BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Moneisha T.
Inkster, MI
I hate this product! Its runny it just doesn't look natural on the face! It gives off a white ghostly cast on the face! And don't take pictures with flash because it will give you a horrible greasy look! And on top of that this product broke my face out! I have combination skin so yeah I would not recommend this product to any 1!
Karina K.
Ive never had luck with any almay products so this is the last almay product ive tried. Its sheer and feels gross going on. I think that its not the right type of foundation for people looking to cover any blemish or anything at all.
Stephanie U.
Almay Smart Shade Foundation is an excellent little investment. A lot of my products are from Sephora and Mac so I have gotten used to their quality of makeup. The Smart shade really worked for me and is something that I know if I was short on time I could go to my nearest drug store and get it there. It's also wonderfully priced!
Mary M.
Frederick, MD
It goes on easily but does not always blend thoroughly and leaves orange spots sometimes. It also does not have excellent coverage, it gets basic blemishes and discolorations, however it does not cover redspots or anything like that.
Mary B.
Staten Island, NY
Its been several years since I have used this foundation. As a black girl it is imperative for you to find a shade that matches your skin tone. The magic that this foundation claims to be able to do is impossible. It ends up looking ashy and white and you look ghost faced. It does not oxidize immediately. One shade does not fit all.
Emily G.
Plainsboro, NJ
I bought this back in high school and absolutely hated it. For a 'smart shade' product that was supposed to match skin tone, it turned into an orangey yellow shade that in no way matched my light and neutral toned skin. I can't imagine that it's an easy product to formulate, but I would never market a product with results like that.
Rachael R.
Altoona, PA
I had to use what seemed like a lot of this at one time and it doesn't match my skin tone all that well. If it isn't applied correctly it can look streaky and if you put too much in one spot and don't catch it, there will literally be dark lines on your face that won't come off unless you wash your face and start over. I wouldn't recommend buying this if you want to have an airbrushed look.
Chanel A.
N Las Vegas, NV
I used to use smart shade all the time! And it really does what it says, matches your skin. I felt it had good coverage, concealer was barely needed. I thought mine "went bad" really fast though. It got really orange and clumpy and then made my skin peel. However did not have us ha bad experience that I wouldn't try this again
Ashley R.
Wetumpka, AL
It is hard to get a good match to your skin tone. For me it comes out uneven and splotchy. I ended up washing it of and using a different foundation. I generally wear beige type foundations but the medium was WAY too dark and had a bit of a red tone to it. Maybe the light would work better but then again it may be to pale for me.
Briana S.
This stuff is pretty good. I think the way it changes color and blends out is amazing! However it doesn't have much coverage It can be build able though. I've only had it for a short time but I'm willing to play around with it more to see if there's better ways to apply it
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.