BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Emily G.
Plainsboro, NJ
I bought this back in high school and absolutely hated it. For a 'smart shade' product that was supposed to match skin tone, it turned into an orangey yellow shade that in no way matched my light and neutral toned skin. I can't imagine that it's an easy product to formulate, but I would never market a product with results like that.
Chanel A.
N Las Vegas, NV
I used to use smart shade all the time! And it really does what it says, matches your skin. I felt it had good coverage, concealer was barely needed. I thought mine "went bad" really fast though. It got really orange and clumpy and then made my skin peel. However did not have us ha bad experience that I wouldn't try this again
Hannah J.
Yorktown, VA
I have fairly sensitive skin. Emphasis on FAIRLY. My face is the least likely to react to products. So you can see why I was surprised when my face started to burn when applying this. At first it was tolerable, the stinging sensation that is, but then I could not take it anymore. The sad thing is it didn't even do the job. My face seemed a shade darker, and there was barely any coverage.
Elizabeth S.
I have very oily skin, especially in my t-zone and this foundation left my shiny within an hour after application. I have a warm tone in my skin and at first the foundation matched nicely however towards the end of the day I saw that the foundation oxidized and turned a little orange-y on my skin. This foundation is not for girls that are looking for that flawless, full coverage, matte foundation. This will leave you incredibly dewy, so dry skinned girls should definitely try it out!
Ashley R.
Wetumpka, AL
It is hard to get a good match to your skin tone. For me it comes out uneven and splotchy. I ended up washing it of and using a different foundation. I generally wear beige type foundations but the medium was WAY too dark and had a bit of a red tone to it. Maybe the light would work better but then again it may be to pale for me.
Nadia F.
I found this foundation to be like a lightweight tinted moisturizer. This is perfect for me because I don't need that much coverage at all. I think if someone is looking for a tinted moisturizer coverage level, this is for them. I will admit the consistency is a tad weird but that's why this product is unique. I was happy I didn't have a guess a shade and it adjusted to my skin tone.
Mary M.
Frederick, MD
It goes on easily but does not always blend thoroughly and leaves orange spots sometimes. It also does not have excellent coverage, it gets basic blemishes and discolorations, however it does not cover redspots or anything like that.
Sarah W.
East Hampton, CT
I don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup, being a one income family with 3 kids, so I really look forward to the times I can pick up a few pieces of makeup, this was one of the most disappointing items I have wasted my money on. It didn't do anything, and where my skin is dry it caked on it and made it even more noticeable.
Rachael R.
Altoona, PA
I had to use what seemed like a lot of this at one time and it doesn't match my skin tone all that well. If it isn't applied correctly it can look streaky and if you put too much in one spot and don't catch it, there will literally be dark lines on your face that won't come off unless you wash your face and start over. I wouldn't recommend buying this if you want to have an airbrushed look.
Mary B.
Staten Island, NY
Its been several years since I have used this foundation. As a black girl it is imperative for you to find a shade that matches your skin tone. The magic that this foundation claims to be able to do is impossible. It ends up looking ashy and white and you look ghost faced. It does not oxidize immediately. One shade does not fit all.
Jorlenny A.
Orlando, FL
I saw the commercial for this and I really wanted to try it but does it actually work like it says? Does it really Change into ur shade?
Caitlin R.
Does this make anyone else break out really bad, compared to other products??
Zykia J.
Ive been wanting to try this foundation but i don't know if its worth it. should ii buy it
Laurelle S.
Santa Clara, CA
What do you use to apply?
Christine L.
Does this look natural? How long does it last?