if your are going to have a product that has this smart shade technology is actually needs to work lol
Tesla H.
Camden, SC
I love my Almay Smart Shade! I have really fair skin and it is really hard for me to find makeup that doesn't make me look unnaturally dark. With this i have the light and it is perfect! It blends into my skin perfectly and covers up blemishes like a charm!!! I will 100% definitely be buying this product again and again.
Chelsey P.
I bought this on a whim because I thought, "Awesome, a foundation that will match me? I don't need to give my first born child to find the right match? Score!" Yeah, it doesn't work. I'm VERY pale and this stuff made me look orange and sickly. I hated it so much I threw it away instead of seeing if a friend wanted it.
Dylan D.
Atlanta, GA
I've purchased multiple shapes of Almay Smart Shade Foundation to "match" my skin in attempts to make it actually match my skin and every single time I've used it my face had a distinct orange tint. It's a shame too, since all other aspects of the foundation are great -- it's light coverage that lasts through the day.
Amy B.
Yreka, CA
I ran out of foundation and one of my pet peeves is having to find the right foundation for my complexion. I was not impressed with Almay as the shade seemed to not blend; there was a difference between the color of my face and the color of my neck. Also, I have rosacea and this product did not work to hide the redness.
K S.
Not my favorite foundation at all. It has an oily texture, and while it does adopt a different color on your skin than right out of the bottle, it doesn't seem to magically match as it's supposed to. I don't expect to get the correct shade the first time for most foundation, but for this one, color matching should be no problem. Unfortunately this turned out way too dark for my skin, and after only a few months it had expired into an oily grey mess. As much as I wanted to love it, I won't be trying this one again.
Jayne R.
Palm Bay, FL
Love this makeup, it defiantly helps blend my decolletage to my face. As a pinup model that is very important as I don't want to be off color in photos...I do not want too much photo shop! This is my go to make-up of choice.
Kirstin P.
Chesterfield , VA
My friend gave me this to try and it matches my skin tone very well and it goes on well, but it didn't feel comfortable. I felt like it was thick and Coated on. I asked my aunt if I was applying it right and she said I was that I wasn't putting too much even though it felt like there was globs if it sitting in my face.
Kathleen C.
Orlando, FL
I have used the Fair/Medium shade and was not super disappointed. I like its hypoallergenic elements, and the lack of scent overall. It's a light coverage for days where nothing major is going on (errands, park) and SPF is a plus. I wouldn't use for a night out or a day when pictures were sure to be taken, but again the ease and blend ability was cool for any average day.
Jorlenny A.
Orlando, FL
I saw the commercial for this and I really wanted to try it but does it actually work like it says? Does it really Change into ur shade?
Caitlin R.
Does this make anyone else break out really bad, compared to other products??
Zykia J.
Ive been wanting to try this foundation but i don't know if its worth it. should ii buy it
Laurelle S.
Santa Clara, CA
What do you use to apply?
Christine L.
Does this look natural? How long does it last?